Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

sigard

Not Excidium

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Kohan Immortal Sovereigns kinda rings a bell for me.

Second one could be Theocracy perhaps? Not sure if this one had a time limit, cause I only played a demo of it back then.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Maybe you could help me too. Looking for a game from late 90s. Looked like a Warcraft 2 clone but had an Asian theme. As far as I remember one of the units you could build was a guy wearing a conical bamboo hat(at least it looked like it) and armed with a rifle/shotgun.

spectre

Arcane
Maybe you could help me too. Looking for a game from late 90s. Looked like a Warcraft 2 clone but had an Asian theme. As far as I remember one of the units you could build was a guy wearing a conical bamboo hat(at least it looked like it) and armed with a rifle/shotgun.
A bit of a long shot, but this somehow made me think of War Wind. It had a sequel, so maybe check both.

Dick

Educated
711266-war-diary-dos-screenshot-attacking-the-japanese-camp.png

War Diary sounds a bit like it too ? Although that seems to be more of a Warcraft 1 clone

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Thanks fellas. They both look pretty close to that game, but unfortunately it's not what I'm looking for. Must be some really obscure game lost in time. I need to get a comprehensive list of RTS released in the 90s and go through each one of them lol, maybe then the mystery could be solved.;)

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There was another game I was looking for from early 2000. It was a WW2 RTS which had only one American campaign in Normandy. There was no base building and the amount of troops you'd get for the mission was fixed. I don't remember if you could get reinforcements, but I think the maximum amount of troops would be around 50+/-. It had a multiplayer player too where you could pick the Germans. I remember some people called it "Commandos with a lot of units".

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

War Diary?

Lagi

Savant
There was another game I was looking for from early 2000. It was a WW2 RTS which had only one American campaign in Normandy. There was no base building and the amount of troops you'd get for the mission was fixed. I don't remember if you could get reinforcements, but I think the maximum amount of troops would be around 50+/-. It had a multiplayer player too where you could pick the Germans. I remember some people called it "Commandos with a lot of units".
Sudden Strike ?

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

War Diary?

No man, the buddy above already suggested it, but unfortunately it's not that game.

Sudden Strike ?
I would never forget Sudden Strike.:) It was pretty popular game among those who were interested in WW2 games plus it had campaign for all countries. The game I'm looking for was rather obscure, the unit size was much larger than in SS, but the amount was smaller. I remember the first or second campaign mission didn't even have any tanks and then the next mission had like one tank. That's all I remember.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I would never forget Sudden Strike.:) It was pretty popular game among those who were interested in WW2 games plus it had campaign for all countries. The game I'm looking for was rather obscure, the unit size was much larger than in SS, but the amount was smaller. I remember the first or second campaign mission didn't even have any tanks and then the next mission had like one tank. That's all I remember.
https://www.pavelhirys.com/greatbattleslandinginnormandy This one or the OG Blitzkrieg series?

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I need to get a comprehensive list of RTS released in the 90s and go through each one of them lol
You can use the Mobygames browser. It's not quite comprehensive, but nothing is, and it's probably the closest: https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/windows/strategy/
You'll have to specify a year, maybe add another genre, etc.
You are my hero! Thanks to that website I found the WW2 game. It's WarCommander. Such a generic name no wonder I forgot what it was. There are hardly any videos on jootube of it and they are all of shitty quality. I wonder if I can download it anywhere.

The first Blitzkrieg was one of my favourite games. I played for hundreds of hours both in single player and multi. It was great to make your own maps and scenarios and then test them in multi. The maps would automatically download to those who joined the game. Ahh what a time it was.:love:

Now I need to try to find that other game using that website.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom