Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex Server Upgrade Drive

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
it was also in my spam folder, but since it's my work email address, I'm not too surprised.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
For the glory of Codexia! :obviously:
Screenshot_20210731-175357_1.png

Can't handle the bacon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Martin_(entrepreneur)

Greg Martin (born in September 1981 in Dallas, Texas) is a cybersecurity expert and entrepreneur. He is the co-founder of cyber-security company Anomali and is the co-founder and CEO of cyber security company JASK. Martin is credited with inventing the first Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP),[1] and is the creator of the popular open source Honeypot project “Modern Honey Network”.[2]

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
So what's the current state of affairs? Was the server upgraded? The software still looks the same to me, so I assume nothing happend on that front.

agris

Arcane
Patron
They shouldn’t change the look of the forums, just the hardware running it.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
So what's the current state of affairs? Was the server upgraded? The software still looks the same to me, so I assume nothing happend on that front.

Yes, we moved to a new server with better hardware and up to date production environment. The forum software is another story, moving from XF1 to XF2 is going to be a major PITA that we all want to do in theory but nobody wants to touch in practice because issues. It's going to be weeks of work at best if not months to transplant all the content, features, addons, etc. from the old platform to the new. I saw this going nowhere a long time ago so my suggestion was to trim it down to bare bones and then build back up bit by bit gradually because wanting to do it all at once is extremely unlikely to happen.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

Yes, we moved to a new server with better hardware and up to date production environment. The forum software is another story, moving from XF1 to XF2 is going to be a major PITA that we all want to do in theory but nobody wants to touch in practice because issues. It's going to be weeks of work at best if not months to transplant all the content, features, addons, etc. from the old platform to the new. I saw this going nowhere a long time ago so my suggestion was to trim it down to bare bones and then build back up bit by bit gradually because wanting to do it all at once is extremely unlikely to happen.

Thanks for the update. I'm not surprise that the software update is difficult and I think you're iterative approach is a good idea. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't think any upgrade is needed, I think that way now.
Given what happen in the world - and Australy is a test site for that, they will shut down codex in next year with 99% probability.
If you don't know what happen, stop for a day and google. You won't like it.
If DU got the jab he won't survive that long anyway. And I mean don't.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

So I reckon the new forum software enables you guys to install all different sorts of avatars with ease? This late forum software version has caused some problems in implementing a set of portraits I have uploaded into the respective thread. Infinitron has promised to make them available which is nice, but I think it's XF1 that's too tricky.

I am speaking about these particular avatars, from Numenera Collector's Edition:

PWOfeyN.png
GMP603n.png
zaryPJN.png
MguBLHz.png
GeMaC1v.png
Ipx1mhT.png

I can't wait for the new forum software and see these pieces go live!

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yes, not that that has anything to do with the forums.
So what you're saying is that we've donated for the servers to be a broken, buggy mess with missing features that doesn't deliver on time.

Very meta vis-a-vis the state of RPGs in current year.

No. What I'm saying is that you need to differentiate between the server, the forums and the site pages. Three completely different things, although connected. Various site pages being broken and/or "coming soon" for more than a decade are squarely on DarkUnderlord 's shoulders since he's coded the site back-end and laid out those features which he never completed. Heck, Infinitron could probably knock all that out in a few weeks if not sooner if he wanted to.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

All the forum "features" are just fluff. The discussion is what matters.

Just return to basic post and reply forums with a brofist only option.

Add back more features when you feel like it.

That makes sense to me, why not make a poll for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom