Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Gerrard

Arcane
Hopefully it nails down GGG's coffin too.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
played more characters than usual. This league evasion >> ES
Even in ssf its easy to maintain 80-90% dodge chance until red maps. Slap ghost dance and you can get extra 1-1.5k ES with minimal investment . I was out of ghost charges only in demon realm

tritosine2k

Erudite
Cannot sell : mana small cluster with T1 mod, 26% max mana +46mana/2 skill points. Mana stackers likely dead. Minus cost is all the rage (ape).
Composure small cluster T1-2 energy shield.(wow)
GGG went overboard with cast speed nerf quite likely, Pledge of hands as atziri drop amounts to trolling lol (spell echo without cast speed rofl, +according to ninja site some ball lightning players cannot even figure out alternate gems come with cast speed or unleash breaking echo)

I have to use cold small cluster for alchemist passive 8% cast and bought unnatural instinct cards for first time ever too. (+9%, and might of the meek used to be good enough). Learning to level casters with minions pays off.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
one thing I had issues with on my poisonus flasker, was dealing with bosses without goons around. Im a pathfinder. I have a nice life flask with nearly 5k life recovery, but using it in battle is nearly impossible - it takes forever to refill life.
I scout other people builds and I cant really spot how they deal with it. People just reach to 100 without being hit?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I also had that problem with my PC PF. Even though I was passively restoring the charges I could not go ham out if I had to also restore health. First I picked up a hallowed hybrid flask, since I also needed a oh-shit-out-of-mana button in addition to leech, but a dedicated mana flask was way too much since I had about 100 mana pool left after reservation. The restoration was enough tbh for most situations and I could leave the big ass life flask for the really bad shit. In the end I also just picked up Field Medicine, which gives you flask charges for hitting enemies. After those there weren't any big problems with sustaining. I was also running armour instead of evasion (with ofc 100% spell suppression as well), for more consistent incoming damage.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
actually my issue is that when fighting bosses, suddenly 60-70% hp can be gone. Its not about lack of charges on flask but rather how slow my flask is to regain that.
Hybrid flask is nice idea, but still would be slow...

Maybe I should spam some regrets and prioritize life recovery flom flasks on the tree? Not something I was picking up...

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah, I misread a bit then. I guess you could always add an instant recovery flask at the expense of a utility one. In the end I was running Basalt, Sulphur and Silver flasks and I think I could've lived without the Silver one in the end.

With ~5.8k life, ~40k armor fully buffed, 100% Spell Suppress, slightly overcapped resists and ~30% block I was not having too much trouble with getting chunked so badly I could not deal with it, most of the time.

I managed to do my first ever Sirus kill yesterday as well (A0, but for me in SSF it was pretty exciting) and I think I even tanked part of a Die!-beam in phase 3.

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
actually my issue is that when fighting bosses, suddenly 60-70% hp can be gone. Its not about lack of charges on flask but rather how slow my flask is to regain that.
Hybrid flask is nice idea, but still would be slow...

Maybe I should spam some regrets and prioritize life recovery flom flasks on the tree? Not something I was picking up...

Run Determination and Vaal Molten Shell to mitigate big spikes.
and/or
Run high Chaos Resist and Forbidden Taste(with the "Used when you take a Savage Hit" enchant).
and/or
Use the Master Surgeon Ascendancy.
and/or
Don't get hit by the telegraphed attacks of bosses.

People who reach 100 will often just skip map bosses or only do easy ones or dismantle their character once they reach 100 or change the setup to a more aggressive one.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Did my first Melvin of the league. Was pissing my panties, because it was so difficult last league on the trapper. But holy shit, spell suppression is so overpowered against her and the new Essence of Zeal is so much damage on a belt for Seismic Trap. You can even put the throw speed bench craft on the belt as well. Also the poison version was a big jebait. Crit is much much better against Maven and Sirus.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
poggers isn't even a poe term. you're seeing ghosts. most people don't engage with the community at large and will only interact with either their guild/friends or their favourite streamer and chat. I had to switch guilds twice. Not because they didn't conform to my own opinion, but because one was dead and the other couldn't stop spamming gchat with non-poe discussion about shit like work, family and how women have it hard in the patriarchy. The guild I am in now has an influx of new members every league start and represents a broad spectrum of tastes and opinions. So much so, that the discussion sometimes devolves into parties calling each-other "redditors" for opposing views.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Until the 3.16 reworks there wasn't much of a benefit to being in a guild with other people and consequently I did not care about it much. The guild stash was far too impractical to use for anything and if you want to chat with other people you don't need to be in a guild to do that. 3.16 has changed that to some extent since if you are mapping in an organized group the guild stash can now be used practically as a shared storage, but prior to this update clicking items in and out was far too much of a hassle.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
After the novelty wears of nobody will play the poe2 campaign anyway, much butthurt will ensue.

Everyone will play whichever campaign is faster, which means GGG will keep "rebalancing" campaigns so that the one with the most new league content is "better".

It may have changed, but it sounded as though each campaign had a different set of characters and ascendancies. So it's more likely to be a choice dependent on what build you're gonna play.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
After the novelty wears of nobody will play the poe2 campaign anyway, much butthurt will ensue.

Everyone will play whichever campaign is faster, which means GGG will keep "rebalancing" campaigns so that the one with the most new league content is "better".

The 30 minutes you're gonna shave off by doing the old campaign will only be something for the sweatiest of nerds and the rest is gonna play the new one. It's main function is to attract new players and returning vets into the end-game where the real game is anyway.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
If it's still 10 acts to reach maps I'm going to die inside. I don't know why they aren't reducing the current campaign down to 5 acts if you've already completed it once. Especially when the two halves are so similar.

T. Reich

Arcane
The 30 minutes you're gonna shave off by doing the old campaign will only be something for the sweatiest of nerds and the rest is gonna play the new one. It's main function is to attract new players and returning vets into the end-game where the real game is anyway.
Sure, the sweatiest of nerds who also happen to be the most competitive part of the playerbase and are also streaming their opinions to the rest of the playerbase.
The moment they determine which campaign is more "efficient", the rest of the players will follow with no thought.

It may have changed, but it sounded as though each campaign had a different set of characters and ascendancies. So it's more likely to be a choice dependent on what build you're gonna play.
Now that you say it, I vaguely remember something like that from the annoncement. That was ages ago, of course, the concept might've been changed. But if that's stiill going to be the case, then the campaign choice will be driven purely by the ascendancy choice.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If it's still 10 acts to reach maps I'm going to die inside. I don't know why they aren't reducing the current campaign down to 5 acts if you've already completed it once. Especially when the two halves are so similar.
The new campaign is gonna be 6 acts iirc. But since both campaigns will have you get the same amount of xp, odds are they'll take about as long to complete.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom