Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Surprisingly ogres here are far less Monol-like. They look more like, i don't know...scottish.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
FDXCbYsWUAAM9k_

tabacila

Augur
Since the Dark Lands appear in the map it's pretty clear the Chaos Dwarfs will be a DLC race. Probably the first.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Didn't know Mississippi had an army in warhammer
Well they have to cater to their American audience somehow.
:troll:

Though seriously, seeing Ogres is predictable (there were a main army) but still pretty neat.
They should really add Chaos Dwarfs though, that's an army that fantasy players have been wanting to see for a while.
Not sure how they would differ from Dwarfs though. Maybe more war machines, as the Chaos Dwarfs aren't as anal-retentive over innovation?

I think they're supposed to also have magic users, slaves (mostly greenskins), cavalry (in the form of bull centaurs) and some monsters. So depending on which direction they take, it could be quite different from vanilla dwarfs

Since the Dark Lands appear in the map it's pretty clear the Chaos Dwarfs will be a DLC race. Probably the first.
and only, unless they give the Cathay treatment to Ind or Nippon

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Fat retards wowzers i wonder if they add Chaos Dwarfs in base game or later in dlc
Seems like the races will be each of the 4 chaos gods, kislev, cathay and ogres.
So, something like Vortex campaign at release, without ME...
Yea, and they are wondering why people don't care.
Afaik vortex only had skaven, helf, delf and lizards on release?

Admittedly it is a bit unclear so far if the chaos factions will differ enough to feel like separate factions and not just one faction with above average differences between LLs.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fat retards wowzers i wonder if they add Chaos Dwarfs in base game or later in dlc
Seems like the races will be each of the 4 chaos gods, kislev, cathay and ogres.
So, something like Vortex campaign at release, without ME...
Yea, and they are wondering why people don't care.
Afaik vortex only had skaven, helf, delf and lizards on release?

Admittedly it is a bit unclear so far if the chaos factions will differ enough to feel like separate factions and not just one faction with above average differences between LLs.
From the Chaos factions they've shown so far (Khorne and Tzeench), I'd say they are as different as Skaven and Lizardmen were at the start of Warhammer 2.

and only, unless they give the Cathay treatment to Ind or Nippon

You forgot...

dow-cover.png

It would not require them to add much to the map.

screenshot-49.png

yes, I forgot. Could be interesting, even if the "Mercenary" faction seems already taken by the ogre kingdoms, with their mecenary contract mechanic.
they could also do Tilea and/or Estalia

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Not sure how they would differ from Dwarfs though. Maybe more war machines, as the Chaos Dwarfs aren't as anal-retentive over innovation?

Besides having the biggest baddest artillery in the setting their main divergence from vanilla dawi is their reliance on slave races which means a much weaker frontline then dawi or even empire, but they also have some monsters and cavalry including flying cavalry as mount options for their leaders at least.

So ideally you would have to be more proactive in defending your fuckoff artillery batteries since you can’t rely on a solid shieldwall of sturdy basic dawi warriors to push back everything.

baud

Arcane
Patron

tabacila

Augur
So the Chaos Knights, Forsaken and Spawns are still just the regular ones colored blue. Most change I've seen was a symbol of Tzeentch on a shield. The ones on horses still ride basically ponies, not Chaos steeds.

For Khorne the Gorebeast Chariot is a red tinted copy of the WoC one. The warriors themselves are the reskinned Khorne ones, but the chariot itself is the same model from 2016. Even the fucking unit icon is the WoC one.
f9xy8y510ey71.png

At best a lot of this stuff is WIP...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It does say it's work in progress. Not that I'm defending them, like the title says it's going to be shit, but I suppose they have 4 months to finish up a few models.

baud

Arcane
Patron
It does say it's work in progress. Not that I'm defending them, like the title says it's going to be shit, but I suppose they have 4 months to finish up a few models.
I have a hard time believing they'll finish new models in the months they have left, especially since the game's been in development for years. Though at least one can hope they'll switch the icons to those of the relevant gods.

Or maybe they're keeping the god-specific chariots for DLCs?

kris

Arcane
LOL, Ogres are actually beating down the wall with their fists. Cathay confirmed building walls out of paper.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are we really surprised by this at this point? I would've liked for only siege equipment to be able to bash down gates and destroy walls, but I'm not going to get that.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If its not magic asspull ladders, grappling hooks or torches to burn down metal gates, it's punching bare rock.

Warscape can't do sieges justice. Simple as.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Warscape can do anything CA wants it to do. It’s not about engine. It’s about dumbification. Someone thought it’s a bad design to require siege machines to assault a fortified town. He or she also thought that allowing every unit to storm walls without any additional equipment is more fun.

The thing that I cannot grasp is why requiring a sieging party to spend a turn building a siege machine, if they already have assladders.

Parabalus

Arcane
LOL, Ogres are actually beating down the wall with their fists. Cathay confirmed building walls out of paper.
Are we really surprised by this at this point? I would've liked for only siege equipment to be able to bash down gates and destroy walls, but I'm not going to get that.

Why should monsters be inferior to crude siege engines?

Forts being garbage defenses makes sense given the setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom