Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Generic-Giant-Spider

And are you even playing Dragon's Dogma on hard?

WELL AKSHUALLY, DD on Hard is actually easy due to the increased xp/gold you get per enemy and certain augments scaling much better in Hard which you can use to counter the disadvantages they try to impose. I think Pawns also get better in Hard as well or they take less damage or something like that.

me watching as Bitterblack Isle claims another casual soul

Nonsense, BBI is not hard per se, it just requires grinding, getting better equipment, etc. That's only worth it if you really enjoyed the base game. I didn't.

. Enemies have very high damage reduction, so you can only damage them with appropriate weapon, level, enchantment, etc.
I may be mistaken but I think DD has a sort of armour class system similar to DnD where if you aren't reaching the requirement you deal pretty much no damage.

It's even worse than that. In addition to that, there seem to be some damage type thresholds too, like for example the undead ghouls take barely any damage from physical weapons, but enchant a sword with fire and they go down in 2 hits. Some people might enjoy the kind of "swap pawns" or guzzle consumables gameplay that this encourages, but I am not a fan. I much prefer the Dark Souls approach where the focus is on timing, player skill, and understanding enemy mechanics.

since when do Soulsborne games have difficulty options that you can access before beating the game?

They don't, but completing them on regular difficulty is probably harder than Hard in many other games. For example, my DaS1 achievement for completing the game has been gotten by only 20% of players.

And are you even playing Dragon's Dogma on hard?

As my spider minion outlined above, the general consensus seems to be that Hard Mode in DD is actually easier than regular, due to increased exp gain (basically tougher start, but quickly snowballs in much easier mid-late game). So that's why I played it on normal, usually I play RPGs on harder settings.

mogwaimon

Magister
well AKSHUALLY despite Hard mode's EXP bonuses and the like it also seems to scale BBI pretty high because that dungeon is hard as shit on hard mode...I guess that's a moot point though because Porky is opting out of the hardest content in the game despite being a hardcore gamer :smug:

in regards to Soulsborne, they're not really 'that' hard once you get the hang of them with the exception of some areas and bosses...and even then I find it laughable that you're lording a clear of the games over the rest of us as though it makes you superior when the NG+ in those games can scale high enough to be more difficult than the original run. We've all beaten at least one run of Dark Souls here dude.

(also hate to tell ya but your 20% of players achievement? that only applies to the Steam version of the game, not anyone on console. And even then for DaS1 that's split between the PtD edition and Remastered, so....them numbers ain't exactly accurate boi)

EDIT: oh and the original Dragon's Dogma back on the 360 had a harder main game, at least it felt like that to me because I remember it kicking my ass quite a bit more than the Dark Arisen version.

Machocruz

Arcane
In BBI you generally have multiple directions you can go, so if the encounters are too rough on one path, the other one is likely doable and you'll pick up levels and better gear along there, then you come back to the harder path. Or I've seen low level characters, I'm talking level 5, use the explosive barrels laying around to do AoE damage to enemies that far exceeds what they could do themselves. Ranged classes have an extra advantage of being able to set themselves up in places the enemy can't get to them. Maybe because I was willing to class change I never had to grind coming into BBI at 55, though the vast majority of my playtime across all of DD was on Fighter and Mystic Knight. A very unoptimized MK because of this, but oh well.

in regards to Soulsborne, they're not really 'that' hard once you get the hang of them with the exception of some areas and bosses...and even then I find it laughable that you're lording a clear of the games over the rest of us as though it makes you superior when the NG+ in those games can scale high enough to be more difficult than the original run. We've all beaten at least one run of Dark Souls here dude.

(also hate to tell ya but your 20% of players achievement? that only applies to the Steam version of the game, not anyone on console. And even then for DaS1 that's split between the PtD edition and Remastered, so....them numbers ain't exactly accurate boi)

EDIT: oh and the original Dragon's Dogma back on the 360 had a harder main game, at least it felt like that to me because I remember it kicking my ass quite a bit more than the Dark Arisen version.

Dark Souls games are just SOME of the ones I beat that most of you haven't. In terms of %'s and numbers, I have far more impressive achievements.

For example, I beat KCD on Hardcore, which 0.9% of players on Steam did, Shitmaker on Challenging or above (1.1%), D:OS on Tactician (3.0%), Expeditions: Viking on High or above (3.7%), etc. Come at me, breh. ;)

mogwaimon

Magister

Dark Souls games are just SOME of the ones I beat that most of you haven't. In terms of %'s and numbers, I have far more impressive achievements.

For example, I beat KCD on Hardcore, which 0.9% of players on Steam did, Shitmaker on Challenging or above (1.1%), D:OS on Tactician (3.0%), Expeditions: Viking on High or above (3.7%), etc. Come at me, breh. ;)

Well fair enough, I can't claim to have beaten those games. That's not to say that I can't, I just haven't played them yet

Grimlorn

Arcane
Nonsense, BBI is not hard per se, it just requires grinding, getting better equipment, etc. That's only worth it if you really enjoyed the base game. I didn't.
No it doesn't you level up pretty fast in BBI. The only way it would be hard is if you have split damage weapons and therefore can't get past their physical defense and magical defense. Go pure physical weapon and it's fine. Stop making up BS.

Rafidur

Learned
You can start BBI at level 1 with throwblasts and tossing people into pits for exp. Dude just needs to apply his mad dark souls skills and he'll be fine.

Google BBI suggested level: most search results suggest 100+. Some outliers suggest 60+.

Random codex idiot: yeah, when I was a kid, I did BBI at level 10, with both my brain cells tied behind my back...

Grimlorn

Arcane
Google BBI suggested level: most search results suggest 100+. Some outliers suggest 60+.

Random codex idiot: yeah, when I was a kid, I did BBI at level 10, with both my brain cells tied behind my back...
Don't believe everything you read on the internet, retard. Plenty of people have handled it just fine, in this very thread, without making it to level 100 first. I handled it just fine without even beating Grigori and getting my dragon forged eq. I just had to switch off my split damage daggers to a sword I could purchase as an Assassin and that was enough until I got some lvl 1 or lvl 2 Cursed Weapons that turned into daggers and dragon forged them.

Basically you're just a whiny bitch making sweeping statements based on your very limited experience and very very, very, very, very, very poor gaming skills.

fork

It's one of the most fun things you can do in the game.
Solo BBI as soon as you can access it.

Basically you're just a whiny bitch making sweeping statements based on your very limited experience and very very, very, very, very, very poor gaming skills.

Basically, you are some random Codex idiot, who tries too hard to be edgy.

Meanwhile, I am out there completing games on the hard difficulties by the dozen, over and over.

So don't get so upset, kiddo. Porky is just better than you. :smug:

Grimlorn

Arcane
094.jpg

Meanwhile, I am out there completing games on the hard difficulties by the dozen, over and over.
Oh yes we all saw your list of a half dozen games, 3 of which were Souls games which have no difficulty setting. But you haven't beaten Dragon's Dogma until you beat BBI twice and of course finish the main quest.

So don't get so upset, kiddo. Porky is just better than you.
I don't die to bosses like Pinwheel. I also beat Dragon's Dogma solo as well, but keep telling yourself you're the best gamer on this site. You need that kind of delusion to cope with who you are.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

There's a bunch of these, but here's one at random.

Admitting you're a tryhard loser is the first step to recovery. Also, apparently you're as shit at Google as you are at games. Log out and delete your account.

... some shitty meme...

Oh, look I can do these do, and even better!

Grimdork upon seeing Porky win repeatedly:

MYAietN.png

Oh yes we all saw your list of a half dozen games, 3 of which were Souls games which have no difficulty setting.

That was just a quick sampler, you village idiot, why would I sit there and list ALL of the hundreds of games I've completed? Eh?

But you haven't beaten Dragon's Dogma until you beat BBI twice and of course finish the main quest.

Lol, ok buddy... Some of us aren't NEETs like you, you know? What kind of a retard would think you have to finish a game twice to complete it? Oh, that's right, you...

I don't die to bosses like Pinwheel.

That's what you say. But for all we know, maybe you died to him 30 times. Maybe 40. See, I am honest, and just admit when I die or struggle with some fight or whatever, but see-through idiots like you just act like they are perfect, while being very insecure about all the shit that's wrong with them. Tough cookies bre.

Lol, you might be even dumber than Grimdork above. So your counter-argument to the top google results suggesting level 100+ is that some guy made a video about how he broke BBI? So using that logic, do you advise Dark Souls players to fight everything naked at level 1, cause you know, some guy did it? Hahahah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom