Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 2042

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
With each day i'm serious thinking on asking for my money back. And taking in consideration i bought with focus on the portal itself.

Trithne

Erudite
Given that a given match is going to have a half dozen or so of her, using them is hardly unusual anyway.

passerby

Arcane
The flashlight is so ridicoulosly bright, that you can't see shit with it being on.

DemonKing

Arcane
Battlefield 2042 features series' first non-binary character

...because nothing says hard-core future warrior more than the term "non-binary".

Just had a thought - maybe stormtroopers were all non-binary hence the unisex armour and their inability to actually hit anything.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Here is a meme line for a trailer: "Ye gods, what cringe would our host command?" "Swept to the war, where corporal Gay serves under lieutenant They!"

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was probably the gayest commercial I have seen for anything war-related.

Getting you pumped through trailers is a long last art nowadays. Everything is so bland, boring and filled with zoomer humor that not even zoomers enjoy. The video don't even have the iconic music.

Still get chills watching this.

Last edited:
because old trailers were trying to sell you the idea, now they're ads for shit products whose only chance is to cheat the biggest amount of retards into buying by stroking egos.

btw, why does pirates of the caribbean stole that trailer's music?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Just lol at their latest trailer. You would think they make a trailer to actually sell the game, but nope. First off scripted, gameplay just looks fake. Enemies are just standing around waiting to get shotgunned to death. But the funniest thing is the helicopter scene. As soon as that starts the game drops to sub 20 FPS in performance. Unbelieve they actually used this footage to promote the game. It makes me think that EA and DICE (and Nvidia) actually don't care about this game, it's just some quick cashgrab and the real dev-team is working on something else.

ADL

Prophet
For such a tech-focused video marketed to people who have 20/30 series GPUs, you'd think they'd release it with better encoding and a higher resolution than fucking 1080p. I get that RT ambient occlusion is difficult to showcase but an on/off comparison would have been nice.

Also the frame rate is horrendous. These features will be nice on next year's hardware I guess.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Like I said, there is no effort behind it. Which makes me think this is far off something that would be a flagship title... or maybe the industry have become so bad now that you don't even need to try. Everyone buys the game anyway.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Just seems weird. I don't see allurement of having WW2 men and vehicles going against modern equipment. I'm too much of a autist for that. And I can play the other games(factions) and maps cheaper and better already, on a stable engine.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Just seems weird. I don't see allurement of having WW2 men and vehicles going against modern equipment. I'm too much of a autist for that. And I can play the other games(factions) and maps cheaper and better already, on a stable engine.

If you had to do something silly like that, it would be better to just re-imagine WW2 nations with equipment from some other era, not having it be WW2 vs. 2020.

It's a shame that Battlefield went into the toilet after BF2. A remaster of it with Bad Company 2 destruction would be good fun.

let me give you a more apt rephrasing: "ww2 vs future is plenty retarded".
the more i learn about this game, the farther i want it to stay from me. hell, thinking i was even planning to buy it, just for the hope it'd be a "sequel" to 2142. instead, it's a sequel to down syndrome.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
instead, it's a sequel to down syndrome.
syndrome-of-a-down-memes-8153d93da57a441a-893b68d29ba1764e.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom