Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

I would've preferred a remaster of Diablo 1. Not that I don't understand why they went with 2.

I will always enjoy the original Diablo more than it's "sequels".

If you're a fan of Diablo 1 you'd want Blizzard to stay as far away from it as possible.

I can't imagine how fucked up Diablo 1 would be in Blizzard's attempts to "modernize" it. Probably would involve copying it into the Diablo 2 engine and adding skill trees.

Zeriel

Arcane
Even if they gave it the D2 Ressurected treatment it would fucking suck. Imagine how much they'd ruin the gameplay by just flat out doubling FPS like they did with D2R and people would just act like its fine because they've never played it and don't understand anything about its gameplay.

Hassar

Scholar
I would've preferred a remaster of Diablo 1. Not that I don't understand why they went with 2.

I will always enjoy the original Diablo more than it's "sequels".

I enjoyed the hell out of D2, but I also think the comic-ization of the franchise started with it - the midget enemies and etc. Even some of the classes and skill ideas. D1’s ambiance was definitely special.

chemicalnatzy

Novice
Played and finished with Necromancer. Loved the graphics, besides Pillars 2 I think it's the most beautiful isometric game.
Gave it a try with controller even but unfortunately they didn't support couch co gaming so I cannot play with my wife. Managed to get my hands on an emulated d3 from Nintendo switch that works great. Diablo 1 was ported successful on Android and you can get it on your phone with the Devolution X app. It even has auto gold pickup.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Shadenuat

Arcane
Time traveling over as I had enuf of shooting cows with Buriza.
How does it feel to play 1.14 after time traveling in 1.0, 1.07 and 1.09? (i lost half gear due to plugy bug, but whatever - most of it in new meta is worthless anyway)
The best comparison I can make: it feels like playing a fan made mod to the game.

my barbo horked vypermagi
but it was etherial.
sad days.

Peachcurl

Cipher
So, what do you people expect in terms of the upcoming balance patch?

a)
incline.png

b)
decline.png

c)
rating_sawyer.gif

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/dia...-resurrected-patch-2-4-highlights-coming-soon

covr

Prophet
Patron
I like it, it is an old game in a great need of some new stuff. IMO there were just a couple of competitive build available for players and this balance patch could enable the game for freaks wanting to play e.g. as a druid-summoner on higher difficulties.

Rebalance of mercs is also a good idea, 90% of players used the same mercenary.

Sykar

Arcane
Well that is due to desert merc having an aura and being able to wield the best weapons like Infinishit.
Rogue can be useful for physical builds via delivering "Amplify" though forgot the name of the unique, Witchtongue or something like that I think.
Jungle mercs were a complete crap shoot due to being neutered by resists and no support for you, minions or group.
Barb had a niche use using a weapon with Sanctuary aura against undead. Otherwise pretty shit.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Can't get worse than the current balancing for some classes and their builds.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
First step for proper balancing, get rid of the retarded synergy system and either remove OP runewords or move them to non-ladder so they have no influence on ladder. Personally I would remove them.

Shit like Enigma definitely needs to go.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Looks like they don't really plan to remove or nerf anything?
Makes sense, that would kinda remove the whole point of just being the original with a graphics update.

Buffing some (nearly) unviable builds makes sense, but they'll probably overbuff at least some of them and unintentionally make them the new standard.
Same with the runewords.
I expect even more OP ladder runewords with special auras etc, probably as part of making other mercs viable

Generic-Giant-Spider

That Carbot guy who makes the amusing animations actually has some good ideas for things like mercenaries/classes in his videos. Usually people that make these videos suggest really dumb shit but his are fairly grounded while shaking things up in a way that doesn't feel like invasive anal rape to everything good and pure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom