Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wasn't this the plot of a Star Trek movie? It made about as much sense there as it does now...

I do not know since I’ve only seen Wrath of Khan. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

tritosine2k

Erudite
can't really hate the guy.
I don't know the whole catalogue of lies but one thing I dislike about him is that he keeps saying that technology keeps him from making incredible games.
Like that to me is infuriating. Back in the days, developers manager to create what we consider today classics, without complaining about the level of technology, just being passionate about gaming and being talented on top of it and of course having a vision about what they were making. Technology is much better than it was back then, it's the only thing that improves in this industry.
And this dude comes along saying stupid stuff like this.
Like, every game you make depends on the good will of an army of modders ready to fix the backwards shit you put out. Without them, your games barely run let alone be enjoyable. He acts as if every game he made was a classic or some such. He creates frames not games, spaces in which gamers and modders make their own experience.
Not to mention how he hyped Skyrim up before launch similar to how CP2077 was hyped, creating the impression that it was going to be the best game ever.
Guy's a salesman and a very good one at that. Dangerously so

Unfortunately he's on point about that, except he keeps crossing over into unbridled optimism when it comes to not selling short.
I correspond with GFX programmer daily and can tell you UE5 made and will make quite a splash especially because of the stuff Todd keeps mentioning (clarity, complexity).

Oh thank god, pronouns are in.

I realize a thing like that takes zero dev time, and so there's no reason anything else has to suffer for it, but I wish clown world didn't have to keep intruding into entertainment.

Honestly it'll probably be 80 hours of fun, and then 500 more hours of playing around with mods, so whatever.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Oh thank god, pronouns are in.

I realize a thing like that takes zero dev time, and so there's no reason anything else has to suffer for it, but I wish clown world didn't have to keep intruding into entertainment.

Honestly it'll probably be 80 hours of fun, and then 500 more hours of playing around with mods, so whatever.

I'm looking forward to the Warhammer 40k full conversion mods the most.

Peachcurl

Cipher
5YZx8Sr.gif

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I just hope the game has full voice acting, and a nice dialogue wheel with a funny choice, an evil choice, and a good choice. I love the way dialogue wheels encourage roleplaying and multiple playthroughs :)

I just hope the game has full voice acting, and a nice dialogue wheel with a funny choice, an evil choice, and a good choice. I love the way dialogue wheels encourage roleplaying and multiple playthroughs :)
I too enjoy that. I like when all my roleplaying options are conveniently set up to all lead to the exact same outcome as well. It's just like in real life when some asshole asks me for a favor, I can say "Yes of course!" or "Yes, but look how snarky I am!" or "NO! Haha, gotcha, yes of course I'll do your stupid thing"

I would appreciate it if they could expand it to 8 ways of saying yes, but technological limitations and all that....

FriendlyMerchant

Not gonna buy it Todd. Fallout 4 was absolute dogshit. Skyrim was at best mediocre but tolerable for an Action-Adventure game. Oblivion was a broken mess of a blatant downgrade from Morrowind. Bethesda stopped making good games about the time Tribunal came out.

This game is DEAD for me. If game has pozzed pronouns = DEAD
It's certainly a red flag. But, if it's as enjoyable as fallout 4 and/or skyrim, but in space, I'm sure I'll get much enjoyment out of it. I'll gripe about all the things that could have been better, of course, but I'm expecting a solid 7/10.

I never played fallout 76 so I'm probably being optimistic.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Not gonna buy it Todd. Fallout 4 was absolute dogshit. Skyrim was at best mediocre but tolerable for an Action-Adventure game. Oblivion was a broken mess of a blatant downgrade from Morrowind. Bethesda stopped making good games about the time Tribunal came out.

On the contrary: Bethesda began making good games with Fallout 3. Everything prior was garbage. Skyrim and Fallout 4 are unsurpassed in terms of non-storyfag CRPGs to this day.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Join Game Director Todd Howard, Studio Director Angela Browder and Art Director Matt Carofano as they discuss how Bethesda Game Studios’ ambitions, passions and history have shaped the studio and how they are looking to the future with Starfield. Keep an eye out in the coming months for more episodes of ‘Into the Starfield.’

ADL

Prophet
I can't wait to be disappointed by the concept art versus gameplay reveal.
At least the color grading from the leaks looks nice and crisp. Skyrim's certainly didn't do it any favors.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom