Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Story Ever

lossantos

Educated
Codex homo's and hollywood cucks call a game a "good story" with NPCs speaking a Shakespearean lexicon even in the most difficult circumstances.

We're in a post-post-post-apocalyptic world on Underrail, people eat rat meat for nothing, and even in the safest station it's easy to get your throat cut, so time is of the essence. In such harsh conditions people SHOULD speak quickly and tell what they want to say very briefly. Therefore, the dialogues and the scenario are quite realistic and exactly what I wanted. At least better than Arcanum where the Gnome with flaming arrows gushing out of her ass speaks like, "My great lord, why are you putting me in this fastidious situation"

FriendlyMerchant

You're missing the point. Underrail is properly played as an autism simulator on DOMINATING difficulty. If you're playing it for the story, you're playing the game wrong.

Trashos

Arcane
Realistic dialogues are boring, and I am not in favor of realistic dialogues in entertainment products or even serious books. I will take "My great lord, why are you putting me in this fastidious situation" over "Oh Shit!" any day. Make it INTERESTING.

As a matter of fact, "Oh Shit!" tells you nothing about the character, so it is the option that wastes your time by explaining what is happening on the screen, possibly because the authors think you are a retard.

UR is both brief and interesting, so I have no complaints there. (it is less brief in certain locations, and it is hit and miss there, but I will leave that aside right now.)

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Best story = when the environment/world tells it

ie Morrowind
Yes. There is so much more to storytelling than just the spoken or written language.
Just played Ultima VII through and, although some things related to the main quest were repeated so you don't miss them, a lot of things on the side were left for the player to discover.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
unnamed-6.jpg

p5G4SQ3gEO-2.png

page01.jpg

DE_DOOM_Comic_RipTear.jpg

KKVKg.jpg

5c23f4559fd78da2f072057cdf9633cc.png

BEST STORY INDEED!

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DOOM!
p5G4SQ3gEO-2.png

page01.jpg

DE_DOOM_Comic_RipTear.jpg

KKVKg.jpg

5c23f4559fd78da2f072057cdf9633cc.png

BEST STORY INDEED!
hell yeah
also:
doomrl+2012-04-08+08-37-04-32.png

doomrl+2012-04-08+08-37-09-13.png

John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them, now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships, daddy."
Dad said "NO! YOU WILL BE KILL BY DEMONS!"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.
"This is Joson," the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US," said the demons!
"I will shoot at him," said the Cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons," he shouted!
The radio said "No, John. You are the demons."
And then, John was a Zombie.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It could be argued Duke Nukem has a hell of a story arc in D3. It is like a classic alien movie invasion meets AWESOME. Duke does talk to move the story along. They destroyed Duke over time. Why the fuck he'd want a couple of Olsen Twins sucking it down is a fetish that is bullox. Playing with turds? Etc etc totally fucked up.

Doom marine is straight forward. No name, no bitch to drag him down, and everything taken until its just rage. I wonder if the novels are awful.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
This is nightmare level fuel...
PjBvrCq.jpg

Ys3dzVp.jpg

And now we know the true story origins of MJ's corruption and terror.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game doesn't let you befriend Tchort, therefore game does not have the best story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom