Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Too bad the transmutation station requires you to own the DLC, which is never part of any expansion unlocks.
On the other hand, the whole gear race is meant for subscribers anyway, it's not that filthy casuals would even need more than sets dropping overland. A free trial was enough to get me all the briarheart I'll ever need.... for the next free trial when I can finally play last years "wood of color" expansion. :hahano:

While I acknowledge that Zenimax’s management is swimming in jacuzzis of shekels coming in from crown crates (alongside all the Skyrim re-releases - hey, another one coming in 2 days! :lol:), and I hate playing advocatus diaboli, but still.

I’d say that if you are unwilling to pay, for dozens of hours of content, the equivalent of a large pizza, yet care about it in one way or another; then 1) you got your priorities and energy management all wrong, or 2) if it’s a financial strain, then the last thing you should be doing is playing any video game.

Mk2JSHBOyhRl.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I’d say that if you are unwilling to pay, for dozens of hours of content, the equivalent of a large pizza, yet care about it in one way or another; then 1) you got your priorities and energy management all wrong, or 2) if it’s a financial strain, then the last thing you should be doing is playing any video game.
Depends on what you want from the game. The sub fees are reasonable and worth it if you are into raiding, PvP and all that. If you are a filthy casual like me who just wants to play the story, waiting for a discounted expansion pack is also okay-ish. I got the Skyrim one a while ago for like 20 bucks, giving me that and Elsewyre, giving me good value.
If a hardcore player has to buy 1 DLC, it's still okay. If you would need to have EVERY DLC to compete, that would be a problem tho.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The Hardcore Player
I met one of those a few month back when I played FO76 except he was, gasp, competent!
When I joined an open group to punch some RadTodds, he announced he would do silos now. He then did all three Silos solo, quickly, so the server could do 3 SBQs in a row. All the while you could hear his kids playing some other game in the background, until his wife came and nicely shoved them to bed. It felt so surreal and out if place in an MMO.
I hope the guy was a streamer, so he got at least some shekelz for being such a bro. :salute:

It was so nice to get someone like him instead of the usual cesspool of cheaters and ADS kids. Sad.

Eh, a lot of "hardcore" players are playing without ESO+, since you can buy crowns for gold, i.e. pay people who will Gift you a specific crown store item. (Though, the prices are insane nowadays).

The raid leader I know, pushing stuff like vAS+2, apparently doesn't even have most DLCs. It seems he just grinded must haves like Elemental Catalyst and Crimson Oath from free trials.
You just have to have a chapter for a trial, though Blackwood was on sale I think 3 times already. Including just now a month ago for -50%.

And then, just by logging in and doing a 5min task during the event, you got the Deadlands DLC for free. (and other stuff like crafting stations and a target dummy)

Too bad the transmutation station requires you to own the DLC, which is never part of any expansion unlocks.

No, you can just buy it with writ vouchers as a furnishing. Or just throw a stone and you'll hit someone who has it in even the most modest housing.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I don't see why people play New World when it is a shittier ESO.

ADL

Prophet
There's two things I'll applaud New World for.
1.) no animation cancelling bullshit
2.) the majority of the PvE content is challenging
If you turn your brain off in that game you will die very similar to Souls games no matter what level you are, it's always dangerous outside of the outposts. Everything else is worse though.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I don't mind animation cancels, I only dislike that you can "hide" things during them and perform all sorts of crazy damage output in the window because you can't see what is going on during the cancel. If they found a way to fix that I don't think it'd be as bad. I'm talking from a PVP standpoint mind you.

If the alternatives are ability queuing or some shit like long GCDs, I'll take animation cancels.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dunno why but I find New World really relaxing and it's world, mood reminds me of Gothic 1-2 and Risen. I just like to stroll in wilderness in NW and enjoy the silence. (till swarmed by near-insta respawning mobs...)

I think the most offensive thing about New World is how gut-churningly generic and soulless this cookie cutter safe Amazon corporate product is. Shitty Chinese cow clickers have more soul and originality than that.

Humanophage

Arcane
I feel deeply excluded by this. Where is the Battlegrounds PvPer? There were entire guilds based on that. It is very fun, except for the inane queues. I suppose the Craglorn dueller is the closest thing. Looks like the image was made by one of the raiding bores.

My hierarchy of activities was as follows:
1. Battlegrounds PvP
2. Imperial City PvP (no CP)
3. Trading

Gerrard

Arcane
I can definitely see Bethesda's influence in Blackwood's story, the characters involved all act like they are mentally handicapped.

Xelocix

Learned
there is racism

The Dunmer, Nords, and Argonians are all in the same faction and you're unironically saying that there's racism in the game lol. Every faction is retarded anti-racist "lets all be friends for the greater good!" cringe that makes 0 fucking sense conceptually from the get-go.

and especially kirkbride

No there isn't.

the game even references c0da as canon

The entire game is one big c0da because the writing is fanfiction-tier at best.

ADL

Prophet
New chapter revealed on January 27th 2022 will be "something no one expects"
"Across a vast sea awaits 2022's newest adventure for The Elder Scrolls Online," ZeniMax says of this year's update. "The coming year will satisfy a desire of Elder Scrolls fans everywhere by introducing a never-before-seen world and a tale that has yet to be told."

Caim

Arcane
Will probably be High Rock, possibly the island of Betony off the coast of Daggerfall. According to the lore it's got history with pirates.

tumblr_pnjqnwB6Kk1sebltro1_1280.jpg

Caim

Arcane
So it's gonna be on the Systres. It's the three islands on the right of the compass rose. Bit out of the way.

RG-map-West_Tamriel-1024x768.png

The islands are also seen in one of the loading screens in Redguard, which might be why you can win a black guy in the giveaway:

RG-load-Brennan.jpg

ADL

Prophet
Big feature for 2022 is a fucking trading card game and more companions to make a game so easy you could fall asleep playing it even easier. Meanwhile PvP is broken, there's still no spears, spellcrafting, 1H+Rune, justice system PvP, sacraments and heists were abandoned the moment those DLCs released and there's a bunch of half-baked content all over the place.

The community isn't happy.
oZ6cUh1.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom