Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dafuq is this?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
You're right, indeed.
Well, I usually don't use it, what can I say. I didn't remember. It was sarcasm in that context, but there you go. Just edited it out.
Were there more instances like this?
What's the fuck. It's a top cuckery. I thought better about you.

Trithne

Erudite
FFS what kind of COINTELPRO bullshit is this. So the word fillter lets you say nigger now only so you can get reporter and get an alert? WTF man...?

Entrapment is wrong, ask this nigga here:

More to the point, I can't imagine it distinguishes between it being in your post or it being in quoted text in your post.

Tell us The Words, DU
star_control_kohr_ah_ur_quan_by_dczanik-d2z6mty.jpg

shywn

Savant
I gots the alert too and I'm pretty sure I haven't used naughty words on the codex ever.

I mean, my Angie letsplay has a few naughty words in it but that doesn't count since most of those words were already censored.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Darkunderlord in the shoutbox: If you got that alert, it means a post you've made contains one of the test words.
But, that was a typo I was talking about country named Niger and how can I know which words in English are doubling g? At least it was obvious I was talking about new variant of virus that emerged in Africa in Niger area. (or Nigeria)

Next time you'd get into trouble when you'd cite words of victim of black attacker: "That nigger assaulted and robed me in daylight."

Alert settings are weird.

Riskbreaker

All who received one of these were thus alerted that they are about to receive an expensive gift from DU. DU is here engaged in gratuitous expenditure akin to that Potlatch practiced by some tribal chiefs whereby they, thru the display of their willingness to dispense with their wealth or even destroy the same, display their sovereignity, their excess vitality, their virility.
They, and thus DU with them, are akin to Sun who burns away and expends his vitality, expecting no return, the act of excess being its own value.

Now send me the shiny. Gimme!

Alphons

Cipher
It's a Codex alert system.

If you got the "Never gonna give you up", it means that FBI is currently investigating you.

Examples of other alerts:
  • "Thriller"- zombie apocalypse
  • "Video killed the radio star"- one of your compromising videos was leaked
  • "Out of touch"- Russian/ Albanian mobsters tracked down your IP adress and are going to break your hands
  • "Touch me"- someone saw what you did with that body you found near the trainyard

Last edited:

Ladonna

Arcane
I'm curious what words are on this "test" filter (if it isn't just DU trolling).

I don't think I've ever used a slur on the codex, unless things like 'newfag' count.
It's a test. Sometimes, for testing purposes, you need to broaden the parameters to see if the system can handle it.

Oh. I thought it was you telling us you were "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down"

just

Liturgist
good that stress test was done without using racial slurs otherwise forum would be down for the weekend

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom