Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Shuttle Bay might be releasing tomorrow. From steam forums for Colony Ship:
Elhoim said:
Hi! The goal is to release it tomorrow, probably in around 12-18 hours. The shuttle bay is looking very cool, and I'm testing all the quest paths and fights. We need to fix a bug with gadgets and I want to do a small pass to the habitat entrance.

Stuff that will be in the beta:

- The habitat entrance area and the shuttle bay.
- The questline for the shuttle bay.
- AI now uses stims.

Stuff missing in the beta:

- Completed visuals of the habitat entrance.
- Some extra side exploration in the shuttle bay with rewards, skills use and conversations.
- Characters in previous areas won't be having stims.

So tomorrow keep a save for when you arrive to the habitat, so that you can later check the things added to the shuttle bay (plus go through the different variations of the questline).

Tsubutai

Educated
The beta of the next area is live, although it's missing features and quite a bit of artwork at the moment. Might be best to hold off until the extra content is in. Enemies use grenades and stims in the new fights, whcih is cool.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7996.0.html

Give it a try and let us know. The entrance to the Habitat is still work in progress. The AI now uses stims (for now the Shuttle Bay area only). The main focus of the beta is testing the questline and all the different options.

To be improved/added while you're testing:

- The visuals, especially the Habitat entrance
- Extra exploration, rewards, skill use, extra characters and conversations.

Thank you for playing the early version.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Very much love the AI changes. Enemy using stims is such a game changer. I saw them use a stim to recover health after losing HP. That. Blew. My. Mind. As up to this point, enemies haven't really been taking advantage of stims, in order to recover health or buff themselves - while the player can. So, as a result, battles became monotonous. Now not so much. However, there's still some work to be done with the AI. Like working on their pathing so they stop walking into gas tiles. Not too long ago during a battle against the Protectors. An enemy threw a gas nade on my Faythe, then proceeded to walk into it. I kind of laughed.

Anyways. I'd wait a few until the developers iron out stuff, but man; it's looking good so far.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am also of the opinion that this game needs a world map, even if the map would look like it was drawn with a ball pen on a napkin. It would even add flair to the game.
tg-cz-011.jpg

latest

System Shock 1 maps put together even resembles the outline of the station

A world map sketches the game in a palpable manner and it gives cohesiveness and context.

As this game being perfect and all, as I see that some kids are hyped to death for it, all that's left for me is to wonder if there would be even a quest involving coriolis force! :)

I say steal the design of this colonization ship, as an homage to that great game it's from! :)
7-capture_05072007_170806.jpg

who gives a shit that in reality it would have to look more like this?
220px-Stanford_Torus-based_generation_ship.png

are negligible within the Solar system, let alone outside of it,

radiation outside the solar system is more intense, we are protected by the Sun's magnetosphere

Jrpgfan

Erudite
This was by far the quickest update to finish. I have yet to try other paths though(I have sided with Nico and killed the protectors commander spec ops-like).

Found a bug btw Vault Dweller. After you're done, if you go back to where you killed the commander and his guards up the ladder at the end of the manhole, you'll get prompted to start the stealth run again, and the only way to get out of it is starting combat and ending it, which will send you back to Nico, who'll thank you and give you another energy cannon. You can do this ad infinitum and gather enough cannons to supply an army.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
This was by far the quickest update to finish. I have yet to try other paths though(I have sided with Nico and killed the protectors commander spec ops-like).

Found a bug btw Vault Dweller. After you're done, if you go back to where you killed the commander and his guards up the ladder at the end of the manhole, you'll get prompted to start the stealth run again, and the only way to get out of it is starting combat and ending it, which will send you back to Nico, who'll thank you and give you another energy cannon. You can do this ad infinitum and gather enough cannons to supply an army.
Thanks, already fixed on our end.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
New update to the Beta build:
Elhoim said:
New Update to the Beta:

- Added more NPCs to interact with.
- Improved visuals on the shuttle bay.
- Tweaks to armor DR.
- Fixed Nazar dialogue score check on joining Nico.
- Protectors correctly leaving after killing Rowley/defending Mother.
- Correctly placed NPCs after events are over.
- You can trade with the trader.
- Fixed factory status not set plus journal not completing when you kill Dumont with the turrets.
- Fixed Evans appearing on habitat banter.
- Fixed lack of sneak skill increase from stealth event.
- Fixed issues with stealth not ending when killing everyone.
- Fixed not being able to report to Moses when achieving an alliance with Jonas.
- Fixed Braxton not being recognized as leader of the pit.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
VD has been teasing some armor sets on the steam forums for his game:
Damaged Heavy Armor:
cwhvyGV.png
Armor with Red Skull:
fVejb3G.png
Armor with Chrome(?) Painting:
QgLZRzw.jpg
Another Damaged Armor:
x6tpQXv.png

Tsubutai

Educated
Gotta say, I'm a little sceptical about the likelihood of the Habitat being finished on schedule. It took them two months to finish the factory, which is basically a long corridor with three fights, and another two months to finish the shuttle bay, which again has only three fights and admittedly a lot of divergent dialogue possibilities based on the player's choices in the pit and the factory. The Habitat is supposed to be much larger than the Pit, with a lot more content and reactivity to decisions made in previous areas of the game plus main quest progression, and it's going to be done in only twice the amount of time it took for the factory? Ehhhhhhhh......

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Gotta say, I'm a little sceptical about the likelihood of the Habitat being finished on schedule. It took them two months to finish the factory, which is basically a long corridor with three fights, and another two months to finish the shuttle bay, which again has only three fights and admittedly a lot of divergent dialogue possibilities based on the player's choices in the pit and the factory. The Habitat is supposed to be much larger than the Pit, with a lot more content and reactivity to decisions made in previous areas of the game plus main quest progression, and it's going to be done in only twice the amount of time it took for the factory? Ehhhhhhhh......
Article 54: Anti-Soviet agitation and propaganda

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Gotta say, I'm a little sceptical about the likelihood of the Habitat being finished on schedule. It took them two months to finish the factory, which is basically a long corridor with three fights, and another two months to finish the shuttle bay, which again has only three fights...
For the record, we did the Factory in a month, not two months. We released the game in early April and it took us 3 weeks to improve the game and the systems, fix issues, etc (we couldn't have ignored the feedback and bug reports), so we started working on it at the end of May, released it on Jun 30. Overall, it's not as simple as this area is a long corridor with 3 fights and the other area is 5 times bigger, ergo it will take 5 times longer. For example, we could have released the Shuttle Bay 2 weeks earlier but we were waiting for the central machine (the launcher) and some portraits.

As for what to expect - the design goal is to introduce all 3 factions properly (until now you've heard rumors and had very limited interactions with the factions' representatives), not to get involved in the local politics right away. Your character's goals will be to figure out what it is you found in the Armory and pick the faction to offer it. Then you'll have to go to the ECLSS and the mutant town. So unlike Maadoran where you arrive, do all quests, move on, you'll have to return to the Habitat several times, so the content will added in stages (much like there will be more content in the Pit after you return from the Habitat).

Right now it seems doable, maybe mid-March instead of end of Feb, but it's hard to predict what issues we might run into. If we have to delay it by 2-3 months, we will and explain why.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It will be ready when its ready, why rush and pressure Vince? Chill out neggas.

Anyway, im still waiting for proper AI routines and generally ambience, music and world building stuff before I dive in again.

I wanna play a world that feels alive <3

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
All things considered. They're still on top of things. Since the first month the game got released into Early Access. They've managed to release 3 new areas: Factory, Shuttlebay, Mission Control. All of which can provide countless hours of entertainment. Plus balance changes, bug fixes, implementing feedback from fans, new weapons/armor. That is also despite the fact they've had to deal with many setbacks during development.

Essentially, the developers are trucking along. Even if they're juggling fifty things at once. I've Faythe they'll deliver the best Space Colony Ship game in the end.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/648410/announcements/detail/3133938480914385548

Why don't you just sit back and relax?

It wasn't easy to pick the best category as the game easily qualifies for them all, even VR, but it's an undeniable fact that most people play it to relax and unwind after a hard day of work. After all, what do your enemies have that you don't? Sure, they outnumber you five to one, and they're armed to the teeth when all you've got is moxie and a pipe gun, but ... what, you're dead already? Ok, reload.

Yeah, courage, determination, that's what wins fights! Hmm, dead again... That was fast. Up and at 'em, I say! Show them what you're made of! If Keanu can do it, so can you! Death screen again? What in the fucking fuck?

Five against one, how is it even fair? You know what, I need a new character. And guns, lots of guns. And a cool name like Revenger or Terrorizer...

"Terrorizer lies motionless, still living but only barely, as the digestive enzymes that have been pumped down his throat do their agonizing work. Death is too long in coming, and the slurry left of his body can hardly even be called a corpse."

Seriously? This is how you gonna do me? Oh it's on! It's fucking on now. Never been so 'relaxed' in my life!

90e161a30ebd1f243005689245c2c5ea6dc33dbc.png

:hero:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Kind of a weird category?

I mean theres another category like rich story telling game? why not pick that?

Or something like made with love or hwatever

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Steam Awards prompt: out of these 2 games that came out this year, which is the game of the year for you?

1. Solasta
  2. Colony Ship
:troll:

*picks Colony Ship*

*Sorin mutters to himself*: "Me, Pink Eye and Elhoim's mother..." *snickers to himself*

:love:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Wooooo! https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3200367300180414358/
December public beta is now live
Welcome to the first system update (available on the public beta branch). The update's big in scope and affects quite a lot, meaning there's a good chance it broke some things that worked fine until now. Don't panic, let us know and we'll fix it within a day.

These changes and improvements reflect the feedback we received over the last 7 months and we'd like to thank everyone who posted suggestions, shared builds, and participated in discussions. That's what Early Access is all about.

While your old saves will work fine, we recommend you to start a new game, at least for feedback purposes. We can't add the changes retroactively to the locations you've already visited.

Changelog:

Difficulty

- Added tutorials (missing videos, work in progress)
- Added Easy difficulty.

Quests and Dialogues

- Maryam's quest can now be completed before going to the Factory (new game needed)
- Expanded dialogue with Nico.
- Added trader in Hydroponics.
- Added stealing opportunities to Fort Stanton trader, Shuttle Bay store and medic.

Stats

- Charisma now adds Neural Resistance. Formula: (CHA-4)x5.

Feats

- New Feat: Slow Metabolism. +1 to stim duration.
- New Feat: Frog Hunter. Against Frogs: +10 Hit Chance, +10 Evasion, +5 Critical Strike. Obtained in Hydroponics.
- Three new mutually exclusive Mutation Feats: Available as a reward for Maryam's quest. The effects increase by stim usage.
- Master Trader is available again: 25% discount on buying, +1 initial disposition.
- Artful dodger now grants +10 evasion when HP is 10 or less (instead of 7).
- Precise Strike increases Flurry, Swing and Double Strike Accuracy +10. Aimed increased to 15.
- Heavy Hitter adds +10 penetration (Knockdown attack accuracy removed).
- Gladiator reaction increased to 25 (from 20).
- Controlled Burst now gives Recoil Control +5.
- Fast Runner also adds +2 free movement.
- Dodge This changed to: Ignores 20 points of cover, reaction attacks have Accuracy +25.

Attacks and Effects

- Bursts: No longer adds evasion penalty, but THC penalty on enemies is doubled. Effect on long bursts is increased by 50%.
- Aimed Burst: Penetration increased to 20%.
- Aimed Head: Criticals no longer result in knockdowns. New effect: stagger for 8 AP, 40% Penetration.
- Knockdown attack: Now aims for the head (Aimed Accuracy bonuses apply to this attack now). Costs 3 AP more to use (from 1).
- Double Shot: Pistols can now do it point blank.

Gadgets

- Added a new tier of gadget upgrades, rebalanced progression. You can now remove upgrades without having to replace them.
- Energy Shield: Shield DR: 3-5-7-9 / Recharge Rate: 3-4-5-6 / Shield HP: 15-25-35-45
- Distortion Field: Ranged THC Penalty: 30-35-40-45 / Zap Damage: 4-6/6-8/8-10/10-12 / THC Penalty: 5-10-15-20 / Duration: 2-3-4-5
- Cloaking Field: Detection per Turn: 50-40-30-20 / Thermal Defense: 10-30-50-70 / Duration: 2-3-4-5

Implant extraction

- You can now extract implants from enemies. Biotech 3: Eye-Datajack / 4: Motor Cortex-Squad Leader / 5: Spine-Heart / 6: Armor
- If 2 points below the check, you get a ruined implant (can be sold).
- If 1 point below, you get a damaged implant. You can then use electronics and an electronic module to fix it.
- All environment extractions use the same system.

Armor

- Armor skill increased to 3 per level.
- Rebalanced penalties, they are a bit higher overall for high DR armors.
- Vest: Assault, Reinforced Ballistic and Riot Light armor now have much higher DR, but don't allow jackets.
- Arm: Scav and Enforcer armguards have much higher DR, but don't allow jackets.
- Increased DR of helmets and boots, and rebalanced penalties.
- Two new armguards added: Ranger and Diver. They allow jackets, and are "upgrades" to the shield and raider ones.
- Two new leg pieces added: Trooper and Diver. They are similar to the enforcer boots but with different focuses.
- Added damaged and "old" variations of many armors. They have slightly lower DR, and are commonly used by enemies. Finding the regular versions is more uncommon.
- Added variations for armors. Some are cosmetic (face masks or worker jackets of different colors), others have unique stats.
- Safety helmets allow eyewear, and lose optical resistance.

New Weapons

- Added a new shotgun (Sharpface in the armory), new automatic rifle (the ambushers in Mission Control), new revolver (dying man in Mission Control).
- Added a Power Saw (Hydroponics), Energy Club (Pit Gang) and Energy Blade (Factory). Might require a new game to obtain.
- Added an energy shotgun (Shipmade). Clayton uses it instead of the damaged energy pistol.
- Added an energy SMG. Hargrave finds this weapon instead of the scoped energy rifle.
- Added clawhammer (blunt weapon).

Weapon Changes

- M16 and M16A damage lowered.
- Increased damage of revolvers by 1.
- Increased max damage of burst only SMGs by 1.
- Tweaked stats of 5 AP SMG, rebalancing damage, reaction, stagger and penetration.
- Tweaked stats of shotguns (lower range and minor damage increases).
- Knockdown: Effect removed from weapons, values moved to stagger (increased).

AI

- AI is less likely to choose very high DR enemies as targets.
- Improved AI grenade usage. If friendlies are in range and they can resist the damage, they'll use it. Same for hitting more enemies than friends.
- Improved AI behavior in close combat, now changes to melee if it can't do enough damage with ballistic snap attacks.
- Attack selection AI now takes into account penetration when checking DR.

Stealth

- Killing someone in stealth removes the cloaking field sneaking bonus until the start of your next turn.
- When an enemy alert level changes and says a phrase, nearby enemies alert level increases a bit as well.
- When an enemy finds a dead body his alert level goes up and generates noise. From now on, his alertness level doesn't go down from 50.
- Improved enemy reaction and memory regarding sounds.

Enemies and looting

- Tweaked the difficulty of several fights.
- Added stims and grenades to several enemies.
- Changed most enemies' armor to worn versions.
- Removed unintended enforcer helmet from regulator.
- Removed some unintended enforcer boots on enemies.
- Changed most of the looted armors to fit the new progression.
- Slightly lowered the amount of stims and grenades that can be looted.
- Increased the level of several grenades that can be bought.
- Added some more armor and weapons to stores.

General

- Jed now has Armored Warfare and Charger instead of Too Close and Controlled Burst. Has slightly higher and more varied skills.
- Super Soldier melee damage reduced to 1-3 (from 2-4) and AP to 4 (from 5).
- Lowered gas grenade area of effect by 1.
- Stasis field expires on turn start, not turn end.
- Knockdown now doesn't remove defense granted by cover or gadgets.
- Tweaked arena layout.
- Reduced the impact on the Brotherhood reputation when you kill Clayton.
- Now showing "Talk to..." near the talk cursor.
- Save screen now shows a screenshot, map name, character level and xp.
- Improved lighting and reflections in the paperdoll.
- You can't loot in combat.

Fixes

- Fixed several instances of missing fades in dialogue.
- Fixed several instances of dialogue skill gains appearing at the wrong time.
- Fixed power vest clipping through jackets.

Enjoy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom