Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Damn, they have broke Blackwater circlet machine, AGAIN.
It was bugged before if you do the things in incorrect order, then it was working ok but you needed skill check.

Now they have added endless attempts to skill check, with endless xp farm to the boot, but dialogue never recognize the original circlet in my bag so the damn thing never works. And I am DDing to the last 3 rooms again.

Holy shit!

volklore

Arcane
Camelia great? Opinion discarded.

(Also inquisitors do not get access to high level summoning spells through their spellbooks).
Iirc the summoner inquisitor subclass (monster herald? something like that) gets full summon progression as a class feature.

Tbh I don't think summons are very good in this. Even with the mythic feats to buff them, they just don't have the stats to hit hard. They're decent as tanks, especially if you can get the enemy to focus on a spider swarm (as it is mostly immune to regular attacks).
This is a big misconception. They do get spell-like abilities for summon monster 9 but they have limitations. Namely you can only have one summon monster x spell-like ability up at the same time, in exchange they have longer duration. Casting from spellbook, you can cast the same summon monster spells as many times as you want and summons will keep piling up without canceling each other. And inquisitors only get up to summon monster VI in their spellbook.

proxon

Educated
Just finished my lich run, with crusade mode addon, because fuck that shit again. Huge power spike at mythic level 3, you get the best spells right away, Corrupted Blood and Repurpose. No enemies that matter are immune to the first one, and with Repurpose end game Mariliths and archers that you can buff on top of their stats are clearing whole maps. You could probably solo unfair if you pick your battles when you unlock mythic path, but i would get bored and didn't try it. I was playing in turn based mode this time, only than can you notice bunch of funny stuff. Like your "army" that helps you at Treshold are like five hellknights with 60hp, while you are fighting with 1500+ hp enemies. Summoning spells still suck, a dragon that you get at mythic level nine is soloed by a level 15 trash mob. Game is still a buggy mess, keyboard keys would randomly stop responding at the last map, space bar bug etc. Also that designer that came up with shaking screen at Treshold should be sent to Siberia, still the game is addictive for combatfags so all in all good job Ruskies.
Areelu fight spoilers

she failed her save on Absolute Death after, and fight was over:lol:

Thonius

Arcane
I feel like we are playing a different game, repurpose take like 2 turns to animate, and most battles take 5 turns max even boss fight(except deskari fuck that dude)

6f36d65206ea7125e817a5ec98ea29cd.jpg

Imagine Seelah with this portrait
TERENDELEV
HAS ANYONE SEEN TERENDELEV?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is a big misconception. They do get spell-like abilities for summon monster 9 but they have limitations. Namely you can only have one summon monster x spell-like ability up at the same time, in exchange they have longer duration. Casting from spellbook, you can cast the same summon monster spells as many times as you want and summons will keep piling up without canceling each other. And inquisitors only get up to summon monster VI in their spellbook.
How much are you sleeping that you can afford to cast your highest level summon multiple times per fight?

But yeah, that is a limitation, especially for bosses and the like. Although at the same time, against bosses summons will hit on 20+ so they're kinda useless anyway.

F: greybor

Why?

He's a real bro.

Commander, give me 12500 gold or I'll kill you. *dies in one turn because he's a shit character and even if he wasn't 1v6 are not good odds*
I might be biased, I never took him on a quest I didn't have to. But every single interaction I had with him tells me he is a boring character with a boring build.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I might be biased, I never took him on a quest I didn't have to. But every single interaction I had with him tells me he is a boring character with a boring build.
His build is ass. He has some funny dialogue in camps and what not but thats about it for his character. And some funny dialogue if you get the respect ending for his quest.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hit the first big disappointment.

It seems the crowd of feeble-minded English-speaking whiners broke Owlcat Games for good, at least in one aspect. They became so afraid of hate for the timed quests that they made the game more traditional in the worst sense of this word. Now the time advances only by the click of the player. Nothing else can change the world, as it was in all CRPG's before. Which would have been OK if not for Kingmaker where time goes as it should go - independently from the player. The player can choose to react to the events or to ignore them - and lose the game.

Now, I did not try to test if Chapter 1 can fail due to frequent long rests. If it can - OK.

However,
when the attack of the Defender's Heart - a small tavern in the city, presumably, overrun by demons - can start only by the explicit player's choice
I find it extremely disgusting.

I wonder what else they dumbed down.

On the brighter note:
Darian Wytt?
Dorian Gray anyone?

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Now, I did not try to test if Chapter 1 can fail due to frequent long rests. If it can - OK.
The chapter cannot fail but a lot of things go to shit if you don't do them before tavern defense, you can miss companions and characters will die. And the sadistic game design boss appears after the tavern fight. Unfortunately that's all the timed stuff other than the secret ending.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
that's all the timed stuff other than the secret ending.
Is the secret ending really timed tho?.
I did it twice by going there in 4717, but I'm not 100% sure the year matter, just the month and the day. I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to test, just extremely boring since you'd have to skip day for a few hundred times.
Yeah I guess there's technically no time limit, just it has to happen at a specific time so you're right.

Sharpedge

Prophet
The chapter cannot fail but a lot of things go to shit if you don't do them before tavern defense, you can miss companions and characters will die. And the sadistic game design boss appears after the tavern fight. Unfortunately that's all the timed stuff other than the secret ending.
The boss that appears after the tavern defense is not required for Sadistic Game Design. The only bosses required for SGD in act 1 are
Kervil the Sparkling Fist (Silken Thread Atelier), Faxon (Tower of Estrod, pre-tavern fight), Succubus (Tirabade residence) and the Cairn Wight (Pitaxian Wine Cellar).
The list of "optional bosses" required for the achievement is completely divorced from the achievement bosses, despite what you might think. You can verify this by looking through the etudes with the search string "SadisticGD," you will find the following for act 1.
qzcsTQx.png
that's all the timed stuff other than the secret ending.
Is the secret ending really timed tho?.
I did it twice by going there in 4717, but I'm not 100% sure the year matter, just the month and the day. I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to test, just extremely boring since you'd have to skip day for a few hundred times.
It checks the day and month, not the year.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

What boss? That appears when you kill cultist necromancer?

Ghulgothas

Arcane

What boss? That appears when you kill cultist necromancer?
Go back to where you fought the cultist necromancer after the tavern defense to meet a new flying friend

proxon

Educated
I feel like we are playing a different game, repurpose take like 2 turns to animate, and most battles take 5 turns max even boss fight(except deskari fuck that dude)
On hard mode battles last longer than two turns, especially if my physical dps gets bad rolls. Plus those summons stay with you even after rest, pretty useful on bigger maps. Second fight against Deskari was against his echo or whatever was the name and he was a pushover, on my trickster run second fight was actual Deskari and was a lot harder.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Damn, they have broke Blackwater circlet machine, AGAIN.
It was bugged before if you do the things in incorrect order, then it was working ok but you needed skill check.

Now they have added endless attempts to skill check, with endless xp farm to the boot, but dialogue never recognize the original circlet in my bag so the damn thing never works. And I am DDing to the last 3 rooms again.

Holy shit!

They took like 2 years to fix the Bartolomew whip quest in Kingmaker so I wouldn't fret too much.

Found it working the first time only this summer in my last playthrough.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just spent like 30 days skipping days in Drezen to enchant some relics and then decided to travel to Iz. As soon as I reached my destination, I realized that my entire party hadn't slept a single time IN AN ENTIRE MONTH. Fucking Nenio can't travel 6 hours without complaining, then she goes THIRTY DAYS without resting AND SHE ISN'T EVEN FATIGUED.

Why would anyone implement a "skip day" button without making it give the benefits of a rest?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I just spent like 30 days skipping days in Drezen to enchant some relics and then decided to travel to Iz. As soon as I reached my destination, I realized that my entire party hadn't slept a single time IN AN ENTIRE MONTH. Fucking Nenio can't travel 6 hours without complaining, then she goes THIRTY DAYS without resting AND SHE ISN'T EVEN FATIGUED.

Why would anyone implement a "skip day" button without making it give the benefits of a rest?

No please, imagine if for every skip day the rest tab pops up.

Delterius

Arcane

No please, imagine if for every skip day the rest tab pops up.
why would it include the rest tab

just skip and apply rest effects

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom