Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water (now on PC)

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

Game's pretty good when it comes to the creeps. Builds up a decent amount of dread, clunky but it's a wet t-shirt contest with a horror game attached. You really can't complain. I'm having fun!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I heard that's a classic japanese PC port, most issues coming from unstable framerate and everything requiring stable 60FPS. No less, no more.

Sunri

Liturgist
They should remake Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly and then release it on pc not this shitty cash grab.

Duraframe300

Arcane
They should remake Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly and then release it on pc not this shitty cash grab.

A: Maiden of Black Water really isn't that bad. It's still a pretty decent game, even if it is lacking compared to the others.

B: Nah, first they should officially localize Tsukihami no Kamen.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Didn't the new version get censored?

No

It's a little more complicated than that.

- Original version on wii-u got censored in the west by removing two swimsuit costumes (and altering a flashback scene involving swimsuit). Instead the west got a princess zelda and samus costume.
- New version doesn't have zelda and samus (obviously, licensing) and hasn't restored the censored content either. Which makes no sense, because we're now getting swimsuits in the west via additional content.

So, nothing new was censored compared to the WII-U (losing the Samus and Zelda costumes has nothing to do with censorship), it just hasn't been restored either. The Japanese version is now censored too, I think.

So, you'd have to play the original japanese WII-U version to play the game uncensored. (And technically that's missing content too, with the Western Costumes and the remake ones)

Last edited:

NoSoup4you

Learned
I'll get it as soon as I finish my save file from FFIII like a decade ago. Great, great series.

SumDrunkGuy

Are the skimpy outfits excloosive to PC or are they on consoles as well? I might buy this to support the nudefication of females.

ADL

Prophet
Looks very good for a game originally released as a Wii exclusive. The dark aesthetic is probably hiding a lot of blemishes.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
These games are pretty creepy. Not sure about the new ones though. Swimsuits never really creeped me out.

SumDrunkGuy

These games are pretty creepy. Not sure about the new ones though. Swimsuits never really creeped me out.
Doesn't matter, swimsuits are an automatic plus. White Day comes with swimsuits and is part of the reason why that game is a masterpiece of survival horror. I wish the Tormented Souls devs added unlockable swimsuits.

SumDrunkGuy

Also why is this game so fucking expensive on consoles. $80 for the ps4 version and the switch version isn't much better at $64. What scammery is this? Not nearly as bad on steam but is still overpriced.

toughasnails

I don't know anything about this Wii one even though it already had a fan translation, but Maiden of Black Water's reputation seems to be "least horror, least challenge, by far most fan service".

I don't know why they aren't rereleasing the old PS2 ones given they are well loved and people have been asking for that. Unless there are some obscure legal reasons preventing them from doing that...

SumDrunkGuy

I don't know anything about this Wii one even though it already had a fan translation, but Maiden of Black Water's reputation seems to be "least horror, least challenge, by far most fan service".

I don't know why they aren't rereleasing the old PS2 ones given they are well loved and people have been asking for that. Unless there are some obscure legal reasons preventing them from doing that...
Be careful what you wish for. Look what happened to the Silent Hill rereleases.

Puukko

Arcane
This time it will include the swimsuits.

Currently emulating the original, hope they don't screw this port up. I'll write down some thoughts in the horror thread soon. It's an easy recommendation, but might be a good idea to play 2&3 first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom