Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The Morkons are a brand new faction in ELEX II. When the meteor hit Magalan, some survivors fled to an underground tunnel system and lived a life of darkness and deprivation.

finally a lore friendly explanation of the mole people effect triggered when leaving buildings

Cunt Dickula!?

Damn. So either Albs, Outlaws or Morkons for me.
Probably Morkons as they seem ridiculous.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
derpjax.png

Kem0sabe

Arcane
According to SteamSpy, 500000-1000000 copies sold on Steam. It does not count gog.
https://steamspy.com/app/411300
Recent feedback from a dev who launched his game both on steam and epic, revealed that steam accounted for 99% of sales and epic 1%.

We are kidding ourselves if we think that gog and epic amount to any significant numbers when compared to steam.

On the topic at hand, I think a lot of the people posting here take the elex codex meme more seriously than they realize. The first game was mediocre and with low budget production values. It did nothing to push sales beyond nostalgia banking on gothic. This will be the same, the trailers show the same bad dialogue voice acting, graphics and animations, and the sales will go accordingly.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm leaning towards the Outlaws/New Camp for my first playthrough. Or Albs, my Jax from the first game has consumed enough ELEX to stay an ice block for the rest of the series.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
On the topic at hand, I think a lot of the people posting here take the elex codex meme more seriously than they realize. The first game was mediocre and with low budget production values.
And yet, it was the best immersive open-world game in years. If that's mediocre, the others are utter shit.

This is not a meme. This. Is. INCLINEEEE!

bd403d65772378c3f3210998b9f3efd1.jpg

Dodo1610

Arcane
Elex 2 longer faction Descriptions +artwork from the official website

The Berserkers

The Berserkers originated from survivors of the meteor strike who had no or little access to technology. They developed into a medieval-like culture of farmers, hunters and healers who despised anything technical. When their then spiritual leader discovered how to transmute the blue Elex into what they called Mana, they finally had a weapon against the Albs. Blue Elex changed once green and lush areas into cold and dead landscapes, but certain plants enriched with their Mana, called world hearts, could reverse that effect, and bring back life to the planet. Mana gave them also access to magic-like abilities, and so they became a powerful faction even without any technological weapons and aids.

After the war in Elex 1, they started to convert the barren desert of Tavar into a green wonderland with a world heart. This caused the Outlaws of Tavar to split up into several smaller sub-groups, and one of them joined the Berserkers. This has changed the faction. Although officially Caja has become their new spiritual leader, as she’s a powerful mage who says that she has the power to “speak” to Elex, many Berserkers don’t want to live the simple life without technology anymore, and want to bring the faction into a new more modern age.

E2_13x13_2NDKA_BERSERKER_082520_CL-scaled.jpg

The Morkons

The Morkons were once the peaceful inhabitants of Tomsontown, but when the meteor struck, the survivors fled to the underground tunnels below the city, where they barricaded themselves from the dangerous outer world, and slowly evolved into a vicious and isolationist subterranean tribe, using metal and scrap from the destroyed city to build their weapons. Due to their limited access to food and other resources, they set up harsh rules for reproduction and acceptance of people from outside. Over time, these rules became a religion, the members of the tribe fanatics, and they started to call themselves Morkons. Their goal became to destroy all infidels who do not believe in their strict rules.

E2_13x13_2NDKA_MORKON_091420_CL_preview-scaled.jpg

The Albs
The Albs were formed by a splinter group of Clerics, who didn’t want to follow their purity vows of using Elex only for powering lifeless objects. They consumed Elex like candy and developed magical powers in addition to their deep technical knowledge through that, but lost their empathy and emotions in the process. Their goal was and still is to reach the next level of evolution. At first they thought they would be able to achieve this through the excessive consumption of Elex, but because of that they could be corrupted by the Hybrid in Elex 1 to do horrible things. After the fall of the Hybrid, the Separatists, a moderate group of Albs who saw the dangers of excessive Elex usage, could convince the Alb leadership to control the Elex intake of their members, and so they stopped being a threat to all other factions. They still see themselves superior to all other factions of Magalan though, and pursue their goal of evolving themselves

E2_13x13_2NDKA_ALBS_090220_CL_preview-1-scaled.jpg

The Clerics

The Clerics are an overly righteous and highly technical faction, who think that it’s their task to save Magalan from people who follow their lower instincts and use Elex in a different way than they do. They have purity laws that demand that Elex cannot be consumed, but only used to power lifeless machines. In Elex 1, Jax uncovered that the stories about their god Calaan who they worshipped were a lie, but that couldn’t stop them from believing in their established teachings. They believe that they are the last bastion that stands between survival and destruction. Although they are low in numbers, they are feared because of their highly advanced plasma weapons that they use to proselytize everybody who doesn’t want to join their mission.

E2_13x13_2NDKA_CLERIC_082520_CL-scaled.jpg

The Outlaws

Whilst the other factions used Elex for magic or technological advances, the Outlaws used it to produce drugs called stims. They never had any grand vision or goal other than to get high and to murder their neighbour to get what they have. They are a bunch of criminals and druggies, taking whatever they can get. The law of the strongest is their mantra. When the Berserkers terraformed the desert of Tavar back to a fertile region, many people from other factions came there and settled down, chasing the Outlaws out of Tavar. Some stayed, and became part of the Berserkers. Others went to the crater landscape of Ateris, trying to continue their lawless way of life there.

E2_13x13_2NDKA_OUTLAW_082520_CL-scaled.jpg

Skyands
It seemed like the Skyands had come out of nowhere, but they spread like wildfire all over Magalan. They take their power from dark Elex, a new and more aggressive form of the blue Elex. They have massive “Formers” – huge structures that have begun to transform the environment around them. The dark Elex infects everything – plants, animals and also people. And when they’re infected, they change … some die, some become “Skyand”.

The Skyands are incredibly powerful, ruthless, determined and strategic, and are therefore almost invincible. Their goal seems to be to transform all of Magalan. They have no morals, no belief system. They only know their goal, and they do everything to reach it

E2_13x13_2NDKA_SKYAND_102020_CL-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

Cunt Dickula!?

Nobody except me seems to remember anything about Risen 3 in this thread, eh?

C'mon guys... Thats just one of the shadow lords from R3. The alien dogs are just shadow dogs from R3.
And those alien bases are just the skull shadow portal thingies from R3.

Even Morkons seem a little like Demon Hunter faction from R3.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

C'mon guys... Thats just one of the shadow lords from R3. The alien dogs are just shadow dogs from R3.

piranhas would never commit self plagiarism!

Peachcurl

Cipher

I conclude: Caja will have bigger tits, and she'll be revealed as Jax sister.

Cunt Dickula!?

piranhas would never commit self plagiarism!
Dude i was shocked when i realized that ELEX didn't have a Xardas.
In german voice over Wardek
father dude
is spoken by the Xardas guy (Bodo Henkel).
Druid Eldric in Risen at least was a good Xardas copy.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I don't think those are that similar, but first elex had assets copied pretty much verbatim from R3 (rat creatures, for example) so no surprises.

Cunt Dickula!?

In the Morkon camp for some reason. Outlaws weren't edgy enough for her i guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom