Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Days in Fallujah - now available on Early Access

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
How many times has Rami denounced when 80 fucking kids got shredded by a bomb? He wants to make this be about Americans against "Arabs" and "Muslims". How many times has he made a peep about Shi'a civilians getting killed by Sunnis? Maybe I'm some kind of weirdo but for me, I just want kids to have a chance. And I care a hell of a lot more about the kids that his side killed than the imaginary kids who never died.

Its the bigotry of low expectations kind of thing, I guess. Same as all the SJWs who get extremely worked up whenever some nigga dies during a police action under unclear circumstances (which is pretty rare), but they don’t give a fuck when the same niggas get gunned down by hundreds by other niggas every year in cities like Chicago. What would you expect them to do, right?

The other thing is that these people don’t care about the supposed victims at all, but simply look for any possible angle of attack on the object of their hatred, be it the police, USA or whatever it happens to be at the time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.sixdays.com/news/2022

Victura and Highwire Games today announced plans to nearly double the size of the team developing Six Days in Fallujah and delay release of the game until Q4-2022.

61947ec16d803080e3da4158_SDIF_Stack1%20w%20Logo.jpg

“It became clear that recreating these true stories at a high quality was going to require more people, capital, and time than we had,” according to Victura CEO Peter Tamte. “Doubling our team is just one of many things we’re doing to make sure Six Days in Fallujah brings new kinds of tactical and emotional depth to military shooters.”

Conceived by a Marine who was badly wounded during the battle, and developed with help from more than 100 Marines, Soldiers, and Iraqi civilians, Six Days in Fallujah mixes documentary with gameplay to recreate true stories from the 2004 Second Battle for Fallujah. The game aims to give players a deeper understanding of urban warfare through the stories and struggles of both service-members and civilians. Six Days in Fallujah is being developed for Victura by Highwire Games, which is led by many of the people who co-invented the original Halo and Destiny games.

Six Days in Fallujah is now scheduled to release for PCs and consoles in Q4-2022.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

Victura and Highwire Games today announced plans to nearly double the size of the team developing Six Days in Fallujah and delay release of the game until Q4-2022.

“It became clear that recreating these true stories at a high quality was going to require more people, capital, and time than we had,” according to Victura CEO Peter Tamte. “Doubling our team is just one of many things we’re doing to make sure Six Days in Fallujah brings new kinds of tactical and emotional depth to military shooters.”

Conceived by a Marine who was badly wounded during the battle, and developed with help from more than 100 Marines, Soldiers, and Iraqi civilians, Six Days in Fallujah mixes documentary with gameplay to recreate true stories from the 2004 Second Battle for Fallujah. The game aims to give players a deeper understanding of urban warfare through the stories and struggles of both service-members and civilians. Six Days in Fallujah is being developed for Victura by Highwire Games, which is led by many of the people who co-invented the original Halo and Destiny games.

Six Days in Fallujah is now scheduled to release for PCs and consoles in Q4-2022.
Do wypipo still serve in American Army? Wonderful screenshot

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Do wypipo still serve in American Army? Wonderful screenshot
A lot of the trigger pullers, and in particular SOF are still largely white.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
So it's not vapourware? Did the developers respond to any of the controversy in the end?

How many times has Rami denounced when 80 fucking kids got shredded by a bomb? He wants to make this be about Americans against "Arabs" and "Muslims". How many times has he made a peep about Shi'a civilians getting killed by Sunnis?

Not familiar with the guy, but wouldn't it take a game about Islamist campaigns of sectarian violence -- and him ignoring said game -- for it to be an equivalent situation? Thought the complaints about SDiF were on the premise that it was glorifying, or otherwise whitewashing, the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Will it have proper PvP? If not then it's dead to me.

Would be kinda strange to stray into anything arcade-y like that, given the devs portrayed it as essentially a "documentary".

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
This is actually getting updates and doesn't look like abandonware. It looks interesting in videos i just don't have the time to really get into it.
Wargame Update Notes
NEW: Wargame Mode, night missions with Flares, and Sandstorms.

Please restart the Steam client to download the latest build.

NEW FEATURES
  • Night missions with Flares
    • Flares flicker and move across the sky
    • Reduced visibility in the darkness
    • Improved concealment from enemy AI
    • Flashlights and muzzle flashes reveal position to enemy AI
  • Sandstorm
    • Sandstorms sweep violently through the battlefield
    • Reduced visibility and hearing
    • Reduced radio effectiveness
    • Introduced player “cough” mechanic, interrupting comms and alerting enemies
  • Wargame Mode
    • Customize the simulation in Six Days
    • Time-of-day selection, including Flares
    • Weather selection, including Sandstorm
    • Mission selection
    • Role selection
      • “Ranked Selection”—choose preferred fireteam role
      • “Unrestricted”—any player can play in any role
        • NOTE: Team Lead can still assign roles on the UI but player choice takes priority (we’re improving this for the future)
    • Hard variant “FUBAR” for Fireteam missions
    • “Hard” difficulty option for enemy AI
    • “Survival Rules”
      • No reinforcements—AAV respawns disabled
      • No KIA Allowed—mission failure upon player KIA
    • Mission timers can be extended, reduced, or disabled
    • Mission intro cinematics can be disabled
    • Procedural Architecture sliders
      • Exteriors — Fewer/More Structures and More Accessible/Constrained
      • Interiors — Sparse/Crowded Interiors and More Open/Fortified
GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS
  • Enemy AI can lure players into traps
  • Enemy AI now throw grenades
  • Improved enemy AI suppressive fire
  • Improved enemy AI ability to create fatal funnels with PKM
  • Improved tracers to pass through windows
  • Reduced audible “hammer click” to one when weapon is empty
  • Added automatic adaptive noise gates on player VOIP
  • Tuned fireteam missions with new features in mind
KNOWN ISSUES
  • Upscaler sometimes gets disabled, causing degraded performance. To fix this,
    go to your graphics settings and turn the Upscaler back on.
LOCALIZATION IMPROVEMENTS
  • Added support for Portuguese language
  • Improved support for Korean language
BUG FIXES
  • Fixed the known cause for players being unable to ADS after swapping weapons
  • Fixed an issue causing blurry scopes when ADS’ing
  • Fixed an issue causing “Windy” weather to roll too often
  • Fixed an issue causing mission objectives to be unsynced for host and clients
  • Fixed an issue causing multiple explosives planted on armory in Ruins
  • Fixed an issue causing players to fall through the map on Water Tower and Compound
  • Fixed an issue causing “Reinforcements available from AAV” to display under false conditions
  • Fixed an issue causing grenades to display incorrectly on vest UI
  • Fixed an issue causing overlapping invites in lobby
  • Fixed an issue causing “robotic” player VOIP
  • Fixed an issue in which IEDS on Apartments were silent
  • Fixed an issue in which player radio remained open upon death
  • Fixed an issue in which “Ghost” radio persisted for clients after respawning
  • Fixed an issue in which jet flyby audio didn’t play for clients
  • Fixed an issue in which auto-detect didn’t first reset to default settings
  • Fixed an issue in which gamepad functionality was lost after using auto-detect
  • Fixed an issue in which framerate uncaps after changing graphics settings
  • Fixed an issue in which hanging rugs were clipping through geometry
  • Fixed an issue in which players were killed through geometry by VBIEDs
  • Fixed an issue in which staircases were obstructed by geometry
  • Fixed an issue in which enemy AI couldn’t pass through holes in walls
  • Fixed an issue in which VBIEDS were stopped by M203 “duds”
  • Fixed an issue in which M203 grenade “duds” still detonated
  • Various AI behavior fixes
  • Various performance optimizations
  • Various fixes for common crashes
For bugs we're currently tracking, please see our Known Issues list.

Join the community conversation and offer us feedback on our official Discord server!
https://discord.gg/SixDaysGame

ADL

Prophet
I'll buy in on the next major update. Too many games right now but my friend who has it recommends it despite being extremely content-light. I'll get some impressions after he plays the update.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I played it a little when it came out but seemed to suffer from the same thing Ready or Not suffered from in the beginning; Laser beam AI. Are they still all snipers?

Glory to Ukraine
I grabed this recently and I just wanna say its p. fucking good (obviously it helps if you find decent people to play with), honestly some of the best CQB I have seen in vidya. I dont think there is any laser beam AI, though the game is hard AF in any case and captures the tension of urban combat really well.

There is plenty of infantry missions already and more stuff is coming, including SF missions. Certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is this viable to play in 2 player coop? I just want to play it with my brother and not bother with randoms or looking for some organized groups.

Glory to Ukraine
It would be pretty hard with just two people, but coordination is everything in this game, so if both of you know what you are doing and are talking to each other, you might end up doing better than 4 randoms who remain silent the whole (short) duration of the mission.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this viable to play in 2 player coop? I just want to play it with my brother and not bother with randoms or looking for some organized groups.
Sounds like no. The devs said they are working on AI bots to fill out co-op groups. For now, you can play the co-op scenarios solo but "it's very challenging", meaning they're not tuned for less than a full party.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom