Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Final Fantasy 6 - New Hack

Falksi

Arcane
I'm not a fan of the game, but there's no doubt many love it. So if you're one of them you may want to check out this new hack for it.

Romhacking.net - Hacks - Final Fantasy VI - T-Edition + EX (English Translation)

This ROM hack retains the existing game and adds a ton of new, creative content all around it. It's a popular ROM hack in Japan, and remained in Japan due to being only in Japanese. However, thanks to Mato/Tomato (responsible for many popular fan translations) this awesome hack is available in English! Learn more from the hack's homepage and live translation page. Here's a quick run-down of the highlighted features:

• New Espers, Magic, Skills, Items, and Equipment! Useless or overpowered ones have been removed or adjusted to give the game a thoughtful balance.
  • There are hundreds of new enemies and bosses.
  • The difficulty has been increased and done so in creative, new ways (not cheap or frustrating).
  • Over 50 new events and side quests have been added to the game.
  • Some areas from the GBA version such as the Dragon's Den have been added back into this hack.
  • New music! Plus there's an in-game music player.
  • New “Dressing Room” feature - characters can unlock alternate costumes and change outfits. Different outfits will give characters different stats.
  • Character storylines are extended. And events connect to other Final Fantasy games through references and cameos.
tYPCnIL.png

VYl0xdY.png

Ji5CYI0.png

FLiOMlE.png

oD7DoPm.png

Ash

Arcane
Most mods are shit. Skeptical. But willing to keep an open mind. When a mod is good it is really good, potentially superceding the base game...so who is taking the plunge with this one? Not me, after Brave New World I am reluctant to give the FF6 fanbase a second chance.

Edit: eh reading more in detail it does seem pretty tasteful and inclined. We'll see

This is where I suspect the decline to reside:

• Celebrates the Final Fantasy series in countless ways, including hundreds of pieces of music from other games in the series
  • Character storylines are extended. And events connect to other Final Fantasy games through references and cameos.
Fanservice is for dweebs and is no substitute for originality. So instead of FF6 being its own thing, or this being FF6+,
it's instead FF6+ plus gay fanservice, stupid writing and out of place references

I am hoping it is at least tastefully done. Waiting for a willing codexer to deliver the verdict.

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
Yuck, raw pixels. Anyway I'm always up for a good hack. The original FFVI didn't live up to it's reputation by the time I got around to playing it on PS1. It has its charms, but I think the World of Balance can use a content upgrade, big time. An encounter rate slider would be cool also.

mogwaimon

Magister
Most mods are shit. Skeptical. But willing to keep an open mind. When a mod is good it is really good, potentially superceding the base game...so who is taking the plunge with this one? Not me, after Brave New World I am reluctant to give the FF6 fanbase a second chance.

Edit: eh reading more in detail it does seem pretty tasteful and inclined. We'll see

• Celebrates the Final Fantasy series in countless ways, including hundreds of pieces of music from other games in the series
Fanservice is for dweebs and is no substitute for originality. So instead of FF6 being its own thing, or this being FF6+,
it's instead FF6+ plus gay fanservice, stupid writing and out of place references

I am hoping it is at least tastefully done. Waiting for a willing codexer to deliver the verdict.

it's by a Japanese hacker rather than a western one so it's possible. The hack has been on my radar for a while but not sure I'll get around to playing it for a while myself, but it does sound interesting. The extra costumes seem to be a quasi-job system and the EX rom feature where you bring your save to another rom to fight superbosses seems pretty sweet so it does have some unique features, but if you didn't care for BNW you likely won't care for this as some of the costumes aren't exactly thematically in line with FF6...(I recall it was because of the script changes rather than the mechanics, if I remember our last conversation on the topic correctly?)

for example, I believe one of Terra's costumes is based on Lightning from FF13 and changes her job to L'cie, while another character gets a Tidus costume. Re-reading one of the synopses over at ngplus, it seems more like the costumes just reallocate stats rather than give the characters new abilities in the vein of actual jobs, unfortunately.

EDIT: Let me just add this in real quick, it's the write-up I was referring to by Kain Stryder over on NGPlus who is/was working on a LUA-based translation for the hack before Tomato announced his version, it has a lot more details about the game for anyone who's curious

Final Fantasy VI: T-Edition and EX

This is a Japanese mod of the original Final Fantasy VI based off a previous mod called Omega Patch. I personally have little information on exactly what Omega Patch is beyond some inventory expansion and other things, but this is what T-Edition is built off of.

What is T-Edition? Firstly, let me be clear that I nor anyone else here did not make this mod. The mod creator is a Japanese modder by the name of Tsushiy.

Myself, Lazarus_DS, and dn are the ones managing the translation:

Kain Stryder - Translator, handled the html files/in-game translations/upkeeps the translation.

dn - Coder, handled menu and coding work.

Lazarus_DS - Translator/Coder, handled menu/in-game translations/coding work.

So what is it, exactly? T-Edition is a massive overhaul to the base game and much much more. Here's a *basic* list of what you'll find (spoiler-friendly):

- Over 50+ new side quests, handled via the barkeeps in cities/towns, and later other places in the WoR (explore everywhere!)

- An Achievement/Collection Room in the Narshe Beginner's Hall, showcasing your feats and tracking your progress (includes EX mode achievements).

- Several new dungeons and areas, including some of the GBA content.

- Tons of new events and dialogue (the main story remains the same, but small things have been changed/inserted for a more fuller experience, be it cut content from the original game or Tsushiy's own ideas).

- A developer's room, mostly with Tsushiy's commentary and events, leading into EX mode access.

- The esper leveling system for stat gains has been removed. In its place is a costume system, where upon finishing achievements, side quests and/or story progression, you will unlock costumes in the WoR on the Falcon to swap characters into (requires a bar quest done first that's available upon receiving the Falcon -- search for it!) This changes their stats for better or worse, but it depends on your play style for that character. Each character has 4 costumes, all based off other Final Fantasy characters they have similarities or things in common with. This will change their sprites and menu graphics. Leveling up simply makes you stronger now, so don't hold back! Grind, grind, and grind some more!

- Some enemies now can drop up to 4 different items instead of 2.

- Stealing is now a 1/4 and 3/4 for the rare/common item respectively and also slightly easier overall.

- Difficulty re-balancing - The game for the most part in WoB is vanilla difficulty but upped a little bit in some areas, especially side content. The new content is challenging, sometimes even brutal, until you figure out the strategy. The difficulty doesn't spike until the WoR when you begin doing the new content and side quests, with some stuff being hard to really hard. Final Kefka is no pushover, don't expect to breeze through this. Enfeeble enemies, buff yourself, try out new tactics, see what works, because enemies can be debuffed, perhaps things that didn't work in vanilla work now, so it's worth casting and seeing what happens. Even if you think "that won't work", TRY IT, you may be surprised!

- Over 170 new songs have been added (not including Inn music and Fanfares), being able to listen to them in the Config menu -> highlight "Sound" and click (A) to open the Music Player like the GBA version. If using the lua scripting, there's a nice little feature here, too!

- Ultimate weapons have been added for each character. These range from decent/good to godly and are part of a large side quest to obtain.

- Gau has been reworked to be able to learn Rages anywhere in the game. Simply have him in party and do the fight and he'll obtain the Rage. Leap has been removed also; he now has a Fight command and can use Claws/Axes. Several of his Rages are extremely good, especially late game when he becomes a God. If you disliked him before, give him another look here.

- New 2nd abilities for characters have been added for Celes, Terra, Mog and Relm (that replace Runic, Morph, Dance and Sketch, respectively). Control/Possess has been removed from the game.

- The damage cap for party and enemies has been risen from 9999 to 32,000.

- Almost every character's toolkit has been changed or re-balanced, please read over the html files to see everyone's abilities now. There's too much to write here. For the most part, everyone plays a bit differently than before but most of it is still familiar. Umaro for example is now controllable and has the "Snowstorm" ability to use at will, aka Blizzard Orb. He can also use magic, but only outside of battle, and knows any spells your team does, like Gogo.

- To promote some character's jobs, people such as Sabin get more HP but much less MP, making him more of a physical attacker, so he won't make for a good mage. However, some of his Blitzes are magic based, so gearing him in a specific costume and giving him Magic+ gear can make him a potent physical magic damager.

- A new game+ feature - Done at the Narshe Beginner's Hall (once the Falcon is obtained), the man behind the counter in the lobby will reboot the game for you, allowing you to keep ANY items, Espers, magic, rages etc gained, but key items, levels, and the Veldt encounters are reset. Treasure and side quests are reset too, allowing for you to obtain duplicates of things or to just simply restart the game if you royally botched and missed something important, or just wanting a fresh start and being OP from the get go, yet still retaining a challenge (due to your levels being reset).

- A "disc 2" so to speak. Very late in the game, once a specific side quest chain has been finished, the middle door in the Narshe Beginner's Hall will unlock, leading to the developer's room. Inside here is a separate room with Moogles and a save point, explaining to save your game here and to read the ex html file. EX is "disc 2", where once loaded, you'll be in the Moogle room with a new door but the exit missing. Traveling through said door will put you into a Crystal Room where you may select various bosses from past Final Fantasy games to challenge. These offer no rewards besides just "I beat them!", so play only if you wish for a challenge. That said, these bosses are HARD, so go in prepared. When a boss is defeated, saving your game then reloading the save BACK to "disc 1" the boss's painting will appear in the gallery room to prove you won.

- Many other surprises await you to find, as if I listed *everything* here, it'd spoil the fun, but please keep in mind that this mod, according to Tsushiy and in his own words, was made for himself (which when you think about it, is absolutely insane to create a mod of this level solely for your own enjoyment, but also shows how much he loves it). He decided to share it so others may enjoy it, too (please also note some things make little sense outside to him and are not really fitting for a wider audience of players, such as costume stats, but as far as that goes, we offer an optional fix so you can have some variety and feel unlocking them was worth your time, while not being locked into the same costumes every playthrough; Tsushiy's stance on fixing things is "do it yourself if you have the means" and it can be seen as insulting to ask him to change stuff just because you disliked it. Again, he made this for him, not the public, hence why everything we offer is optional (be it patches or lua quality of life additions; everything can be turned off/on) and not a replacement for his work (he's more than ok with this).

Tsushiy does goes on to say that if you don't want your memories of Final Fantasy VI ruined or dislike fan fiction/these types of mods, please don't play it. This is to say that, some new events expand on the lore of the game and characters (either by adding in cut content the original FF6 dev team discussed in interviews or Tsushiy's own ideas) and in my opinion, he does it justice without coming off as cringe, giving characters out of place dialogue, or "this doesn't fit, at all/my day is ruined." Moreover, new songs play in some areas not related to the new content, as well as monster sprites from other FF games or SNES Square-Enix titles. The core game play/experience of FF6 is still here as a vast majority of the new content/events is OPTIONAL; you can play this mod and ignore it if it bothers you to that degree if you just want a mod that fixes alot of the glaring issues of the original while offering some amped up difficulty, balancing, etc of a typical JRPG. Overall, just have fun with it and enjoy the experience for what it is, especially if you want something new/mixing it up.

As a foot note, this is a VERY popular mod in Japan and Tsushiy is overjoyed people outside of Japan are now experiencing it, as he never dreamed anyone overseas would play or take an interest, let alone be able to get it into English (he lamented to me personally how he tried himself/showed me examples and was disheartened at the severe truncation in menus, but is happy we got around it).

There's so much more to list, it's easier if you just read over the notes and changes within the download's html files or just play and unlock the mysteries for yourself.

Falksi

Arcane

I'll be playing it over the next few months. I don't enjoy vanilla FF6 much at all, but it's got elements I like, so this may be up my street.

Ash

Arcane
So what is it, exactly? T-Edition is a massive overhaul to the base game and much much more. Here's a *basic* list of what you'll find (spoiler-friendly):

- Over 50+ new side quests, handled via the barkeeps in cities/towns, and later other places in the WoR (explore everywhere!)

- An Achievement/Collection Room in the Narshe Beginner's Hall, showcasing your feats and tracking your progress (includes EX mode achievements).

- Several new dungeons and areas, including some of the GBA content.

- Tons of new events and dialogue (the main story remains the same, but small things have been changed/inserted for a more fuller experience, be it cut content from the original game or Tsushiy's own ideas).

- A developer's room, mostly with Tsushiy's commentary and events, leading into EX mode access.

- The esper leveling system for stat gains has been removed. In its place is a costume system, where upon finishing achievements, side quests and/or story progression, you will unlock costumes in the WoR on the Falcon to swap characters into (requires a bar quest done first that's available upon receiving the Falcon -- search for it!) This changes their stats for better or worse, but it depends on your play style for that character. Each character has 4 costumes, all based off other Final Fantasy characters they have similarities or things in common with. This will change their sprites and menu graphics. Leveling up simply makes you stronger now, so don't hold back! Grind, grind, and grind some more!

- Some enemies now can drop up to 4 different items instead of 2.

- Stealing is now a 1/4 and 3/4 for the rare/common item respectively and also slightly easier overall.

- Difficulty re-balancing - The game for the most part in WoB is vanilla difficulty but upped a little bit in some areas, especially side content. The new content is challenging, sometimes even brutal, until you figure out the strategy. The difficulty doesn't spike until the WoR when you begin doing the new content and side quests, with some stuff being hard to really hard. Final Kefka is no pushover, don't expect to breeze through this. Enfeeble enemies, buff yourself, try out new tactics, see what works, because enemies can be debuffed, perhaps things that didn't work in vanilla work now, so it's worth casting and seeing what happens. Even if you think "that won't work", TRY IT, you may be surprised!

- Over 170 new songs have been added (not including Inn music and Fanfares), being able to listen to them in the Config menu -> highlight "Sound" and click (A) to open the Music Player like the GBA version. If using the lua scripting, there's a nice little feature here, too!

- Ultimate weapons have been added for each character. These range from decent/good to godly and are part of a large side quest to obtain.

- Gau has been reworked to be able to learn Rages anywhere in the game. Simply have him in party and do the fight and he'll obtain the Rage. Leap has been removed also; he now has a Fight command and can use Claws/Axes. Several of his Rages are extremely good, especially late game when he becomes a God. If you disliked him before, give him another look here.

- New 2nd abilities for characters have been added for Celes, Terra, Mog and Relm (that replace Runic, Morph, Dance and Sketch, respectively). Control/Possess has been removed from the game.

- The damage cap for party and enemies has been risen from 9999 to 32,000.

- Almost every character's toolkit has been changed or re-balanced, please read over the html files to see everyone's abilities now. There's too much to write here. For the most part, everyone plays a bit differently than before but most of it is still familiar. Umaro for example is now controllable and has the "Snowstorm" ability to use at will, aka Blizzard Orb. He can also use magic, but only outside of battle, and knows any spells your team does, like Gogo.

- To promote some character's jobs, people such as Sabin get more HP but much less MP, making him more of a physical attacker, so he won't make for a good mage. However, some of his Blitzes are magic based, so gearing him in a specific costume and giving him Magic+ gear can make him a potent physical magic damager.

- A new game+ feature - Done at the Narshe Beginner's Hall (once the Falcon is obtained), the man behind the counter in the lobby will reboot the game for you, allowing you to keep ANY items, Espers, magic, rages etc gained, but key items, levels, and the Veldt encounters are reset. Treasure and side quests are reset too, allowing for you to obtain duplicates of things or to just simply restart the game if you royally botched and missed something important, or just wanting a fresh start and being OP from the get go, yet still retaining a challenge (due to your levels being reset).

- A "disc 2" so to speak. Very late in the game, once a specific side quest chain has been finished, the middle door in the Narshe Beginner's Hall will unlock, leading to the developer's room. Inside here is a separate room with Moogles and a save point, explaining to save your game here and to read the ex html file. EX is "disc 2", where once loaded, you'll be in the Moogle room with a new door but the exit missing. Traveling through said door will put you into a Crystal Room where you may select various bosses from past Final Fantasy games to challenge. These offer no rewards besides just "I beat them!", so play only if you wish for a challenge. That said, these bosses are HARD, so go in prepared. When a boss is defeated, saving your game then reloading the save BACK to "disc 1" the boss's painting will appear in the gallery room to prove you won.

Meh. More like FF6 Low-T edition

Some stuff looks good (Gau redesign), others...no thanks.

Last edited:

Hassar

Scholar
FFVI is my favorite game in the series. This is a hard pass for me. Some additions are redundant and I don’t like others, like the costume swapping or replacing abilities (except for Runic which never really got full utility). It is nice to see fans trying to reinvigorate this game, though.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Falksi

It'd be interesting to hear afterwards whether the game really "gets good" in the second half.

I'll pop my thoughts down on it when I've played through it mate. I'm just in the middle of a Phantasy Star 4 run, so want to finish that first. But reckon I'll be starting FF6 T Edition in a week or two.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Resurrecting this old thread since I just finished FF6 on the SNES.

:necro:

Mini-Review Time:

I have now beaten Final Fantasy 1 through X-2 and also Final Fantasy Tactics. I also tried Final Fantasy XII, but it was dull and I gave up on the series when I gave up halfway through the game... might try again with Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac, since I'm a sucker for the job system.

Anyway, FF6 was a pretty solid game, and one of the best in the franchise.

+ These might actually be my 2nd favorite set of characters from the series, losing out just barely to the Final Fantasy Tactics characters. Although some of the characters are two dimensional archetypes, characters such as Terra, Locke, Cyan, and Celes were pretty compelling. They had tragic pasts without letting that past stop them from doing what was right.
+ Kefka is such a good, unrepentant nut job. What a great villain. The Emperor was also pretty well written. These characters were evil, but with consistent motivations. The Emperor was focused on power, while Kefka was a mad dog that enjoyed the chaos he sowed... and that twist 2/3rds of the way through was well done. C'mon Emperor, what did you think would happen when you let a mad dog loose?
+ The character classes had some good variation which allowed for a lot of tinkering in the party make-up. I found the joy of relics. For instance, one allowed for stronger melee attacks along with another for multiple attacks. Combining those let me deal serious death towards the end. I especially liked to use this combo on Cyan and Shadow, but I also found some good use for spears and flying attacks on Edgar and Mog.
+ A nice end dungeon that forced me to make some hard choices on equipment and party composition.
+ They really strain the limits of the SNES when it comes to graphics and cut scenes, but these are still well done. I enjoyed the closing scenes with the party members on the air ship.
- This is a typical jRPG which means it encouraes the player to grind since most of your party members will need to be at a decent level throughout different parts of the game and you don't want to leave them far behined. I could have beaten this thing years ago, but I lost my save files when I tried back then and just didn't have the energy to try again until I noticed I had a backlog of music and podcasts to listen to. Grinding is mindless and only recommended when you have something else in the background to focus your thoughts.

If I had to rate to put this among my favorite FF games I would go with this:

- FF: Tactics (Still the champ)
- FF6: Very good and memorable. A well earned 2nd place. See comments above.
- FF8: Yeah, I know. A controversial choice, but I still think Squall is a better character than mopy Cloud. Dude isn't naturally dour. He's just surrounded by a pack of asshole classmates and is ready to help a good cause when called upon. The game's storyline is convoluted, but so were most of the FF games. I enjoyed tinkering with the junctions.
- FF7: Probably the best entry for those new to classic jRPGs. But, I'm just not a fan of the characters besides the waifus of Tifa and Aerith and the storyline is all over the place. I enjoyed Cloud and Squall's interaction in Kingdom Hearts 2.
- FFX-2: I love the FF job system and liked this one despite hating FFX. This game is helped by being the less serious of the entire series and embracing its ridiculousess and blatant fan sercvice.
- FF5: Again, I love the FF job system. I can't even remember the story or characters anymore, but I do remember grinding over and over to mix and match the jobs and job skills.
- FF9: A simple plot and straight forward characters (big fan of Vivi). The plot actual makes sense after the non-sensical FF8 and FF9 and combat is streamlined quite a bit to return to some older game mechanic roots. And nothing will have been learned because then we get the mess that is FFX and the start of the dark times.

So FF6 comes in as #2 on my list right now. A great variety of character classes, some solid good and evil characters that don't become too bogged down in archetypes, some neat twists, a great final dungeon and end boss. And the storyline is straight forward and easy to follow, unlike many of the other FF games. A definite recommend for those looking at trying out some of the classic jRPGs. After this I will probably give one of the Phantasy Star or Dragon Quest games a try when I feel like trying a jRPG again.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Resurrecting this old thread since I just finished FF6 on the SNES.

:necro:

Mini-Review Time:

I have now beaten Final Fantasy 1 through X-2 and also Final Fantasy Tactics. I also tried Final Fantasy XII, but it was dull and I gave up on the series when I gave up halfway through the game... might try again with Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac, since I'm a sucker for the job system.

Anyway, FF6 was a pretty solid game, and one of the best in the franchise.

+ These might actually be my 2nd favorite set of characters from the series, losing out just barely to the Final Fantasy Tactics characters. Although some of the characters are two dimensional archetypes, characters such as Terra, Locke, Cyan, and Celes were pretty compelling. They had tragic pasts without letting that past stop them from doing what was right.
+ Kefka is such a good, unrepentant nut job. What a great villain. The Emperor was also pretty well written. These characters were evil, but with consistent motivations. The Emperor was focused on power, while Kefka was a mad dog that enjoyed the chaos he sowed... and that twist 2/3rds of the way through was well done. C'mon Emperor, what did you think would happen when you let a mad dog loose?
+ The character classes had some good variation which allowed for a lot of tinkering in the party make-up. I found the joy of relics. For instance, one allowed for stronger melee attacks along with another for multiple attacks. Combining those let me deal serious death towards the end. I especially liked to use this combo on Cyan and Shadow, but I also found some good use for spears and flying attacks on Edgar and Mog.
+ A nice end dungeon that forced me to make some hard choices on equipment and party composition.
+ They really strain the limits of the SNES when it comes to graphics and cut scenes, but these are still well done. I enjoyed the closing scenes with the party members on the air ship.
- This is a typical jRPG which means it encouraes the player to grind since most of your party members will need to be at a decent level throughout different parts of the game and you don't want to leave them far behined. I could have beaten this thing years ago, but I lost my save files when I tried back then and just didn't have the energy to try again until I noticed I had a backlog of music and podcasts to listen to. Grinding is mindless and only recommended when you have something else in the background to focus your thoughts.

If I had to rate to put this among my favorite FF games I would go with this:

- FF: Tactics (Still the champ)
- FF6: Very good and memorable. A well earned 2nd place. See comments above.
- FF8: Yeah, I know. A controversial choice, but I still think Squall is a better character than mopy Cloud. Dude isn't naturally dour. He's just surrounded by a pack of asshole classmates and is ready to help a good cause when called upon. The game's storyline is convoluted, but so were most of the FF games. I enjoyed tinkering with the junctions.
- FF7: Probably the best entry for those new to classic jRPGs. But, I'm just not a fan of the characters besides the waifus of Tifa and Aerith and the storyline is all over the place. I enjoyed Cloud and Squall's interaction in Kingdom Hearts 2.
- FFX-2: I love the FF job system and liked this one despite hating FFX. This game is helped by being the less serious of the entire series and embracing its ridiculousess and blatant fan sercvice.
- FF5: Again, I love the FF job system. I can't even remember the story or characters anymore, but I do remember grinding over and over to mix and match the jobs and job skills.
- FF9: A simple plot and straight forward characters (big fan of Vivi). The plot actual makes sense after the non-sensical FF8 and FF9 and combat is streamlined quite a bit to return to some older game mechanic roots. And nothing will have been learned because then we get the mess that is FFX and the start of the dark times.

So FF6 comes in as #2 on my list right now. A great variety of character classes, some solid good and evil characters that don't become too bogged down in archetypes, some neat twists, a great final dungeon and end boss. And the storyline is straight forward and easy to follow, unlike many of the other FF games. A definite recommend for those looking at trying out some of the classic jRPGs. After this I will probably give one of the Phantasy Star or Dragon Quest games a try when I feel like trying a jRPG again.

I've still not got around to playing this new hack, but some interesting thoughts there on the games. Nice to see some love for FF5, that job system really makes it a stand-out entry for me. So nice to have such an element of unpredictability about the battles and progression.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Nice. Always glad to see some FF mods. All most FF games need are a little difficulty boost. And 6 is one of the better entires.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I highly recommend FF6 low level. It feels really well-designed except for one or two fights. Very satisfying.

FF9 is also really good to complete at level 1 as well. They'll feel like new games and you'll learn to love things you ignored in a "normal" playthrough.

Derringer

Prophet
Those female enemy sprites look like they were ripped from Romancing Saga 3 if they weren't already from 6, which wouldn't surprise me since the Japanese liked hacking Romancing Saga 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom