Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - GTA 3 trilogy remaster

Curratum

A friend told me this was originally intended to release as a "remaster" on mobile devices, but since it was running on UE4 anyway, they decided to release it on PC too.

Not sure if true, someone less lazy can fact-check it. Still, absolutely hilarious thread! :D

So, the legends are true! :D

ferratilis

Magister
The party never stops.

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-new...en-down-by-dmca-strikes-from-take-two-3094968
‘GTA 4’ mod and save file taken down by DMCA strikes from Take-Two

A GTA 4 remaster could be in the works

GTA-4-Rockstar-Games@2000x1270-696x442.jpg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't get why anyone would buy this shit. The gameplay in the originals wasn't very good to begin with, the main thing they have going for them is variety, edgy humour (neutered by current year), and driving around to a banging soundtrack - especially in Vice City (removed due to licensing fees even though that's literally one of the biggest selling points of the fucking thing).

I'm actually irritated by the stories that they've patched out music even from the originals. It removes any reason I'd have to go back and replay them. Vice City was the best GTA because you could cruise around listening to 80s radio and dumb jokes.

:mob:

lycanwarrior

Scholar

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And they went ahead and threatened the vastly superior GTA 3 reverse engineering project out of existence :lol:
And removed the original trilogy from Steam :lol: :lol:

Who says Rockstar can't do funny anymore!

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't get why anyone would buy this shit. The gameplay in the originals wasn't very good to begin with, the main thing they have going for them is variety, edgy humour (neutered by current year), and driving around to a banging soundtrack - especially in Vice City (removed due to licensing fees even though that's literally one of the biggest selling points of the fucking thing).

I'm actually irritated by the stories that they've patched out music even from the originals. It removes any reason I'd have to go back and replay them. Vice City was the best GTA because you could cruise around listening to 80s radio and dumb jokes.

:mob:

The Steam version of VC appears to have the complete soundtrack and seems to be overall ok in general:

(I checked for myself just a few minutes ago and I get the Micheal Jackson song in the beginning that was supposedly cut among others).

Now the Steam version of San Andreas needs some fixing by downgrading it to an earlier version to restore, among other things, 17 cut songs.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Why even waste time fixing this mess?
Because people who mod Rockstar games are the modding equivalent of cuckolds, similar to making fangames for Nintendo franchises. They fix the games while Rockstar DMCAs the fuck out of them and they keep coming back for more to clean up after the bull.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Because people who mod Rockstar games are the modding equivalent of cuckolds, similar to making fangames for Nintendo franchises. They fix the games while Rockstar DMCAs the fuck out of them and they keep coming back for more to clean up after the bull.

I keep saying it: Modders are scum.

Nowhere else do customers willingly and eagerly fix the mistakes of the seller.

Riskbreaker

You can't actually force people not to try, especially since they've paid for the thing, but I think it would've sent a nice message if there was some sort of consensus within GTA's modding community never to touch this thing. They aren't wanted so hey, let's see what happens without them. Sorta like Atlas Shrugged: Modder Edition (Autist Shrugged?).

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik

Terra

Cipher
They should probably change the name of that project to something other than Definitive Edition before Take2 sees it and has another hold my beer moment.

Jigby

Augur
And they went ahead and threatened the vastly superior GTA 3 reverse engineering project out of existence :lol:
And removed the original trilogy from Steam :lol: :lol:

Who says Rockstar can't do funny anymore!
The reversed project also had working LCS port in the pipeline (playable, but still needed bugfixing). And already some mods like this

lol, the water in it looks better than in the definitve remastered version :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom