Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Wunderbar

Arcane
A bunch of new pieces of concept art.

hQryamo.jpg

KA5VF7a.jpg

YuyvTzw.jpg

6qhptgk.jpg

P9Qc4lK.jpg

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Say what you want..
He Will lie to you...
He Will trick you...
Buy every single time you will wish for more.
That Is the handsome dilemma that Todd is

Last edited by a moderator:

jungl

Augur
all these cool concept arts but all Bethesda games had cool concept art. At the end of the day you know its going to be fighting bandits in desolate space outpost planet. Fighting bandits in space junkyard planet. Fighting bandits in mass effect citadel council planet and fighting bandits in cyber punk neon lights planet.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
only game that matters is STARFIELD
Based rusty eagerly waiting for a tranny game

stardf.png

stardf1.png

Very progressive of you, rusty

My argument is that I will not partake in your religious practices, and I will not purchase products that promote said religious practices. You can call your religious beliefs scientific all you want, but that does not make it true.

Yes, it does affect me. For the same reason I know you wouldn't purchase a game that required you to recite the Lord's Prayer before you could play.
Also, will you ask for a refund for Baldur's Gate 3 since it allows you to make male characters with female voices and vice-versa?
pronouns separate from biological sex is not the same as the game just putting all the voice choices in the same list
Oh no, rusty... I'm sad to hear you won't buy this game. Or are you going to finally say that pronouns separate from biological sex is not the same thing as pronouns separate from biological sex?

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
All of these concept art pieces look like either "generic sci-fi" or "image that reminds me of X game that already exists". We've yet to see something unique that will set the game apart in terms of artistic style and atmosphere.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Why would they fucking record for each pronoun, if everyone can just adress hero with 'you' or by name and avoid the issue altogether, while still cashing in woke points. Waste of money.

Edit: Wait, you would have to do that anyway for female and male heroes. Todd is a genius, he sold the existing feature as a new one.

samoilaaa

Educated
when a game points out stuff like this reminds me when cdpr pointed out that they have sex scenes and penis size slider , when a company is focusing/wasting resources on stuff like that instead of AI , gameplay , level design and story you know that it will be crap just like CP2077

todd did a Q&A on reddit + a long interview with ign and no word on improving what skyrim/fallout 4 did wrong

ADL

Prophet
The 10 minutes of music they gave us yesterday is pretty nice. Inon Zur is a competent composer and he fits Starfield nicely but I'd prefer the TESO composer takes over for TES6 since Jeremy Soule is "cancelled". Had a feeling even without those allegations he was fucked because of his behavior on Kickstarter.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I'm very cynical these days. I think they probably only started developing this thing a month or two ago and all that really exists is concept art. I think it's going to be an absolute dumpster fire on release on par with Fallout 76 and Cyberpunk. I also think Elderscrolls 6 is not in development and may never be. For whatever reason Bethesda don't seem motivated to develop games any more. They must make more money from other things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom