Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best video game intro/attract mode video ever?

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I was testing some old PS2 discs and I came upon this masterpiece of video game introductions

Everything about this is fucking A+

Is this the best opening video ever in a videogame? I believe so.

Reality

Learned
Freelancer

Colony Wars

Colony Wars : Vengeance --- This game is great in general with the whole "recontextual the first game as propaganda angle"

Freespace

Last edited:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
I believe there was a similar thread somewhere on the codex (perhaps it was dedicated specifically to intros from *RPGs*, can't remember).

Rome Total War intro

Hobknobling

Learned

This was on a PS1 demo disc and I rewatched this 10 million times. Never actually played the game.

v1rus

Arcane

We have all but destroyed the Jedi Knights. The Old Republic is crippled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom