Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams/posts/3354537

[ Boxes ]

Shipment of boxes just arrived for the backers getting those editions!

We'll be spray painting/sealing these, stenciling the mysterious syndicate faction of the quarrymen on the fronts:

daf3e343c06d4eee4d27ffaf0c587941_original.png

The bigger box will have wolffz bay logo:

049ed58bce78ff1ebef7b0acb92dd818_original.png

These were of limited supply being vintage and the last remaining, and didn't have the same kind for everyone, so we just got various versions we liked. We'll be stenciling your backer number on the journals, as there's a group getting those as well! Journal update soon as well, it's our best version yet, December will be a sewing month for us.

We'll be getting these all out to you as a belated christmas gifts, mostly as an excuse to wrap them in holiday paper. Just waiting on the final miniatures to arrive so those getting them can choose which one they'd like to choose. Once we get our goblin hands on those we'll send all the final surveys for your choice of mini and everyone's final address information and get these in the mail.

Hope all is well, more vital news coming this month, and we'll be sending a pigeon with information to help with a full game playthrough soon. Very happy with the way things have turned out, and we can't wait for you all to get your hands on the final product. Cyphers, jamming, volleys of gunfire and puzzles await, but most importantly the most cozy adventure of all in the blood drenched future and the temporary friends you make along the way.

If you have some work to not do and want to listen to joseph gab about the game, we were very kindly invited onto the indie pod podcast recently!

https://t.co/gF3mpmTSd3?amp=1

Cheers!

grimace

Arcane
I listened to this podcast in my web browser free without a spotify account.

https://open.spotify.com/show/7BfHEnyDMaNew0COSBlu1i

Indie Pod: An Indie Games Podcast

In this week's developer Interview, Josh sits down with Joseph Williams of Whalenought Studios, one of the developers working on Mecha Jammer. They talked about the tough choices that games of this genre face with "save scumming," the importance of providing options for players to choose their own path in games.

Here are some of my personal notes after listening:

The interviewer doesn't mention playing the game. He talks about a video he watched of gameplay.

The demos have not included story line elements to avoid spoilers. Anything resembling story in the demos have been 'red herrings'.

Joseph says the primary influence for Mechajammer is Fallout (original game).

Metal Gear games are mentioned as an influence for the tactics, stealth, and reconnaissance.

Saving in games is weird. Players don't think about save scumming in games like Diablo.

Mechajammer is not designed with permadeath in mind. You create a character and play thru emergent gameplay with the simulationist rule set. If you die your medbot restores you at your home base. It's like perma-life.

Combat is built in to the 1980s action movie experience. You cannot be a pacifist. Enemies will be crippled.

Player character does not level up and become super hero. Skills will improve as the player progresses.

SOON

Game is in the final stages of development.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Supposedly, and that's a big supposedly, they have hinted on twitter that a release isn't very far away. If that means, 5 weeks, 5 months, or 5 years, nobody knows.

Last edited:

grimace

Arcane
https://twitter.com/ModernWolfLtd/status/1458084734765051907

FDwnkRIX0BsdTQf

FDwnmroXIAU8FYd

FDwnvfRWUAkvBGP

FDwnkRIX0BsdTQf

So did they actually finish the game? Or just the physical peripherals are coming in before the game is finished?

Whalenought (game studio, garage band, small business) has a deal to publish their game Mechajammer (kickstarted as codename: Copper Dreams) with Modern Wolf LTD.

https://modernwolf.net/whalenought-studios/mechajammer

The release date is listed as 2021.

https://twitter.com/mechajammer/status/1458432752387301387

This weekend we will have some major reveals as part of the
@ModernWolfLtd
showcase off
@indieexchange
#MIXNext Eyes

We'll share times and links soon!

I don't know if embedded TWITTER is seen by everyone so I try and include the relevant information in plain text. Hope that helps.

https://www.mediaindieexchange.com/event/the-mix-next-2021/

THE MIX NEXT 2021
NOV 13, 2021 FROM 10:00 AM PACIFIC | 7 PM CET
ABOUT THE EVENT
Tune in for this digital games showcase revealing fresh announcements, trailers, gameplay, and more, bringing together some of the hottest developers and publishers around the world and find out what’s next in gaming for this fall and beyond!

10 am Pacific | 7 pm CET
MIX Next Showcase – new game reveals, announcements, gameplay and more, along with Black Voices in Gaming immediately following The MIX Next Showcase.

Channels
Twitch | YouTube

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom