Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My new crpg (under heavy development)

Should I continue the development?

• Yes, it looks great.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Yes, but it needs heavy development.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Rather not.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Good gracious no!

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I made some "music" for the menu and dungeon.

The only thing you're going to achieve by developing your game is to turn your players, i mean your player, or rather just yourself blind by staring at that thing.

Seriously, why don't you try to be a baker instead or rather a confectioner, since you like flashy colors?

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Darth Canoli I'm almost certain this is intentional weirdness by TheDeveloperDude like what Prosper used to make. I mean, it would take less effort to pick up $20 worth of UI icons or portraits on the Unity Asset store than to make a UI that looks that bad.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wasn't sure what Tavernking was talking about, so I Googled "Cruelty Squad." I watched all 3 minutes and 42 seconds of the trailer. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT. And the game has a 97% positive rating from nearly 4,400 reviews. HOW?!

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
Party creation screen. You can use your own pictures of 128x128 (64x64, 256x256, etc) pixels.
You can make hybrid party members later buying additional magic schools at the Guild.
That would require double, triple etc experience points from then on.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I made some "music" for the menu and dungeon.

The only thing you're going to achieve by developing your game is to turn your players, i mean your player, or rather just yourself blind by staring at that thing.

Seriously, why don't you try to be a baker instead or rather a confectioner, since you like flashy colors?

bro I would rather look at shitty wireframe than whatever the hell that is supposed to be

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
I have got a quest. I have to find some so-called relic. So I was bumbling around a bit but was not able to find a thing.

Arbaces

Novice
New spell effect sounds and a little dungeon discovering. https://youtu.be/QUo_E-kfIns

Is this footage is supposed to be outdoors? You should strongly consider a different way of drawing the sky. It feels very claustrophobic to have a sky texture directly over your head like a ceiling, so don't do that outside. If you're using an engine it's probably trivial to set an environment map, but otherwise just render a flat fullscreen texture with scrolling like in Doom instead of clearing the screen.

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
New spell effect sounds and a little dungeon discovering. https://youtu.be/QUo_E-kfIns

Is this footage is supposed to be outdoors? You should strongly consider a different way of drawing the sky. It feels very claustrophobic to have a sky texture directly over your head like a ceiling, so don't do that outside. If you're using an engine it's probably trivial to set an environment map, but otherwise just render a flat fullscreen texture with scrolling like in Doom instead of clearing the screen.
No, this is indoors in a dungeon. Here is the outdoors: giving back the recovered relic to the quest giver: https://youtu.be/jij_dcB44S0

We found a teleport, need jump over it: https://youtu.be/kUZvgcFHBtg

Or we rather step into that teleport: https://youtu.be/YLnJW49hnHM Fortunately it teleported us into the lower level of the same dungeon.
Not somewhere else (a high level deadly dungeon at another galaxy)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom