Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[VTM] Thin Bloods are stupid

Delterius

Arcane
how do thin bloods figure into the new vampire battle royale mutually assured blood hunt game

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Here, found your problem bro!

Was reading parts of the VTM V5 book the other day

You got the wrong book. Play the real deal:

vtm1e.jpg

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
The DM is called a "Storyteller".

Yes... and in Call of Cthulhu is the " Keeper of Arcane Lore" which is even cringier but I still like it.

It's not about humor tho and I do get it, I'm not arguing this for realz. Still, equating any form of proper pnp to (May God forgive me for even thinking about writing down this word) LARP (*spits*) awakens a fit of righteous rage in my blood.

Nothing personnel.

mondblut

Arcane
it's an SJW's wet dream.

That's your answer right there. The game that used to be about surviving as a pawn in a millenial chess game have turned into "powah to the people, tonight we r10t!!111" fantasy with anarchs being a role model and "conservative" Camarilla a villain.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Speaking of which, they missed a great opportunity by not naming their "new edition" Vampire: Occupy Masquerade.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
leaving them with nothing fun to play

I could take a pic at my shelves full of 1st and 2nd edition White-Wolf stuff. Or to my complete Dark Sun setting. I'm lazy tho... The tl:dr is I'm not going to run out of rayciss and PrObLemAtiC stuff to play with anytime soon, I suppose you will grant me the benefit of doubt since I rarely shut up about the whole thing.

People should also look more into Call of Cthulhu, from the based perspective. The woke crowd attempted cancelling Sandy Petersen* multiple times but Chaosium never went beyond some mandatory lip service (I admit I hate the blurb about HPL racism but it's a minor thing, all things considered) and CoC 7ed is the BEST edition ever.
Of all the auld school pnp systems, that and Mangoose's Traveller were the only one to provide an updated set of rules that's actually incline, when compared to older editions. Oh, and Cyberpunk Red. Although Cyberpunk had a shitty system to begin with.

*modern RPGs in general owe to the man much more than it's usually given. My love for Gygax is pure and pristine but what the man envisioned was ultimately Hero Quest. Chaosium added in the idea to play enemy NPCs like characters and TSR followed suit with Strahd von Zarovich in Ravenloft.

Vatnik Wumao
how do thin bloods figure into the new vampire battle royale mutually assured blood hunt game

They can evade scrutiny from the second inquisition by actually doing human stuff like walking in daylight and eating food. That's a fair advantage in the new setting when vampires are under siege by humans.

0wca

Learned
Thin bloods were the soyboys of vampires and were treated as such. Then the RL Twilight soyboys took over the franchise and tried turning the most pussified faction into something cool. Can't get blood from a stone, as they say.

However, I think thinbloods are great as NPCs for the reason stated above and as a great sign of the end times.

Playing as one however is like trying to play basketball with both hands tied behind your back. But hey, at least they gave us cheat codes for the game, now thinbloods are fun, right?

Wrong.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Why are there no thickbloods?

There are. Or rather, were. The below happened:

Because Thickbloods OP, plz nerf.

"Thick blood" has often been used to describe the vitae of low-Generation Cainites, vampires not far removed from Caine. They are gone, and, funnily enough, middle-Generation Cainites are mostly gone too, despite being closer to the default Player Characters than to the Biblical progenitor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom