Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

It's a big mood whiplash to go from "hmmm I can't wait to rape more, been a while since my last good rapemurder" demons to "yaaaay, cookies :3" purple dragon baby.

volklore

Arcane
Well, this thread convinced me to wait until WotR is cheap (25%> of the current price).

There was no reason for Ekun to be black at all but that's another issue altogether with Pathfinder: Nationality pretty much doesn't matter. There are no cultural attitudes that differentiate him from the rest of the group.

As I said, there's a certain diversity tax in games these days. You can't get around it. But Owlcat went above and beyond it by adding a Literal Black Homosexual in Wrath. Does his ethnicity have any impact on his character? No. Does his sexuality? No. That's just one character. You got homo NPCs and even homo demons on top.

How bad is it? Is it possible to be more or less consistently hostile to degenerates like the gay negro without being punished by the game?

I mean if he's talking about black gay companion Sosiel never mentioned his sexuality in my playthrough so i wouldn't ever know about him being gay if it wasn't for lunatics here same with Anevia you really need to dig if you want to find those gay/trans dialogues.
I have to admit, the faggotry the devs evidently expect some players to indulge in with Sosiel made me feel quite queasy. I've been invited to do gay flirtation in just about every conversation with him.

Which is quite annoying for someone who's OCD about clicking every dialogue option that's not grey :)

If they want to have an option for gay flirtation, they should have it initiated from the NPC's side, or have some sort of neutral interaction option that flags interest short of "I want you to paint me in the nude, you sexy black hunk of a man you."

Again, the activist idea is to normalize that stuff, to make it all seem like we're on the verge of gay luxury space Communism with puppies and rainbows - but it's not normal, it's not what most players are going to be interested in, and gay luxury space Communism can go fuck itself.
Maybe just don't click the options. Are you so gay you cannot not click a gay flirting option? I get some of the InYourFace garbage of early act1 is annoying (especially the cutscene display of lesbo affection between a giant half orcess and her human partner) but if you can't refrain from clicking the obvious gay lines or refuse to click lines to violently rebuke characters who flirt with you when you do not want to, you can only blame yourself. I you tell characters to fuck off, you'll never hear about it again. It's a good thing to do if you want to avoid cringe romances as well. Would be a good lesson for real life too, or maybe you'll end up in the columns of cosmo one day writing 'I have a gaping asshole and I realize now it was rape, I didn't say no but I was under his influence' #metoo

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
While you're in the Abyss you can choose to fight in the Arena. (I'm assuming this thread foregoes any sort of spoilers)

The champion of the Arena is an Incubus. In order to place a Fatigued debuff on him, you need to search low and high for a harem of succubae to tire him out.

This feels, on one hand, a quest designed by someone with a normal mind.

And then you go onto the Owlcat latest stream, and you hear the Paizo marketing faggot say they "wanted to make the game accessible for anyone that had any preferences in genders of any kind" and that "he's so happy the game sold more than anything they dished out PnP".

Strictly speaking, rusty's right. This is just the fanbase ruining the product. That Paizo faggot just wants to make money, right? Well... the real solution is to take out romances out of the game completely, if you ask me. And then you wouldn't have to take your dick out in front of the fox. You'd just be happy there's a bug on polymorph that gives her +4 to a bunch of stats.
Broadly speaking, rusty's wrong. Owlcat could've refused to put romances in the game.

Overall sad to see, in my opinion. The game without romances would've been an instant classic.

SumDrunkGuy

Oh rly? Wtf is that shit in the OP? Looks like typical leftist peadophilia to me. Are you saying that's not in the game? Are you suggesting my eyes are lieing to me? Are you doing what every leftist scumbag does and trying to convince me that you disgusting scumbags aren't trying to rape kids and make them mentally ill? Fuck every single one of you scumbags. More and more people are waking up to this shit and eventually you will hang. Fuck you sick fucks.

Sunri

Liturgist
Oh rly? Wtf is that shit in the OP? Looks like typical leftist peadophilia to me. Are you saying that's not in the game? Are you suggesting my eyes are lieing to me? Are you doing what every leftist scumbag does and trying to convince me that you disgusting scumbags aren't trying to rape kids and make them mentally ill? Fuck every single one of you scumbags. More and more people are waking up to this shit and eventually you will hang. Fuck you sick fucks.
rjKxrAI.png

This? this is a guy that pretend to be a girl so he is a crossdresser? not a girl with pp and this is the only dialog about it hidden behind grey dialogue option and hard skillcheck you really need to dig this out so its not showed in your face at all.
anevia-portrait-icon-npcs-world-pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous-wiki-guide.png

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Drag queens still identify as men. That character is a (pre-op?) tranny.

- There are zero characters like that
- Okay there is one but he's actually a pansexual demiboy treblenimbus, not a queerneutral greysexual protogirl so your terminology was incorrect
- Okay there are a few more but what about it?
- Okay the game's cast is straight out of a san francisco parade but a REAL FAN would talk about the game

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

i dunno if using 21st century descriptions of sex and gender for a high fantasy setting is all that helpful in any respect tbh (not saying there's an obviously more useful way to describe it either)

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
On both accounts, I expected something that wouldn't make me not want to play this game. It is pretty simple. It doesn't matter if the internal logic of your game would make it so it makes sense for a character to be a horny weirdo that spews cringe in dialogue
She is a fucking serial killer with daddy issues that wants to fuck you (if your character is male) just on the cooling body of her last victim.
Deal with it. You always could kill/snitch/exile her yourself.
It's just a one character.
It reminds me about people who think that Fallout 2 is chok-full of Easter eggs and jokes and doesn't have anything else.

Actually, that is what real succubuses do.
I need to check my Sinistrari's De Daemonialitate et Incubis et Succubis. All I clearly remember now is the description of properties of incubi seed. :M

Last edited:

Alex

Arcane
(... snip)
She is a fucking serial killer with daddy issues that wants to fuck you (if your character is male) just on the cooling body of her last victim.
Deal with it. You always could kill/snitch/exile her yourself.

Or, even better, I can deal with it by simply not playing the game...

It's just a one character.
It reminds me about people who think that Fallout 2 is chok-full of Easter eggs and jokes and doesn't have anything else.

Yeah, it has many more different types of silliness, like a teenage drug chemist, exploding toilets, etc.

But, being serious, this is not really my point. I haven't played this game and I doubt I will; I can't really say if all the cringe in this thread spoils it or not. But I can say it shouldn't be there. My point then was arguing that using this internal logic to justify these characters makes no sense. Hey, among all those adventurers rampaging around killing monster, some are bound to be serial killers. And among those some are bound to also be nymphomaniacs. That is besides the point; by internal logic, there are bound to be spells for cleaning up after the bathroom break, but they aren't in the game since it wouldn't make sense from the perspective of the designer to waste time with something like this.

I need to check my Sinistrari's De Daemonialitate et Incubis et Succubis. All I clearly remember now is the description of properties of incubi seed. :M

No idea what that is, but the whole point of the issue was that there is no such thing as "incubi seed".

Alex

Arcane
The existence of Succubi demons is not really something certain, to be sure. But whether they are real or not

Hey, long time no see, Alex. I see you went absolutely, completely insane in the meantime

Hello, Grunker.

Not at all. I still cling to sanity and I will never accept obviously false statements as true: like, say "intelligence can be reduced to an algorithm." or "Gurps 4e's character point design is an improvement upon the previous versions".

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

He drank a magical potion to be permanently changed into a female body. For all intents and purposes she should now, biologically, be completely female. Something that magic was needed for and, in my own personal opinion, is not possible with actual trans people.

Still, it's a technically and not the author's intent behind that character. But it's still an important technically for me none the less.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Not at all. I still cling to sanity and I will never accept obviously false statements as true: like, say [...] "Gurps 4e's character point design is an improvement upon the previous versions".

:lol: good to see you man

(regardless of your obvious descend into the depths of "succubi are real"-levels of stark-raving madness)

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
so pathfinder really went full bioware huh? Kingmaker's story was whatever but holy damn those examples are complete cringe :what:

"The Storyfag can never escape their destiny. First they merely wish for reactivity, they wish for choice and consequence... a noble stance. But then it begins to slip away and soon they wish for better writing, more dialogue bloat, long-winded purple prose and perhaps the worst of all this is requiring romanceable companions. Indeed, the Storyfag is a doomed creature for it is they that accept the decline of all things.

In contrast, this is why the Combatfag will always be the superior breed of gamer. They like their gaming pure, they want it unmolested, they care for what matters most in a game where the goal is to defeat the monster and win the scenario. The Combatfag will forever be there, playing and testing, theorizing and executing. The character generator to the Storyfag must be full of cosmetic options and facial sliders while the Combatfag demands gameplay-centric choices such as classes, attributes, traits or feats that have direct impact in the game itself.

The Storyfag game on its greatest day will be a mere single playthrough, but once the plot unwinds and twists are revealed that is all it will ever be. A good story, then put on the shelf to attract dust and cobwebs. The Combatfag game will be played, then replayed, for it is a game first and a tale as a distant second. It will be enjoyed for years to come, it will remain a fixture on your computer. When the night is long and full of nothing to do, it will forever be an attractive waste of time.

The Combatfag is a gamer and a pragmatist... a thinking man. The Storyfag is an impostor and emotionally driven... a retarded girl.

They cannot be compared."

-Gary Gygax, if he still lived.
combatfags would happily play games that required them to be receiving anal sex while playing if they thought it had "good combat"

can confirm, as will be proven when I play this game and try my damndest to completely ignore the cringe while doing fun rpg combat things

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Or, even better, I can deal with it by simply not playing the game...
Your loss then. It has a lot of fun combat, story is pretty interesting, some of companions are hilarious. The degree of the pozzing in this game is much less that you can see on the pair of screenshots, and most of it is inherent to the source material. For example, the local tranny is the creation of Amber E Scott (of Siege of Dragonspear's Mizhena fame). Considering that Pathfinder itself is fucking pozzed shit with special Azatas that strike down bigots it's fucking wonder that both Kingmaker and WotR are good games despite inane and SJW source.
Gancanaghs are especially protective of mortals who are open-minded about sexuality and gender, especially those who are persecuted for their beliefs. While they prefer to change the beliefs of such narrow-minded persecutors, they will still engage in reluctant combat to protect an ally in danger
No idea what that is, but the whole point of the issue was that there is no such thing as "incubi seed"
Are you really sure? Scholars even know its temperature and based on it the most interesting theories:
o4bvcfHH_o.png

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
yFHMqTRt_o.png

hR63Hq3l_o.png

LhZtVVtq_o.png

This shit is much more cringeworthy that our dear Camelia's smut.
Probably it is backer's quest, it feels completely disjointed with the rest of the game.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Your loss then. It has a lot of fun combat, story is pretty interesting, some of companions are hilarious.
I dunno. Wrath was one of the easiest games in my life to simply drop in the middle and never look back.
Before that city where you had to rotate camera to create path, or after?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom