Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

not sure, i'm too old to suffer old interfaces. also swg historically was ferociously against solo playing, and old resurrected games are for veterans with huge knowledge and as big guilds, their friends, and no one else.

Codex Year of the Donut
not sure, i'm too old to suffer old interfaces. also swg historically was ferociously against solo playing, and old resurrected games are for veterans with huge knowledge and as big guilds, their friends, and no one else.
I never played the original swg and I did fine, quit being a faggot.

ADL

Prophet
i need, i MUST have a substitute, another sci-fi game with weapons and armor modding, tons of equipment and base/squad building. no, i don't want to go back to grinding on swtor.
Not really sci-fi but Grounded after the "RPG update" scratches a similar itch. Also No Man's Sky.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I thought endgame is to collect ultrarares and legacies and an excel spreadsheet to keep track of them.
Tis not really an endgame if they trade their hacked/duped LeGaCiEzZzZz for benjamins and all the bloody assplosive stuff just requires you to grind random legendaries and reroll the stats on the stuff you already have.
Just to tell random people who don't care that you finally got something you don't actually need.

I once made me a shitty 1 star vampire minigun and slapped a shredder on it. Turning Codexia into an unkillable melee monster that uses no ammo and a gun that never degrades.
Time investment to achieve full endgame: 30 mins.
"It just works!"

The only perveived endgame in this game seems to be building your house, then giving Todd another 12 dorrar to put on a new wallpaper.
Dexi on the other hand is happily living in a 2×2m wooden shack with a cow and Commitron for all those years now, thankyouverymuch. :hahano:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
so i reached endgame (because i truly madly deeply crave a game like this, but good). endgame consists in building a nice base in a nice spot and then quitting. i wasted an hour, maybe longer, to build the foundations and plan the base with wirings, public and private zones, beds, mess hall, workshop and stuff. then i discovered i couldn't build doors on first floor and up because of a never understood and of course never fixed bug.

i need, i MUST have a substitute, another sci-fi game with weapons and armor modding, tons of equipment and base/squad building. no, i don't want to go back to grinding on swtor.
Warframe?

Codex Year of the Donut
so i reached endgame (because i truly madly deeply crave a game like this, but good). endgame consists in building a nice base in a nice spot and then quitting. i wasted an hour, maybe longer, to build the foundations and plan the base with wirings, public and private zones, beds, mess hall, workshop and stuff. then i discovered i couldn't build doors on first floor and up because of a never understood and of course never fixed bug.

Warframe?
DE ran the game into the ground

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Warframe?
DE ran the game into the ground
Maybe, I haven't played since early 2019.

Warframe?
2700 hours in it :V there's no "base/squad" building. i don't count the dojo in it, that's just a silly enormous sink.
btw, just 3 days ago tencent forced another huge step toward complete chinesization of the game, with the introduction of time-limited paid currency.

baud

Arcane
Patron

Warframe?
2700 hours in it :V there's no "base/squad" building. i don't count the dojo in it, that's just a silly enormous sink.
btw, just 3 days ago tencent forced another huge step toward complete chinesization of the game, with the introduction of time-limited paid currency.

Maybe Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor? It's an ARGP, sci-fi, you can mod your weapons and armors. But no base/squad building

"hey, i know you asked for a hot woman but i can offer you this slightly ugly woman, and she has a dick. couldn't know it was a deal breaker for you".

Doma

Augur
At its current state, Fallout 76 is the best game in the Fallout-franchise that Bethesda has made.

Finally they have dropped the act. Made the multiplayer Animal Crossing-with-guns game they always wanted.
And you know what? Its fun! Its not Fallout, but Bethesda does not pretend it is anymore either.

Good on them tbh. They dont have to pretend to want to make a proper RPG anymore.

If only someone else could be allowed to make F5 while they dick around with this game.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
IF they would re-release this game as an offline single player, AND change it so you can eventually (temporally) unite the surviving factions to help you fight the queen in the end, after exploring the world, with an NPC companion adding a bit of flavor, the writing alone would make it into a much better game than FO3/4. I know, that does not mean much on it's own, so maybe... a game that is "good for what it is", or even a game we would call "a decent Fallout-ish game" without rolling our eyes.

It certainly has the potential, and the effort to do so would be minimal. It even has occasional stat checks saving you some legwork, even tho it was not made for it in the first place.
Alas, it's not a Skyrim that needs to be re-released to generate revenue. As long as they can squeeze out microtransaction from this "life service" with minimal investments, they won't do it. Sad.

tritosine2k

Erudite
exploring the world, with an NPC companion adding a bit of flavor,

That's a notable thing for transparency on bethesda's part:
https://archive.md/xnXml
But even if you romance them, they won't trail you around the entire map. "The following part, right now, they're basically going to be in your camp. Or in towns. We have technical limitations there, frankly."

Imagine NPC complaining about lack of xir MTX/microtransaction. Now THAT would be quite the MTX selling vehicle if it'd work.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Heh, I totally forgot I "romanced" the ASStronaut, because I replaced her with the adorable kid way back and immediately forgot about her.
So relaxing. Nobody constantly whines about having nightmares, floating in space or plays the same 2 songs on the guitar 24/7. :argh:

Plus, surprisingly, compared to the usual brats Todd offered us in Skyrim or FO, she is refreshingly un-annoying and... likeable. And she wishes me good luck. Which gives me +2 luck. Makes... sense? :hug:
Still weird Bethesda does NOT offer clothing for the kid in the store. People would rush to buy that, shit, even I would spent some of my illgotten atoms on it so she doesn't have to look like a hobo.

Mmmm yes, looking forward to... some time next year when they add new content and I actually play this game again for a few days. :hahano:

baud

Arcane
Patron
Still weird Bethesda does NOT offer clothing for the kid in the store. People would rush to buy that, shit, even I would spent some of my illgotten atoms on it so she doesn't have to look like a hobo.

Too close to grooming for Bethesda to risk it, maybe?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Night of the Moth update has arrived in Appalachia! This update brings the new “Mothman Equinox” seasonal event, Season 7: Dr. Zorbo’s Revenge and a multitude of quality-of-life improvements. Free for Fallout 76 Players.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Logged in out of curiosity yesterday to check board rewards and stuff. They increased the amount of time you have to spend on dailies it seems. Things like gaining 200 scrip and waiting for the seasonal event to pop require more time investment than the usual 15 mins. Gotta boost the metrics!

Although it was funny that one challenge required using "Xerox's gamma gun", which created an outrage of rage and confusion. Because reading that the gun is the first board reward is too hard for people. :hahano:

And as usual half of the team just blindly shoots interactable objects during that new event instead of, y'know, interacting with it.
Players. Players never change. :hahano:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom