Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - GTA 3 trilogy remaster

Alphons

Cipher

0jyjKoj.png

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's really surreal to see this happening to GTA of all game series. Only 8 years ago they had a super-edgy torture mission in GTA V whose sole purpose must have been to cause controversy.

The removal of Confederate flags is especially spineless. In both instances, the flag belong to characters who are negatively presented as comical gun nuts (one accidentally blows his arm off when drunkenly testing explosives while the other one has a cannon in his house, pointed at the front window).

Alphons

Cipher
So the remasters run in 60 FPS, but they haven't changed the scripts and certain missions bug out without FPS cap.

In Copland for example, cutscene for bombing the cafe doesn't start and Tommy dies.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
It's really surreal to see this happening to GTA of all game series. Only 8 years ago they had a super-edgy torture mission in GTA V whose sole purpose must have been to cause controversy.

The removal of Confederate flags is especially spineless. In both instances, the flag belong to characters who are negatively presented as comical gun nuts (one accidentally blows his arm off when drunkenly testing explosives while the other one has a cannon in his house, pointed at the front window).

This,they went from some of the edgier games in the industry to something made by and for purple haired trannies

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
All the bugs and glitches from 20 years ago are still there. Speedrunners rejoice. What a cashgrab.

It's really interesting the drop in performance at when he spanwn the tank - every time he blows up something (link to about the 17:30 mark in the above video) the FPS drops significantly, without regard for whatever else is going on. At first I thought it was some kind of Bullet-Time feature added, but then I saw - nope, it appears to just be poorly optimized.

Riskbreaker

Apparently the ps5 can't maintain stable 60 fps in this. Amazing remaster

Given how much (or little) is enough to cause major framedrops, I wonder how low the framerate will drop in San Andreas with the sort of mayhem you can cause there.

But what I wonder about more is the PC version, given both the incompetence on display here and RS's checkered track record with their PC ports. I can't imagine that much effort went into PC version if this is how bad the "main" ones are.

ferratilis

Magister
I tried it on gamepass, and they have completely fucked up lighting during cutscenes, and sometimes even during normal play. It's just the old San Andreas with a new coat of paint, which is generally nice (60fps also feels good), but there are many parts where the new graphics clash with the style and tone of the old game. Some of these characters look gnarly in the new version. They also did something to the audio balance, some voices now sound more muffled than before, while comments from random pedestrians sound blown out. Very poor treatment of such a classic game. Make sure you pirate this guys, it doesn't deserve even 5 bucks. If not for game pass, I'd never touch it.

This shit looks hella dark, and I'm not talking about the skin color:
KyiFIsQ.png

ilMlhWF.png

ADL

Prophet
Why can't they just add one of those title cards WB and Disney have ahead of their racist cartoons? I'll compromise knowing that everyone outside that studio will roll their eyes at them taking this shit so seriously.
ddec9pu-1f404fa8-ac68-4df5-806f-00f4fad335de.jpg

These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now. Rather than remove this content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together.
At least that would allow these virtue signaling retards to remaster these games guilt-free. I don't find anything that was removed even remotely offensive but even if I did, removing them outright is not the solution to the "problem".

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
That's what Mafia 3 did. Even though the game itself was shit, they have handled that well by not leaving anything out. Rockstar decided to pussy out.

glu8t2dnx2qx.png

Decided to look up gtaforums to see if modders were already up to something. Obviously some were and the situation looks hopeful on that side. For example, most of the cut music seems to present in the files but disabled by default.

https://gtaforums.com/topic/977240-gta-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-modding/page/4/#comments

It's possible that Grove Street Games, the third party studio responsible for the development, may have cut the modders some slack on purpose. The game is a trash heap right now, but there might be something worth talking about in a few months.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom