Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Josh Sawyer's long-awaited historical RPG is called Pentiment, coming next year

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the man loves the middle ages and the man loves sex workers

now there's a game

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh boy, have I a bad feeling.

Can't wait to play a 'historical' middle ages rpg made by sjws.

I wouldn't be surprised if there will be some female/trans knights, evil templars/crusaders, noble Muslims and a good amount of homosexuality.

To top it of it will be filled to the brim with todays sjw moral 'values' which will be shoved down your throat while playing the game.

I'm willing to bet you that this game will not have women, non-Europeans or uncloseted LGBTQs in anachronistic roles. Sawyer is serious about his history and it overrides his politics.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
on what is arguably the best Fallout game; New Vega
What the fuck.

This one is really simple. Fallout 1 is the best Fallout game, as per the massive vote here: https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

Fallout 2 is the second best Fallout game.

There is a giant gap between the first two Fallouts and the so called "Fallout" New Vegas, which is even easy to see in the votes. It doesn't even come close to the heels.

"arguably the best". Get your mouth away from Josh's balls, you perverted idiot.

Hope that helps.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
This really made me mad. Psychopaths trying to blatantly rewrite history to push their personal agenda, with zero regards for the good of society in preserving historical facts. I told you he's a sociopath, he proves it yet again. He's the type of guy who destroy cultural heritage for personal tastes like ISIS did in Palmyra.

"Arguably the best"... I'd expect this wording from some rpshit outlet. It's a bad sign that this is now the level of the rpgcodex editorial policy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I told you he's a sociopath, he proves it yet again. He's the type of guy who destroy cultural heritage for personal tastes like ISIS did in Palmyra.

"Arguably the best"... I'd expect this wording from some rpshit outlet. It's a bad sign that this is now the level of the rpgcodex editorial policy.

You know I was quoting another dude, right?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I told you he's a sociopath, he proves it yet again. He's the type of guy who destroy cultural heritage for personal tastes like ISIS did in Palmyra.

You know I was quoting another dude, right?
How would I know -- it read like the kind of shilling that's typical to exactly you, also the nice personal touch of "one of my favs, poe".

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Well the Image looks ass, other than that I will just keep an open mind.

I am expecting decline anyways so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, who knows.

Glad

Literate
After Pillars of Eternity fiasco I have difficulties in believing something good can come out of anything they do.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Why is everybody and their mom trying some kind of obscure, experimental RPG when very few people get the traditional model right in the first place?

Maybe Sawyer will do better with something he's truly passionate about than attempting to just copy paste Baldur's Gate nostalgia. And hey at least they can't do loredumps when it takes place in a world we're already familiar with... right?

Quillon

Arcane
Maybe Sawyer will do better with something he's truly passionate about than attempting to just copy paste Baldur's Gate nostalgia.

Yet somehow this(sawya's elysium) is NOT the game(sawya's darklands) he's been talking about wanting to make it for years so we don't really know if he is truly passionate about it :P

Shin

Cipher
wowzie an experimental, text heavy Obsidian RPG! experimental twitter message from Josh in a few years:

"Dear public, let me address the room's elephant, concerning the negative sentiment about my latest project 'Pentiment'. I admit this game is akin to a pile of excrement but I assure you that my intent was not malevolent. It was foolish to think that tagging it "experimental" would be relevant in tampering the RPG codex' temperament. None of my games turn out to be excellent which sadly means I've become totally irrelevant. If only Chris was here to help out with development, I would not have to write down my testament :(." -Love, Josh

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
A genderqueer African-American is found stabbed in an alley, and the players take control of sassy transsexual detective who is tasked with bringing the perpetrators to justice. All the clues point to a bigger conspiracy led by a blonde villain wearing a red tie.. Oh and everybody is using swords so it's totally medieval and historical and not related to current events at all.

Alter Sack

Magister
Oh boy, have I a bad feeling.

Can't wait to play a 'historical' middle ages rpg made by sjws.

I wouldn't be surprised if there will be some female/trans knights, evil templars/crusaders, noble Muslims and a good amount of homosexuality.

To top it of it will be filled to the brim with todays sjw moral 'values' which will be shoved down your throat while playing the game.

I'm willing to bet you that this game will not have women, non-Europeans or uncloseted LGBTQs in anachronistic roles. Sawyer is serious about his history and it overrides his politics.

Yeah?

Then why does the first art asset depicting an european king suspiciously look like a negro/arab?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom