Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's talk about Lacrymas' homebrew fantasy setting where paladins are eunuchs

Larianshill

Arbiter
In DnD they could easilly be stopped by divine casters, gods and other supernatural beings. DnD settings are wizard-dominated not because it cannot be avoided, but because the people who write them are nerds.
FoB3Gj0.jpeg

LOL.

I'm a dyehard magefag who always plays as a magic user and work out every single day(except in weekends), and am quite strong. I can "cock" my 175 lbf crossbow using my bare hands only, can accurately fire multiple shots of a .30-06 rifle in rapid succession, have no problem dealing with the recoil of a shotgun either. Can lift 100 kg in bench press and 500kg(about 1100 lb) in leg press 45º. My job is very nerdy too(I'm a developer).

Here is a video as proof of my Strength. Before Reinhardt mentions the "black guys", as he is the greatest african lover on Codex, I live in a white minority country. So most people in my gym are not white.

...but Victor, I posted this image 8 months ago. Why did you feel the need you must reply to it so defensively, to the point of posting a video of yourself in the gym?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Blah blah blah. You're just talk but no action. Everyone else who wanted to get a TTRPG going on the 'Dex has managed, including me who has no clout AND I ran a completely obscure ruleset AND an extremely unusual setting.
I'd love to play more on the Codex, but I can't because every time I say something people start making these sounds:

The reason completely eludes me.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I posted this image 8 months ago. Why did you feel the need you must reply to it so defensively, to the point of posting a video of yourself in the gym?

I din't saw your post earlier. Only read the first dozens of pages recently(yesterday while doing aerobic exercises - bike at the gym to be honest) The notion that people who like to play as magic users in RPG's are weaklings IRL is very wrong.

"Putting muscles on a magefag does not give him strength"

The question is what is strength? Thulsa Doom knows the answer.

'd love to play more on the Codex

Which programs do you use to make maps and basic stuff like that? I'm not a good DM. If I ever make a AS&SH game, I plan to start with the party as slaves in a gladiatorial Arena, something more simple to just start.

SoupNazi

Meredoth You don't need programs and fancy shit to run a game of TTRPGs, Victor. Especially if it's a oneshot then all you need is Discord and you can share your screen for maps and pictures of NPCs and whatnot. If you'd want to take it further afterwards then there's always Roll20 which is free or a plethora of other tabletop simulators that are usually paid software and work great. Plus there are hexcrawl generators, dungeon designers etc. but none of that is really necessary to run a game if you really want to run a game. All you need is players, a rulebook and you own will and imagination.

Fancy maps and graphics and whatnot are not a sign of a good DM, imgination and willingness to let players play and adjudicate are. You don't even need to prep for it there are plenty of existing adventures you can run out of the book.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nix, all his talk got him was a weight off his head.

LOL. A question. Do you hate "martial" casters too? Night King/White Walkers in Game of thrones are the most iconic example, they are quite powerful cryomancers and necromancers but they use mostly magical ice created weapons to fight, I honestly enjoyed a lot Dark Souls 3 Convergence mod as a Cryomancer. Leviathan Axe is my favorite weapon in that mod and one of the my favorite weapons. Loved the moveset, weapon art and everything. When I played Morrowind, I attempted to enchant a axe to be similar to it. I believe that is a GoW weapon(not sure)

Fancy maps and graphics and whatnot are not a sign of a good DM, imgination and willingness to let players play and adjudicate are. You don't even need to prep for it there are plenty of existing adventures you can run out of the book.

Thanks a lot. I will learn more about rolld20. TBH I was trying to get some people from Cheb Gonaz discord. But I will prepare more.

Would be interesting to see Larinshill there. He hates 2E. Lets see how he reacts to a retroclone very similar to 2E.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Funny but casters are masters of the strongest forces of unverse(weave/magic), capable of shaping reality.

Even in low magical settings like Game of Thrones, Night King can bring deadly Blizzards by his mere presence alone, raise hordes of undead enemies and reanimate dragons, craft magical ice weapons by manipulating the water in the molecular structure to create extremely strong ice, capable of cutting any armor. And in physical strength alone, he can throw a ice Javelin at 200m+, while even the strongest humans IRL can't even throw a spear at 100m.

And in high magical settings, we have Karsus, Elminster, Vecna...

Reinhardt

Arcane
Even in low magical settings like Game of Thrones, Night King can bring deadly Blizzards by his mere presence alone, raise hordes of undead enemies and reanimate dragons, craft magical ice weapons by manipulating the water in the molecular structure to create extremely strong ice, capable of cutting any armor. And in physical strength alone, he can throw a ice Javelin at 200m+, while even the strongest humans IRL can't even throw a spear at 100m.
:retarded:At least read the books, nigga, mentioning SLAY KWEEN shit in civilizedbarbarous discussion is just...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny but casters are masters of the strongest forces of unverse(weave/magic), capable of shaping reality.

Tl;dr casters got to cheat to win.

Cael

Arcane

Tl;dr casters got to cheat to win.
Mage: I got reality bending powers!!!!
Barbarian: And I have reality ending powers *axe to face*

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What's this setting used for? Homebrew games? Writing?
Both, hopefully. I've played a few games with different groups in this setting and I was thinking of writing a short story going through the canon of the at this time written tabletop adventures. I still have to set up the third major faction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom