Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum portraits sources

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Since everyone likes Arcanum portraits I think it would be interesting to find the sources of these portraits. Here's first:

GNM3_b.png

Ambrose_Burnside2.jpg

General Burnside

Post more if you know any

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Since everyone likes Arcanum portraits I think it would be interesting to find the sources of these portraits. Here's first:

GNM3_b.png

Ambrose_Burnside2.jpg

General Burnside
Imagine being one of his staff, and always be afraid that you'll slip and call him General Sideburn.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
just made a few via AI.. need to read up about how to write that file to add them to the game + convert to crappy 256 color BMP
What did you use to generate those? Some look like babyfaces but some are alright

mkultra

Augur
just made a few via AI.. need to read up about how to write that file to add them to the game + convert to crappy 256 color BMP
What did you use to generate those? Some look like babyfaces but some are alright
stable diffusion. yeah need to sort out some bad ones, did it really quickly
i made around 1000 for baldur's gate and pathfinder, it has higher priority :P

if i get the time i can train an AI with the older portraits perhaps, make them look more in that style.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
the orcish question does not parallel the jewish question, it parallels the german question.
image is made by a person who has a basic grasp of modern history
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_question

Obviously
I was being serious, I went over this before. Read the contents of the book, it has nothing to do with the jewish question.
in part, this was my error for not checking the Wikipedia link which has changed since I last linked to it. It's a reference to the post-WW2 German question, that is, the industrialization of Germany.
The half-orcs are germans, "the orcish question" isn't referring to "the jewish question" -- which I've seen claimed many times. The only similarity is the title itself, and there are many such titled "questions" throughout history, the content is completely different. It's referring to the post-ww2 german question of whether germany's industry should be revived and what threat it would pose to europe, which directly relates to the content of "the orcish question"
if your counterargument is "that's not victorian!", ahem, well...
QDX8WDY.png

I'm not sure how much more on the nose it can get than that.

I suggest reading the text yourself and seeing what conclusions you come to:
https://arcanum.fandom.com/wiki/The_Orcish_Question

Why would "the orcish question" be a parallel to "the jewish question" when the orcs aren't the parallel to the jews to begin with?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom