Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just spent like 30 days skipping days in Drezen to enchant some relics and then decided to travel to Iz. As soon as I reached my destination, I realized that my entire party hadn't slept a single time IN AN ENTIRE MONTH. Fucking Nenio can't travel 6 hours without complaining, then she goes THIRTY DAYS without resting AND SHE ISN'T EVEN FATIGUED.

Why would anyone implement a "skip day" button without making it give the benefits of a rest?

No please, imagine if for every skip day the rest tab pops up.
I'm sure technology is advanced enough to allow us to get the benefits of a rest even without the rest tab. I mean, after all, Larian did manage to invent and implement such an arcane thing as CLICKING ON PORTRAITS TO TARGET SPELLS, I'm sure Owlcat will figure something out.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Now, I did not try to test if Chapter 1 can fail due to frequent long rests. If it can - OK.
The chapter cannot fail but a lot of things go to shit if you don't do them before tavern defense, you can miss companions and characters will die. And the sadistic game design boss appears after the tavern fight. Unfortunately that's all the timed stuff other than the secret ending.

What boss? That appears when you kill cultist necromancer?
Go back to where you fought the cultist necromancer after the tavern defense to meet a new flying friend

You need to kill cult necromancer before tavern defence to get it to spawn.
Any other content with special bosses/monsters you can miss before tavern defence if you do not do before?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why would anyone implement a "skip day" button without making it give the benefits of a rest?
Because we're more interested in achievements with funny badges than implementing gameplay.

If Steam overlay crashes for a month, you'll just see everyone's life slowly draining from their eyes. Like... when you take the phone charger from a zoomer.

Sharpedge

Prophet
The reason why Skip Day doesn't rest you is because if it did then Sadistic Game Design would become impossible due to how many days you need to skip in order to finish the game. Personally I would prefer the added QoL.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Also if u are skipping days in the wilderness then it would be more safe choice compared to normal resting (no ambush chance / no corruption fuckness)

Parabalus

Arcane
They want to torture you with the extremely slow rest screen, and having to click 10+ times to fast forward it.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
No please, imagine if for every skip day the rest tab pops up.
That's exactly how skipping days should work.

I want to create a haul of potions and scrolls to serve my pajama tank until the end of the game. Otherwise, those days will be wasted.
If Steam overlay crashes for a month, you'll just see everyone's life slowly draining from their eyes. Like... when you take the phone charger from a zoomer.
So by playing the GOG version without achievements I am making myself great service? Good to know.
I'm just imagining these strung out adventurers who haven't slept in a month, eating caffeine pills like candy and snorting coke just to keep standing.
So, basically, German pilots in WW-2?

Technomancer

Liturgist
Someone extracted the full list of effects that trickster's knowledge arcana ranks add on gear yet?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm just imagining these strung out adventurers who haven't slept in a month, eating caffeine pills like candy and snorting coke just to keep standing.
There is no coke. It's a world without coca plant.
Actually, he might be onto something:

silv.png

jungl

Augur
Uninstalled this bugged crap. I'll wait next year at this point, if the basics are broken I can already imagine the rest.
But there is plenty of bugs and broken shit as content! as expected from the former developer of Nival interactive. Owlfat can't escape their super eurojank background feat/past.

Everyone here put the game aside outside of the regulars 1000 hour+ autists and 60 dollar buyer remorse fags that got to eat the meal they bought.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Someone extracted the full list of effects that trickster's knowledge arcana ranks add on gear yet?

Most of them are underwhelming on weapons. No 'greater speed', no 'sonic dmg'. Typically you would get something lile 'X bane' (vermin bane, plant bane, construct bane, good outsider bane...), and then some kind of elemental damage.

Armor gets usually some resistance, like negative resistance 20, and amulets/rings/cloaks/belts/boots get nothing at all from knowledge arcana 2/3.

Also there is the bug that if you move some of the items in a merchant screen on the merchant side to be sold, and then change your mind and move them back in your inventory they lose the enchantments (they also don't change price even if they become +1 on enchantments and get the additional effects).
Same with Finnean if you change the weapon type.

If you toybox yoursellf 30 armors and 30 weapons you get pretty much the full list

Last edited:

Zacura

Barely Literate
Hi, I'm new, so idk if this is considered stirring up problems, but I NEED to ask:

Who is Lilura and why did he design Shrine of the Three like that? I've been loving this game like no other, but that encounter...that encounter made me put the game down. Being forced into Turn based, tedious gameplay was a sudden and complete turn-off, and I just genuinely want to understand if that was trolling or considered actual fun gameplay around here.

cw8

Cipher
Reloaded at Act 5 and now took Gold Dragon dropping my Angel. Immediately all the team buffs and spells are gone. And the Gold Dragon Form always seem to get dispelled during fights. Gold Dragon really needs a buff or at least an undispellable dragon form.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Reloaded at Act 5 and now took Gold Dragon dropping my Angel. Immediately all the team buffs and spells are gone. And the Gold Dragon Form always seem to get dispelled during fights. Gold Dragon really needs a buff or at least an undispellable dragon form.
Gold dragon and swarm are unfinished and several times weaker than the other paths unfortunately. Gold dragon gets to keep companions at least.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
And the Gold Dragon Form always seem to get dispelled during fights. Gold Dragon really needs a buff or at least an undispellable dragon form.
If this happens a lot (I'll believe your word that it does) then this would be very restrictive as far as viable classes go. As far as I am aware of only Monks and Magus/Armoured Battlemages naturally gain SR so that you can maintain your dragon form.

It's late here, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
And the Gold Dragon Form always seem to get dispelled during fights. Gold Dragon really needs a buff or at least an undispellable dragon form.
If this happens a lot (I'll believe your word that it does) then this would be very restrictive as far as viable classes go. As far as I am aware of only Monks and Magus/Armoured Battlemages naturally gain SR so that you can maintain your dragon form.

It's late here, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

There are some items, and the 5th level abjuration spell called spell resistance. Gold dragon form works exactly the same as the dragonkind 3 spell so it feels pretty underwhelming since even on a martial you can just level up umd and get the same thing with scrolls or wands.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Gold dragon and swarm are unfinished and several times weaker than the other paths unfortunately. Gold dragon gets to keep companions at least.

Swarm is the murderhobo path and murderhobos must suffer!!!

perfectslumbers

Arbiter

Swarm is the murderhobo path and murderhobos must suffer!!!
Trust me they'll be suffering when they lose every companion and their previous mythic path in return for... 4 natural ac... and then spend 5 hours grinding like it's a classic jrpg to turn that into 10 ac

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom