Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Gargaune

Magister
I am willing to bet that by the time quantum computers exist, star citizen will be fully playable and fun. That day will arrive in approximately never, of course. Quantum computers aren't real, and never will be, and neither will Star Citizen.
Dude, what do you mean? Star Citizen is already out, Roberts has been playing it since 2012. Dunno about fun, but I hear it's been a very rewarding experience for him.

Perkel

Arcane
696430k0btz71.jpg

Myobi

Liturgist
Imagine bragging about throwing ridiculous amounts of cash at a video game, one that even released yet. How fucking autistic… then people act surprised when companies like EA & Ubisoft pull the sort of shit they do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Imagine bragging about throwing ridiculous amounts of cash at a video game, one that even released yet. How fucking autistic… then people act surprised when companies like EA & Ubisoft pull the sort of shit they do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It does make you root for scammers like chris. At least he takes all that money and lose it on retarded shit that end up in the economy.

Perkel

Arcane
SC LEAKS

Summary:
- CIG internally thinks that SQ42 needs around 2 years to finish
- CIG devs morale on SQ42 is high despite that.
- CIG will not show anything SQ42 anytime soon.
- Pyro mission presentation was based on SQ42 designs and how CIG aproaches SQ42. Aka more open ended missions rather than do this only in X way or you "fail" RDR2 style.
- Nyx system won't be released same year Pyro will.
- TOW Theaters of War (kind of battlefiend game mode) won't be out before server meshing is in. Moreover whole thing was essentially redesigned as studio which was supposed to work on it was bought by Sony. Now it will be much smaller game mode with 2-3 maps only.

Rest is some bullcrap about coming jpegs of ships.

ADL

Prophet
Very happy to hear they're going in the direction of what they showed in the 4.0 presentation veering further into immersive sim territory. Honestly wasn't very interested in SQ42 at all before this.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Are those giant masks that people wear just for halloween or something? Because it makes the game look like a Korean MMO.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...oper-plans-1000-person-manchester-mega-studio

Star Citizen developer plans 1000-person Manchester mega studio

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 developer Cloud Imperium Games plans to open a huge new studio in Manchester, making it one of the UK's largest development houses.

The new office is set to open in May 2022 and rehouse the company's current 400-person team based nearby in Wilmslow, before quickly and dramatically expanding.

A five-year plan will see 700 people fill the building by 2023, before further growth to an eye-opening team size of 1000 by 2026.

Hope Manchester didn't waste any money.

Perkel

Arcane
“CIG internally” also thought that they would release it in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2020.
Mofos sure do a lot of thinking, not so much of releasing.

Those were official ones. SC leaks also said before (at the start of 2020) that beta by end of 2020 is impossible goal to achieve and they CIG was to optimistic about their goals.

Myobi

Liturgist
“CIG internally” also thought that they would release it in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2020.

Those were official ones.

"Don't trust CiG, but trust the supposed leaked info from CiG." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess if anyone wanted a painting of how trustworthy this fucking company is, this is it.

Those were official ones.

"Don't trust CiG, but trust the supposed leaked info from CiG." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess if anyone wanted a painting of how trustworthy this fucking company is, this is it.
More like "Trust the idiotic narrative we're going with today, never mind all the previous narratives or the fact that we'll pretend this one never happened in the near future". It's been one thing like this after another, after a while you stop feeling bad for the true believers and just wishing Chris would get to the flavor-aid portion of the cult.

The real star citizen is right behind haley's comet I bet.

Myobi

Liturgist

Sounds like a far more reasonable release date.

More like "Trust the idiotic narrative we're going with today, never mind all the previous narratives or the fact that we'll pretend this one never happened in the near future". It's been one thing like this after another, after a while you stop feeling bad for the true believers and just wishing Chris would get to the flavor-aid portion of the cult.

The real star citizen is right behind haley's comet I bet.

Hey man, whatever makes them sleep at night you know, I’m not judging.

Actually I'm just spreading FUD on behalf of Derek Smart. He and I have been playing Star Citizen and That Which Sleeps trying to figure out ways to punish Chris Roberts for making poor Smarty look so dumb. Both, obviously, are great and existent games whose creators told no lies about them.

I'm actually shorting the jpeg market.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't wait in the future when we could say that Star Citizen was funded with half a billion of dollars :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom