Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Burial Stone, the first Codex approved VR RPG.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
I have started making a VR game that is kind of like Eye of the Beholder, or the more recent legend of Grimdork.

The game is going to be relatively simple, and short. And it's going to be free.
I am building the engine for EotB like games.
Doing better abstraction to allow me plug and play different battle systems, different graphics and etc.

I haven't decided yet if there are going to be more than one enemy in one tile.
Right now I might go for the simpler gameplay, with one player character, and one enemy per tile. Maybe two per tile at most.
I need to research possible gameplay a bit more.

It will be simultanous turn based.
It will look like everyone advance at the same time, but there are order to the operations. Where the player makes all the other non player characters stuck if he doesn't move.
So in that sense it's not like EotB where enemies can move even if you don't move.

Some demo video:

Poseidon00

Arcane
Very cool, I like the idea and will def try it out.

Make bosses tower over you. It would be fun.

Hidden switches, fake walls, etc. all good ideas as well.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Upgraded to Unity's new rendering pipeline, which allows shadows for point light.
Darkness.jpg

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Adding some decorations:
Level suffers from looking like Doom 3.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
A Demonstartion of gameplay, played on a PC instead of VR.
The rotations are snapped like in VR, but that should be fixed for PC.

What do you think of it?

Barrishimi

NecroCatic Games
Developer
Looks interesting!! But I mean you could always add a dragon and a car to --- nevermind. Keep up the good work!! <3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom