Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

people are leaving the codex in droves

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You can guarantee that if Fallout 2 came out today people here would be decrying it as worthless SJW propaganda because the shotgun marriage scene doesn't care what sex your character is, and First Citizen Lynette is black and female and in an authority role.
Well, Fallout is game that's happening on US territory. 2-11 percent of survivors are likely to be black/brown. So why would anyone complain? 100 percent black/brown town would be acceptable too.
Also Linette is brownish. She is lighter than Kerry Washington, and skin is more like Regina King. But nose might be more close to Gabrielle Union.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You can guarantee that if Fallout 2 came out today people here would be decrying it as worthless SJW propaganda because the shotgun marriage scene doesn't care what sex your character is, and First Citizen Lynette is black and female and in an authority role.
Well, Fallout is game that's happening on US territory. 2-11 percent of survivors are likely to be black/brown. So why would anyone complain? 100 percent black/brown town would be acceptable too.
Also Linette is brownish. She is lighter than Kerry Washington, and skin is more like Regina King. But nose might be more close to Gabrielle Union.

Racially homogenous towns would make complete sense in a post-apoc America. It's already happening in America right now and the Apocalypse is still ongoing.

Viata

Arcane
Only if the devs were announcing that every other time. The problem with having a single gay character in modern RPG is not that the character is gay, it's that the dev thinks that is so important they need to remind people every time that they have a gay character in(tbh, they would include a non-binary character, not a gay character as things are going now). One of the most loved RPG on codex is New Vegas and even that game has a gay character. So clearly it's not just about including those people, it's about how they annoy you with this, if you make a joke about them you are forced to removed it(remember PoE?) and so on.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I don't keep notes on everybody like you guys do here, but one thing I've noticed is that lately I receive less alerts from watched threads, little turnout of new threads whenever I'm scanning a board, it's getting stale for codex standards... so perhaps it's true that everybody is leaving.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't keep notes on everybody like you guys do here, but one thing I've noticed is that lately I receive less alerts from watched threads, little turnout of new threads whenever I'm scanning a board, it's getting stale for codex standards... so perhaps it's true that everybody is leaving.

'ropulos doesn't keep notes on people'

:updatedmytxt:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Rich to see this topic coming from Jenkem who got so pissed at heroic Slavs like Maxie he would launch into unprovoked schizo rants for hours campaigning for their ban until Papa DU decided to give the lil bitch his bottle.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Nice to see no matter what name Liberal steals, he and Jenkem will always find a way to engage in their gay love.

It's like The Notebook. True love shines forever.

Semiurge

Cipher
Videogames offering FANTASIES? No way! Now excuse me while I go save the world as an unstoppable musclebound ubermensch with an impossibly attractive chainmail-bikini girlfriend in a good old 90s RPG, back before the genre was just offering cheap power fantasies.

They were power fantasies for NORMALS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom