Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delterius

Arcane
So is it possible to mix mythic paths? I'd like to go trickster, but the Azata's Zippy and Favorable Magic are really desirable. I'd love to pickup those 2 and do the rest Trickster.
i'm very much on the same boat but no, can't do that

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does kitsune polymorph (for master shapeshifter) prevent usage of any kind of spells/buffs?

Nenio is in her polymorphed (human) form when you meet her. Doesn't prevent her from casting spells.
It does block the kitsune bonus Bite attack and Vulpine Pounce.

volklore

Arcane
Does kitsune polymorph (for master shapeshifter) prevent usage of any kind of spells/buffs?

Nenio is in her polymorphed (human) form when you meet her. Doesn't prevent her from casting spells.
I was mostly talking about self-buffs like size or form bonuses since you are technically polymorphed.

Fucker have 7 str no way hes that ripped.
Not to mention the man spends his entire time lazying around and drinking.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
One of the reasons I love Kenshi is that if you have high STR you get bulky and stuff, but if you have high DEX, you actually get definition on your muscles.

So, I realize what they're doing. It's for the ladies. But the ladies also know he's an Oracle with subpar STR, so I mean... great artwork, but it feels they're looking down on how much women can think, which is weird. And no, not the spell.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Is it reactivity to the Kineticist?
810e1858ff.jpg
What does she say to other classes?
Yeah, there is also one in Act II when you talk with fat quartermaster (with portrait) in crusade camp and ask what people think about commander. For ranger they basically say that you are a real good tracker and scout that knows his shit even tho I had no lore nature lol.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.reddit.com/r/OwlcatGame...rview_with_amm0ni_the_last_azlanti_challenge/

Interview with Amm0ni - The Last Azlanti Challenge winner!

The Last Azlanti Challenge recently ended, and we've taken the time to interview our winner. We believe it will be an interesting read for you - enjoy:

Owlcats: Hi, Amm0ni! The whole team was excited to track your progress. Congratulations to you! Please tell us about your impressions.

Amm0ni: Hello everyone! First of all I want to thank Owlcat Games for organizing this first competitive event in the RPG genre that I ever heard of! I never hoped I could make it to the end, let alone be the first, but looks like Desna smiled to me this time!

Owlcats: We are happy to hear you enjoyed it! It was a really unusual and new experience for us, too. Please tell us about your main character. Who is he in the world of Golarion, which god does he follow?

Amm0ni: My main character is a hunter who spent a lot of time away from civilization, disliking big cities and intrigues in them. He loves the straightforwardness and purity of the nature. He travelled a lot, was a mercenary, served on a ship, before finally settling in a beautiful forest under the blessing of Erastil, and building a small cozy inn. There he met a good friend - a dog called Boatswain, and lived peacefully with him, providing a shelter for travellers lost in the forest. But everything changed when a stranger has put the inn on fire, leaving only ashes behind. A desperate prayer to Erastil revealed that it was not just a crime, but a sign, that evil must be stopped, so my character packed up, took his bow, called his dog and started the greatest adventure of his life.

Owlcats: How did you pick the character class?

Amm0ni: I relied mostly on narrative aspect when picking this class. I love archers and I love pets. What combines that if not a hunter?

Taking a look at the subclasses, I picked Divine Hound, because Dog and Wolf pets are the best in the game, and Judgement let the hunter to keep up to the Ranger attack capabilities. So I thought: "Cool, I will both have a pet of the same level and damage of a Ranger. I'll take it! This class also fits the narrative of a demonic invasion really well.

Owlcats: What was the concept of your party?

Amm0ni: The idea and concept of my party relied upon powerful ranged damage, as I really enjoy archery IRL, and played a lot of MMORPGs where I often led raids. Party-based RPG like Pathfinder is technically the same - you've got a party, and you need tanks, healers, buffers and damage dealers.

Here's what I got:
  • Seelah (Paladin/Witch/Rogue/Monk/Primalist/Dragon Apostle) — tank;

• Boatswain (My dog) — offtank, assists Seelah;

• Sosiel (Priest)— heal/support that attacks from behind Seelah using a glaive;

• Ember (Witch) - irreplacable talisman of the party with its hexes that won me the hardest battles;

• Main character (Divine Hunter/Rogue) — Ranged dd;

• Arueshalai (Espionage Expert/Vivisector/Rogue) — my beloved one, a ranged dd;

• Nenio (Arcane Trickster/Scroll savant) — ranged dd, a great character. How can you even consider not taking this crazy lady with you?
Owlcats: What about the mythic path? Why Azata?

Amm0ni: I can talk for a long time about mythic paths, but shortly said, I stand for righteousness and freedom. I'm the wind of changes. I felt that Azata was something that can't be described or controlled, and something that brings good at the same time. In some way, I imagine Azatas as punks, or hippies in the world of Pathfinder. Punks not dead! And after they gave me the dragon, I knew I made the right choice. Aivu is the cutest and cooliest character in the game. Mechanics-wise, I've got command traits from my hunter being shared to the whole party, and as a coincidence, this was exactly what I specialized him in! Was really useful and got to be a really cool bonus.

Owlcats: Any wrong choice may lead to your demise in Last Azlanti mode. Was it hard to play?

Amm0ni: To be fair, not too much. I'm used to play on hardest difficulties in different games, and Normal difficulty was relatively easy for me. Not without tough moments though, as I never completed the game before and didn't know what to expect.

Owlcats: Speaking of tough moments, were there times when you thought your journey was over? Perhaps, some notable enemies?

Amm0ni: A fight with some boss Gargoyle in the Lost Chapel where my whole party except for one character got paralyzed, and I only had two remove paralyze potions. Playful Darkness, of course. Also nearly died on Nenio's quest from a dragon - my main character dropped dead, but I was able to ressurect him in one round. That one was really scary.

Owlcats: Awesome. Got any other thoughts you'd like to share?

Amm0ni: I can keep talking about builds and mechanics for a long time, but what's the point? I recommend you to play as you feel enjoyable, not as the numbers dictate. Go your own way!

I would like to thank the devs for such an awesome game and such different and unique characters in it. Also I'm also pretty happy that unlike with Kingmaker release, I was able to complete the game without running into any significant bugs.

Owlcats: We'd also like to thank you and other challengers for participating in this event and creating this cozy atmosphere of good sportsmanship. It was a real pleasure to watch.

Till we meet again!

Prize worthy of the Last Azlanti

You can find Amm0ni's channel here: https://www.twitch.tv/amm0ni

End of challenge video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WOrm3Daric&ab_channel=OwlcatGames

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems that stacking bodies on the battlefield is the best way to beat Last Azlanti.

The question is: do they have to be pets or will summons work, too?

Also, I do not get that Seelah multiclass; is pure Paladin so bad as a high AC class?

Sharpedge

Prophet
It seems that stacking bodies on the battlefield is the best way to beat Last Azlanti.

The question is: do they have to be pets or will summons work, too?
It isn't. The best way to beat last azlanti is to just out stat enemies. I don't think any of these streamers are particularly good at playing the game, even the person who won.
Also, I do not get that Seelah multiclass; is pure Paladin so bad as a high AC class?
I have no idea wtf he did to his poor seelah.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seelah (Paladin/Witch/Rogue/Monk/Primalist/Dragon Apostle) — tank;
I respect the dedication but I could never bring myself to use these fucking Build Soups people make out of their characters.

Yeah, I had to tilt my head at this one too. My best guess is he thought various things looked cool and just kept dipping to take them. i.e. Of course I need iceplant, and cha to AC, and uncanny dodge, and...

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Pure Paladin is fine for tanking on normal/core, and Seelah is okay for tanking on normal (but has too weak stats to do it above that.) Paladin mounts are quite tanky until lategame and tankier than Seelah will ever be. There are few pure classes that can tank above core. However Paladin/Witch/Rogue/Monk/Primalist/Dragon Apostle Seelah is about ten times worse because unlike a pure paladin you'll never be a remotely useful support and still won't have good ac. Why put Seelah into 10 different classes when you can go 1 witch/1monk/18 druid Lann and have more ac and 9th level spells 20d6 divine damage paws? Or 16 shaman 2 IW 2 Fighter Camellia and run around with 80 ac and deal fucktons of damage?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Honestly, I have found pure AC on the tank the least of my problems starting from chapter 3. There are so many spell effects, especially mind affecting, so many archers and mages who ignore the tanks and so many options to deny some parts of AC with invis, touch and etc, that Seela - pure Paladin on the horse with good saves and Mark of Justice, immunity to charm, compulsion and fear, turned out better deal than some abormination with Matuation Warrior and DD (muh mutagens!) could be.

IMHO CC, huge spell damage and summons > any chance of tanking anything in this game. My sorceress with Mirror Image + Ice Body + Seamantle + Displacement/Greater Invisibility and optionally Blink, with 30 AC is still much better tank than her 75AC pet.

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Why put Seelah into 10 different classes when you can go 1 witch/1monk/18 druid
Why witch?

As for AC multicalssing I feel like going 16 alch, 2 paladin, 1 oracle and 1 cha monk is the way to go if you want to stack maximum amounts of Cha AC. And thanks to that one item your AC bonus from smite changes to sacred so you can stack it with deflection AC items. Two levels of paladin means you don't get to smite much but there are two separate ways of permanently increasing smites per day.

Doktor Best

Arcane

I was mostly talking about self-buffs like size or form bonuses since you are technically polymorphed.

Not to mention the man spends his entire time lazying around and drinking.

Those abs are painted on.

Yosharian

Arcane
If he went Witch of the Veil it was probably because you used to get an ability that was obtained earlier than you should get it and also scaled with character level instead of class level, so basically you got a class feature for free by dipping 1 level. As well as the Iceplant+ring thing.

Daidre

Arcane
New patch is out, and it is huge. Wow, they are breaking pattern, previously all patches were arriving at evenings in my (and Owlcat's) TZ.

Daidre

Arcane
Patch notes: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3104663180648771076
Known issues in this version
(we will fix them in the next hot-fix):
  • There’s a bug with the platform in the Mage’s Tower in chapter 4, and it’s not moving as it should;
  • The filter of items doesn’t work in the loot interface.

Quests

• If Seelah was dead at the start of the chapter 4, she sometimes forgot to give her personal quest in chapter 5 – fixed;
  • Sosiel quest - "A Farewell" can be finished now;
  • Sometimes Camellia refused to leave Drezen even after the player character had excluded her from the companions. We explained to her the common courtesy rules, and now she'll leave when she has to;
  • Fixed Lann's dialogue - now female characters have one more option to start a romance with him;
  • During the romance with Lann the event with the letter didn't start, even if all conditions were met - fixed;
  • Sometimes the fates of Galfrey or Irabeth would register incorrectly (and the game could consider them dead when they were alive) - fixed;
  • Camellia won't try to attack the commander in the epilogue anymore, if you completed her whole quest chain;
  • Seelah's final quest could result in two mutually exclusive outcomes - fixed;
  • Fixed the inability to complete Sosie's "A Farewell" quest;
  • Irabeth used to forget to take her sword and give a reward for it - fixed;
  • If Seelah was dead during your transition into chapter 4, she could forget to give her quest in chapter 5 - fixed;
  • In the epilogue Nenio will no longer try to return and give the Commander her notes if the Commander didn't survive (she's so terribly forgetful!);
  • Fixed an error which didn't allow to complete the objectives for The Secrets of Creation (if you haven't completed all the 4 puzzles yet, you need to enter the location, where you've solved the puzzle; if you have solved all 4 of them, the objectives will complete automatically).

Areas

• Fixed Arueshalae's event in Alushinyrra Lower City;
  • Sometimes during the siege of Dresen it was impossible to pass through the gate - fixed. You shall pass now;
  • Trever was missing from the camp near Threshold - fixed;
  • Lich's Skeletal Companion wasn't under his master's control during the fight for Drezen - fixed;
  • Interaction and transfer icons on some objects (like portals) sometimes didn't show in Alushinyrra - fixed.

Crusade

• Game no longer crashes in crusade battles when the player attacks Mariliths;
  • Fixed the issue when some companions participated in the council meetings from the blackness;
  • If you start moving the army on the global map and switched to the party, the sound of the army chip moving continued playing- fixed;
  • Return Shooting now works according to description;
  • Magnificent Fencing now works according to description.

Classes & Mechanics

• Lilithu demons had 8 claw attacks instead of 4 - fixed;
  • Return Shooting now works according to description;
  • Magnificent Fencing now works according to description;
  • Constitution bleed can now be removed from fully healed character;
  • Halaseliax when on your side dealt damage to the player – fixed;
  • Sometimes Swarm-that-Walks could only summon one clone, despite its size allowing to have more - fixed, but it's required to devour someone first;
  • Constitution bleed can now be removed even from a fully healed character;
  • Quarry did not work right when multiple characters in party used it against the same target - fixed;
  • Demon gained a Major Demonic Aspect at wrong levels. Fixed, but requires retraining to work correctly;
  • Demon now gets Demonkind on the 5th mythic rank, not on 7.

Turn-based mode

• Combat could get stuck if the mount was sickened, while rider was not and attempted an attack that required movement - fixed;
  • Added another check to prevent Charge ability from being used if mount doesn't have enough actions;
  • Mounts did not react correctly to noticing hidden objects while moving in turn-based mode - fixed;
  • Charge ability could fail if used to initiate turn-based combat - fixed;
  • In turn-based mode if the mounted animal companion didn't have the line of sight on the target, its movement could be interrupted, and its turn could get stuck - fixed;
  • Fixed various problems with the Prediction bar for the mounts;
  • Mounts would attempt a full attack even if they couldn't deliver it, but their rider could - fixed.

Items

• Bracers Stormlord's Resolve could lead to a situation when the wearer became immune to all wearer's spells – fixed;
  • Fixed the issue with the game freezing when using Sickle of Wicked Rites.

UI

• No blood on wounded characters – fixed;
  • AOE spells showed wrong affected area – fixed;
  • Characters having wrong texture when changing equipment – fixed;
  • It was impossible to interact with some chests - fixed;
  • Improved the mod window;
  • Fixed the visual for targeting the spells which aim as a direct line;
  • It was impossible to create a Crossblooded Sorcerer - fixed;
  • In the inventory, the quill icon on the scrolls the characters could study wouldn't update when switching to another character - fixed;
  • Map view in the crusade mode was cluttered by the names of all the locations - fixed;
  • Cone attacks no longer hit the targets they were not supposed to hit;
  • Bug report window now offers and option to log keyboard input, for those who experience issues with the keyboard.

Misс

• Issues with the game’s icon – fixed;
  • Fixed the dialogue with the Hand of the Inheritor concerning Xorges;
  • Some attacks with the left hand looked strange - fixed;
  • Fixed the issue with inability to pause the game;
  • We disabled the selection of the mount when it has a rider on. Now clicking on the mount will select the rider, and the mounted animal can only be selected via its portrait. This is done to avoid selecting mounts by accident;
  • Fixed the issues which triggered some crashes on macOS;
  • macOS: Improved the loading of tent interior in chapter 2;
  • Sound banks amount could hit the limit in Alushinyrra - fixed;
  • Animal companions now help scouting for new locations on the global map;
  • Improved the performance after battles;
  • Fixed some cases of characters having wrong texture when changing equipment;
  • Some dead creatures were falling down again upon loading a save, forced to relive their agony over and over again - fixed and put them to rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom