Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
The game starting going crazy, with animals companions not attacking or can't reach enemies (spaces are too tight), playing rtwp.
I've had the same problem and generally avoid animal companions because of it, or use one that stays small/medium like a leopard. There's an option to turn off path blocking for allies only in toybox which solves the issue, it's technically cheating but it's nice for parties with lots of melee.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's an option to turn off path blocking for allies only in toybox which solves the issue, it's technically cheating but it's nice for parties with lots of melee.
This is not "technically" cheating. This is one of the most obvious cheats in a single player game.

You put additional bodies on the battlefield so they can soak crits, damage, and distract enemies. Simultaneously, you make those same bodies immaterial for the needs of your party.

Now I am starting to understand how you have done 12 playthroughs in 1.5 months after the release. Please, continue to share; cheating is fascinating.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But the change that allows the rider to full attack after movement means that I'm never dismounting.
And charging works OK for you even in tight spaces?

Well, obviously charging in tight spaces is tricky. But sometimes still possible. At least I'm not loosing rounds anymore. Quite the opposite: movement + melee full attack is awesome action economy.
This is quite compelling. I think I will make my Good hero a rider - when it comes to that playthrough. Thanks for sharing!

And even in tight spaces, charging often works as combat opener.
The downside is that in enemy groups, priority targets are rarely in front...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Finished the game yesterday, made the azata ending and secret ending. I enjoyed more the Azata ending.

Now I started a new game with a Oracle Angel, but the game don't inform much, so I'm looking the guides of the InEffct. I'm playing in the core, so I'm following too the selah paladin guide. And drovier druid for Lann. Only these 3 are 3 animals companions.

The game starting going crazy, with animals companions not attacking or can't reach enemies (spaces are too tight), playing rtwp.

Now I'm thinking in respec everyone to get rid of it. Except Lann because reasons.

But here is a question, animal companion is really worth it? Make so much difference?

So many doubts, my azata arcane trickster was so easy to build.

Thanks for the help guys.

They can make quite a difference, but are by no means necessary. Currently I really love the fact that if you mount one, you can full attack after movement. And of course, largely ignore defenses on the rider.
But due to space constraints I rolled back my Lann's large triceratops to a medium raptor. If you're not gonna ride them, I guess medium sized is more practical.

In fact, small sized races could be nice for riders. I wouldn't pick Cavalier of the Paw, though. Loosing the Cavalier Order sounds bad. And personally I prefer Kitsunes due to Kitsune Pounce (which is now less important with the move+attack change - but still, Spirited Charge is sweet!).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Interesting. Would stack nicely with Master Shapeshifter Mythic Ability for +4 to Str, Dex and Con. But doesn't it only work with natural attacks? The description mentions "attack and damage rolls made with limbs"?

Yosharian

Arcane
Interesting. Would stack nicely with Master Shapeshifter Mythic Ability for +4 to Str, Dex and Con. But doesn't it only work with natural attacks? The description mentions "attack and damage rolls made with limbs"?
Nope lol. It just works if you are under a poly effect like DKIII or Kitsune human form.

This and the poly belt are the reason I'm using Nenio for my BFT gish instead of Arue.

Shroud of the Eternal Hunger (+4 Untyped* bonus to AB/DMG while under polymorph)
Lizard Tail (+3 Morale to AC while under polymorph, +8 Circumstance to AC first round)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
"enhancement bonus". Sounds like it shouldn't stack with weapon enchantments and Greater Magic Weapon. Oh well.

havox

Novice
Ambush on your camp while you're at the keep, OUCH! I was at disadvantage there since I killed Wenduag and Camelia.
K. reborn would have been completely unwinnable for my B-team, thankfully a funny bug spawned my lightning-immune MC on the far side of the map under AI control so all they had to do was run around like headless chickens getting stomped on until MC arrived on the scene to dab on everyone with red circle with auto-attacks to call it a technical victory - we sure showed him, only 4 of us died running around in panic.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
you use longspears for cavaliers?

I didn't, until I found this weapon.

KffvEBx.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Oversized is absolutely not worth a -2 penalty to AB.

Good thing then its compensated by the +2 Circumstance bonus to AB and Damage when mounted.

But personally I prefer weapons that crit a little more frequently, so given that's a late game weapon, I prefer others.

By the way, did Owlcat implement bonus Charge multiplier on Longspears (as replacement for lances)? I think this was mentioned somewhere, but not sure if actually implemented.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
People complained that in 4E you had to chase every little +1 AB/AC/DC bonus you could get, yet it's even worse here.

I thought people hated 4e because it was overly gamey with lots of fancy powers and enemies having "roles," and what not. A 3.5 player would never be bothered by stacking that stuff in 4e, although with the popularity of 5e I'm sure many people retroactively criticise 4e for that.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
People complained that in 4E you had to chase every little +1 AB/AC/DC bonus you could get, yet it's even worse here.

I thought people hated 4e because it was overly gamey with lots of fancy powers and enemies having "roles," and what not. A 3.5 player would never be bothered by stacking that stuff in 4e, although with the popularity of 5e I'm sure many people retroactively criticise 4e for that.

I mean, 4E obviously had more problems than just those but it was part of what made it so bad. By removing easy access to bonuses and at the same time increasing the average Time To Kill they created some horrible slog encounters, at least in the early iterations.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I mean, 4E obviously had more problems than just those but it was part of what made it so bad. By removing easy access to bonuses and at the same time increasing the average Time To Kill they created some horrible slog encounters, at least in the early iterations.
I don't have much experience with 4e but encounters are already such mind numbing slogs in 5e and pathfinder that i can't imagine playing 4e if it's even worse

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Start of chapter 2. Wiped all enemy groups near starting location except Demon army 7 (many of undead). No other paths left to progress. How to bypass them? I am missing something? Army strenght is 4 atm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom