Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Reinhardt

Arcane
btw deleting posts is GAY

Reinhardt

Arcane
4 bars is enough. I don't play casters so even in epics there is enough slots for all my needs. Maybe after i will get few more epic past lives i will need more space for toggles.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Oh okay. I felt like I was missing something while catching up on the thread. Missing post got it.

My setup of bars is kind of weird. I have a bunch of hotbars but don't use all of them since I'm not playing a caster or anything. Works for me.

Sykar

Arcane
Got a wizard (12), sorcereress (7) and a rogue (6) atm though I am playing very casually. Overall I enjoy them all relatively equally though wizard is a slight notch more than the other two. Then again cloak and wand were always my favorites in fantasy RPGs of any kind. :)

Reinhardt

Arcane
glad to see some things never change.

BS7LSWw.jpg

lags and 1s are my average daily experience with ddo

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Going through 1st part Splinterskull many times is just sad recycling.
I like that I lure that spider boss out to destroy its eggs.

I got the Deathward clicky, not sure how useful it is with enemy dispel magic.

Last edited:
Does enemy have spell criticals?
I don't know about DDO specifically but in 3rd edition spells can only crit (And sneak attack) if they require a roll to hit like touch spells and ranged touch attack spells. That's just a normal spell so it shouldn't be able to crit unless something fucky's going on. I would say the safest bet is elite was the cause of it, increasing difficulty probably just increases numbers beyond their usual range so the listed damage on the wiki might be for normal and it gets jacked up the higher difficulty you go.

Edit: Oh, wait. That does seem correct. 5D4+20 would be max 40 damage (Not guaranteed because maximize works differently in DDO) but enhance and maximize increase generic spell power by 75% and 150% respectively, so 40+225% would be 130. Could go even higher based on the caster's natural spell power bonuses since that's a unique mechanic of DDO compared to pen and paper, and that's something that absolutely WOULD increase with difficulty. So the spell itself is likely still functioning just as the wiki describes but the metamagic feats are a little different and then spell power would be under the hood and impossible to see for an enemy but that could be bumping it even higher.

Edit again: Rather, increasing generic spell power by 75 and 150. It's just that every point of applicable spell power is another 1% increase in damage. And I think generic spell power stacks with specific typed spell power but I'm not positive on that.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I tried out VIP and jump up to reaper for some new quests skipping all the lower difficulties to save time.
I also farmed Book of Spirits to help bonk reapers https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Book_of_Spirits
Not sure DDO is better than LOTRO, some things better some are worse.

edit: turns out I don't need book of spirits as a Rogue/Pally if I get a Pally enhancement later.

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So I tried out VIP and jump up to reaper for some new quests skipping all the lower difficulties to save time.
I also farmed Book of Spirits to help bonk reapers https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Book_of_Spirits
Not sure DDO is better than LOTRO, some things better some are worse.

I would personally recommend avoiding reaper unless you are in a group on your first life. You run into tier 3 monster champions on that difficulty and plague reapers will destroy you in just a couple hits. Because reaper spawns are a random chance it is very easy for you to get curbstomped on an unlucky amount of spawns. Trust me it gets really frustrating and not worth it.

If you do the quests at your CR on elite however, you can slowly build up mysterious remnants. You can trade those in for some good stuff.

Also this video is a great guide to champions and how dangerous the different kinds are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom