Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

typical user

Arbiter
But what's your opinion of the sex scenes?
I haven't seen any yet, because Gaider is cockblocking my Inquisitor.

My Inquisitor has been hitting on all the ladies and treating them very nicely, even the red headed dwarf scout chick, but nothing. They just won't put out.

Then I talk Dorian, whom I always treat like like crap, because he is an obnoxious homosexual, and this pops up.

Vv1AWju.jpg
[

That's what you say but maybe you are just gay?

Stoned Ape

Savant
I played a bit of this years ago.

The boss battles are shit.

The characters are shittier than the boss battles.

The fucking singalong in the snow is cringy embarrassing bullshit.

I stopped playing there, so I'm not sure how much shittier it gets after that.

Overall: shit/10.

dacencora

I played a bit of this years ago.

The boss battles are shit.

The characters are shittier than the boss battles.

The fucking singalong in the snow is cringy embarrassing bullshit.

I stopped playing after that, so I'm not sure how much shittier it gets after that.

Overall: shit/10.
Careful, fantadomat will say you never played the game and jumped on the bandwagon.

I actually kinda liked the singalong at the campfire, but the gameplay was shit and I didn’t like any of the companions. The masquerade ball was kinda cool, but overall I just thought the game was boring. The first two games are definitely superior.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
DAI was such shit I could not believe it.

I almost wrote a review, it was so shit.

I finished it and all its DLCs since I paid for them. I'm still too traumatized to describe it in words.

stop.png
being a retarded autist Fedora Master, this is the DAI thread.

dacencora

I finished it and all its DLCs since I paid for them. I'm still too traumatized to describe it in words.

stop.png
Couldn’t bring myself to play the DLC where the Egghead gets more story or something. It was all so boring. People out there talk about how gripping the story was in DAI, and I barely remember it. At least Throne of Bhaal was somewhat entertaining in how bad it was. DAI was entirely forgettable.

Camel

Scholar

stop.png
He doesn't understand that he's making more people to post in this thread. :lol:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Couldn’t bring myself to play the DLC where the Egghead gets more story or something.

Yes, the Trespasser DLC was a special kind of garbage. It somehow added nothing, in fact it subtracted from the story. Ended on a cliffhanger unresolved plot anyway.

The first DLC, Jaws of Hakkon, was literally cut content. It was just more of the same base game, one more area.
The second DLC was completely detached from everything else, a mini adventure not related to anything.

Then the Trespasser DLC which was ostensibly there to tie up the story, but it was nothing but fanwankery and third tier drama from fedoratards.

I still can't get over the sheer idiocy of creating a fantasy world where the gods don't actually exist. What the fuck was the point of that?

dacencora

Couldn’t bring myself to play the DLC where the Egghead gets more story or something.

Yes, the Trespasser DLC was a special kind of garbage. It somehow added nothing, in fact it subtracted from the story. Ended on a cliffhanger unresolved plot anyway.

The first DLC, Jaws of Hakkon, was literally cut content. It was just more of the same base game, one more area.
The second DLC was completely detached from everything else, a mini adventure not related to anything.

Then the Trespasser DLC which was ostensibly there to tie up the story, but it was nothing but fanwankery and third tier drama from fedoratards.

I still can't get over the sheer idiocy of creating a fantasy world where the gods don't actually exist. What the fuck was the point of that?
They pulled a Pillars twist? Oh boy. Glad I never played it, tbh.

jackofshadows

Magister
DA:O has the subversive fantasy world wherever you look. So this DA:I exact twist only makes sense.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Your valuable opinion has been accounted for. Thank you!
Same goes for half the people in here. Everyone is "hurrr i played like 30 minutes and now i have to post in this niche site for 10 years about how shit the game is....durrrr". Such type of people are as worthless as their opinion.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Same goes for half the people in here. Everyone is "hurrr i played like 30 minutes and now i have to post in this niche site for 10 years about how shit the game is....durrrr". Such type of people are as worthless as their opinion.

Very true, people like being part of the hivemind. I did play through the entire game, DLCs included ... I would love to write a proper review, if only to please Fedora Master
smug.png

I don't have the time right now.

dacencora

Your valuable opinion has been accounted for. Thank you!
While the words you wrote are true, you accuse people of only playing 30 minutes if they write critical things about the game. So…I guess it’s a moot point?

jackofshadows

Magister
DA:O has the subversive fantasy world wherever you look. So this DA:I exact twist only makes sense.

Not really, DAO is the derivative fantasy world. What the fuck do you see as subversive in that world?
Uh, hello? The enslaved elves, the dvarves with their caste system, the templars with their lirium addiction the magic users etc etc. Almost every familiar fantasy component is somehow subverted. I mean, of course you can call it derivative as a whole - that's not incorrect at all but my point is that the absence of Gods fits nicely. Looking back at DA:O with this knowledge I don't see any problems.

What shocked me the most when I played this after it came out, was how short the main quest line is. Sure, the quests are quite diverse, Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts and the time traveling one being probably the most memorable ones, but holy shit was it short overall. The only other thing I remember are fairly huge diverse locations with nothing to do and a complete lack of C&C for most of the side quest.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Uh, hello? The enslaved elves, the dvarves with their caste system, the templars with their lirium addiction the magic users etc etc. Almost every familiar fantasy component is somehow subverted. I mean, of course you can call it derivative as a whole - that's not incorrect at all but my point is that the absence of Gods fits nicely. Looking back at DA:O with this knowledge I don't see any problems.

Everything in DAO is derivative of Song of Ice and Fire and Wheel of Time and a number of other 90s dark-fantasy tropes. It's Gaider's fan-fiction.

Things can be derivative even if they're aren't ripping off Tolkien directly.

jackofshadows

Magister
Everything in DAO is derivative of Song of Ice and Fire and Wheel of Time and a number of other 90s dark-fantasy tropes. It's Gaider's fan-fiction.

Things can be derivative even if they're aren't ripping off Tolkien directly.
If you say so. I guess you are more aware of those fantasy inspiration (with or w/o quotation marks) Gaider's sources than I am.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
If you say so. I guess you are more aware of those fantasy inspiration (with or w/o quotation marks) Gaider's sources than I am.

I'm not telling you your opinion is wrong, just that Gaider is a hack.

The DAO world is dark fantasy and all that, but did it subvert anyone's expectations that the niggas elves were a race of superbeings after all?

It's the typical amerimutt garbage and predictable as all fuck. All it lacked was a link to www.elved.com

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Stop unironically posting about playing this abominable game.

This is a threat.

images

Not only have you ensured we will continue to post in this thread, but you've also drawn attention to yourself.

You are now synonymous with Dragon Age Inquisition.

You are the DAI boy.

So tell us, why is it your favorite game and why do you fantasize about gay sex with Gaider?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom