Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

havox

Novice
He's right though? Writing and companions significantly dragged my enjoyment down and even though I beat the game with enemy adjustment set to none, I didn't feel much accomplishment, I felt stupid for having to use this much pre-buff and summon spam cheesy tactics throughout.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
When someone mentions "writing" it means this someone missed the chemotherapy due to COVID-19 restrictions, and this someone's brain tumor is growing again. And, for sure, if one doesn't like playing a game, then there is no need to play it. Simple.

Supermedo

Augur
One of the things that piss me off is the knowledge skill check in the game, I have +14 but yet my character fails because he rolled 2 or 5 like WTF, even with save scumming I need to load 5 times to pass skill check with 19 DC.

Sheepherder

Augur
Ya, the game is quite bad. The Pathfinder part of it is good - fun to figure out the char building system, but everything that isn't mechanics or was more Owlcat then Pathfinder - maps, encounters and similar - it's shit. I noticed I only really had fun in the char creation screen and levelup screen and barely tolerated the parts in between. The prebuffing situation is extra retarded, there's 3 different mods that help automate this shit. fucking lol
Plus bugs

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
One of the things that piss me off is the knowledge skill check in the game, I have +14 but yet my character fails because he rolled 2 or 5 like WTF, even with save scumming I need to load 5 times to pass skill check with 19 DC.
I think you need Sosiel in your party. Or a bard. Or some such. Hope you use Heroism at least.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My Cavalier has AC 40 and the Horse 50, fucking ridiculous. Next you'll have 100 Attack vs 100 AC, what's the fucking point?
How do you people find the courage to buy a Pathfinder video game adaptation and then complain about numbers inflation? You can easily google something like "Pathfinder bestiary" and find out that high-level monsters have ACs around 40 while unbuffed. Don't you have the internet?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You can easily google something like "Pathfinder bestiary"

Owlcat inflates defensive numbers to laughable degree (which I support and have supported in Kingmaker as well, since 3.5/PF offenses are hilariously overtuned compared to defensives, making the quintessential 3.5/PF stat initiative if played RAW post level 6 or 7ish).

ArchAngel

Arcane

Owlcat inflates defensive numbers to laughable degree (which I support and have supported in Kingmaker as well, since 3.5/PF offenses are hilariously overtuned compared to defensives, making the quintessential 3.5/PF stat initiative if played RAW post level 6 or 7ish).
It has to because it is much easier to upkeep buffs in the game and also PnP does not have Load Game feature.

Sunri

Liturgist

Game is easy anyway.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

It has to because it is much easier to upkeep buffs in the game and also PnP does not have Load Game feature.

Did you read my bracket?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Game is easy anyway.

That's what I hear. Which makes me sad, because the initial Codex reports made this sound much harder than Kingmaker post mid-levels. Sounds like it's fake news

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Game is easy anyway.

That's what I hear. Which makes me sad, because the initial Codex reports made this sound much harder than Kingmaker post mid-levels. Sounds like it's fake news

Probably not enough people have played past mid-levels to get a good picture of overall difficulty

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I guess it depends how much you optimize. Crazy strong combos are possible from mid-game and I don't think the game has an answer to 1000+ dpr at level 12. Not that I know any games with robust, interesting - and, consequently, "unbalanced" character building options that do. Still, random encounters, when you're moving without your full suite of buffs can still be pretty brutal (or annoying at least).

On the other hand, I think the game IS rather tough for a "normal" player. It certainly doesn't pull any punches, has strong and well designed enemies and is not afraid of setting the party in unfavorable circumstances. It is one of the most difficult crpgs I have played for sure.

Sunri

Liturgist
I guess it depends how much you optimize. Crazy strong combos are possible from mid-game and I don't think the game has an answer to 1000+ dpr at level 12. Not that I know any games with robust and "unbalanced" character building options that do. Still, random encounters, when you're moving without your full suite of buffs can still be pretty brutal (or annoying at least).

On the other hand, I think the game IS rather tough for a "normal" player. It certainly doesn't pull any punches, has strong and well designed enemies and is not afraid of setting the party in unfavorable circumstances.

I mean if you get ambush and half of your characters gets insta gibbed because they spawned on top of the enemies thats not about buffs its just bad design all those random encounters feel like waste of time anyway they should delete them from the game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I guess it depends how much you optimize. Crazy strong combos are possible from mid-game and I don't think the game has an answer to 1000+ dpr at level 12. Not that I know any games with robust, interesting - and, consequently, "unbalanced" character building options that do. Still, random encounters, when you're moving without your full suite of buffs can still be pretty brutal (or annoying at least).

On the other hand, I think the game IS rather tough for a "normal" player. It certainly doesn't pull any punches, has strong and well designed enemies and is not afraid of setting the party in unfavorable circumstances. It is one of the most difficult crpgs I have played for sure.

I optimize but within off-kilter builds of my own design so not really. I don't netdeck optimal builds because why would you in an SP game. The question is: how does it compare to Kingmaker which was trivial from mid-levels and beyond even on unfair.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

He is complaining about AC 40 and 50 and those aren't Owlcat-inflated numbers. Base high-level monsters already have ACs around 40.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

I optimize but within off-kilter builds of my own design so not really. I don't netdeck optimal builds because why would you in an SP game. The question is: how does it compare to Kingmaker which was trivial from mid-levels and beyond even on unfair.

Well, I'm still quite early in mid-game (level 12) so cannot say too much. I've started generally rolling enemies outside random encounters - but I do optimize. On the other hand, both the enemy and area design has been WAY more brutal then in Kingmaker, where I basically only had issues in chapter 1.

Here the entire chapter 2 was also rather brutal. Late chapter, the mobs in Drezen siege exterior or Lost Chapel weren't particularly dangerous, but the attrition really got to you... and mini-bosses, as well as chapter bosses were typically a solid challenge (I was impressed how much the chapter 2 boss was a murder machine).

For sure I'd rate it as significantly more difficult then Kingmaker - which doesn't mean you can't roll enemies with an optimized party.

ArchAngel

Arcane

New game is harder on Core difficulty in mid/late game than Kingmaker was on Challenging difficulty. Only difficult thing in Kingmaker was solved by giving everyone Blind Fighting. I've played both games without significant optimizing. Best I done in Kingmaker was level up Valerie as Melee Earth Kinetic Warrior.
In this game I didn't even really bother with prestige classes except with Regill.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
In Wrath on Core, for example, trying to building a lore friendly tank without meme dips equals it often getting stomped by most basic enemies if you do not heavily buff and against anything boss-like it will be completely unviable. This definitely isn't how it worked in Kingmaker. If you sperg and multi-class a lot then you can break both games quite easily, which is also one of the least surprising things in the world.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

If you felt kingmaker was trivial even on unfair, I think you'll find this to be much the same. ACs and ABs are higher this time around, but the mythic talents/abilities are massive power boosts as well.

I played both on core, and I think wrath is mostly easier, with the occasional spike that makes it very tricksy. Kingmaker was more even.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Kingmaker has no comparable difficulty spike as in WOTR transition from chapter 3 to chapter 4 (starting with the Midnight Fane).
But I think everything is going to be nerfed and popamoled soon(TM).

Notorious

Augur
My Cavalier has AC 40 and the Horse 50, fucking ridiculous. Next you'll have 100 Attack vs 100 AC, what's the fucking point?
How do you people find the courage to buy a Pathfinder video game adaptation and then complain about numbers inflation? You can easily google something like "Pathfinder bestiary" and find out that high-level monsters have ACs around 40 while unbuffed. Don't you have the internet?

Bored at work and actually looked this up. My horse is apperently at an level of a Mythic Wyrm Red Dragon (Whatever the fuck that is) and Cthulhu (They didn't even bother to change the name).

A normal Dragon can't even hold a candle to my majestic steed.

Whatever, changing this wouldn't fix the system anyway. Could have been saved if the rest of the game was decent, something which Kingmaker managed at times.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
WOTR is harder. Kingmaker was challenging on Unfair at chapter 1 and some parts of chapter 2. Than it went much easier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom