Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
That's on Owlcat for making a lot of the improved AI behaviours gated behind the higher difficulty settings and lost whenever you switch to custom difficulty
No, you can tag Additional Enemy Behaviors on Core and difficulty will stay Core. Played like this in my very first incomplete run and even got some Core-specific achievements.
Edit: I am wrong, looks like they've patched it out later.
Hmm, should I choose better AI or achievements.. hmm such a tough choice .. GTFO here

Parabalus

Arcane
Using mods before the pace of patching slows to once per month is a very convenient way to kill your game progress. Also, mods that ignore in-game mod manager are... dubious at best.

(I think I'm writing this for the 3d time already).

Patching is a good way to kill your game progress, choose a version and stick with it throughout.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Homm mode could probably be improved by being more, uh, homm. Instead of the current unholy amalgam of broken, clunky homm battles, same overland map that you need to switch back and forth like a sperg and the kingdom management from kingmaker. No need to make it complicated (classic homm definitely isn't), just add some ok hero development system, proper, clear troop recruitment/upgrade tree, a bit of flavor like some items won in battles usable by generals, spend some time and money to add a nice town screen or a spell book. You know, stuff like that, you know the template.

At this point it's hard to even tell what the plan for it was, as it is so obviously half-assed to just kick over the line. The only low-key cool thing about it are the relics you can find and then upgrade.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Using mods before the pace of patching slows to once per month is a very convenient way to kill your game progress. Also, mods that ignore in-game mod manager are... dubious at best.

(I think I'm writing this for the 3d time already).

Patching is a good way to kill your game progress, choose a version and stick with it throughout.
Sadly, in case of Owlcat Games it might be true as well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A Dev stream with special guests! Our Sound Designer: Ilya Efanov, and the Lead Music Composer of Wrath of the Righteous: Dmitry Silantyev!
Follow our official media to stay up-to-date with any and all news:

Yosharian

Arcane
That's on Owlcat for making a lot of the improved AI behaviours gated behind the higher difficulty settings and lost whenever you switch to custom difficulty
No, you can tag Additional Enemy Behaviors on Core and difficulty will stay Core. Played like this in my very first incomplete run and even got some Core-specific achievements.
Edit: I am wrong, looks like they've patched it out later.
I'm pretty sure that there are hidden AI behaviours that are hardcoded into the specific difficulty choices and those are lost when you go custom, I could be wrong but that's what I heard

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Honestly, I see no reason to investigate some conspiracy about hidden parameters when there is explicit one: "Additional enemy behaviors". Casting a buff is an "additional behavior". Casting an offensive spell is a behavior. Even the decision to use one of the inherent abilities like gaze is an additional behavior, because the monster might have no A.I. to trigger it.

They are hardcoded in a way that they are not exposed by any API, and the only way to mod them is through disassembling. However, they can be switched on and off by a global parameter. Or even chosen from several presets.

Supermedo

Augur
I'm 100% sure that owlcat is fucking with me, every knowledge spellcheck I roll 1, I need to load 3-4 times to get anything more than 3.
this isn't normal, every god damn skill check the game roll 1 or 2, does anybody else have this happen to him?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Skill checks do not autofail on 1's, in opposite to attack rolls and saving throws. Use Guidance religiously until you meet Sosiel. Then he will be... touching you. For good.

Thonius

Arcane
Near the end of the game, just need to march on to Threshold.

However, it is blocked by a level 12 fortress. My main army is still only level 12.

Any quick way to level up my main army aside from skipping days to additional reinforcements to my army?

Is there any major downsides to simply disabling Crusade management at this point? I don't want to spend another 100+ hours on just Crusade army battles.
Just use magic.

Supermedo

Augur
Skill checks do not autofail on 1's, in opposite to attack rolls and saving throws. Use Guidance religiously until you meet Sosiel. Then he will be... touching you. For good.
I understand it doesn't auto fall but it doesn't make sense when I have +21 World Knowledge and I fail the skill check with DC of 23 because I rolled a one.
If I roll the occasional one die, I say it is luck but even I load game and I get die over 3 in the fifth try then there something wrong.

Maybe enhanced inventory mod is screwing something up but I doubt it but I will try to disable it and see if it makes a difference

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Every statement from the "common sense" point of view is false, if it is about probabilities and statistics. Those who could have granted us an ability to understand random events had been eaten by leopards long before they could walk on 2 legs.

However, if you think that it's due to a mod - then uninstall it, why not.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So I need suggestions for a melee based Death Knight (Lich). I needs to be able to cast arcane spells so I can get to CL 25 and have even 1 round per level spells last 24h. But it will fight with weapons, I don't plan to take any caster based feats except maybe Extend spell.

Yosharian

Arcane
So I need suggestions for a melee based Death Knight (Lich). I needs to be able to cast arcane spells so I can get to CL 25 and have even 1 round per level spells last 24h. But it will fight with weapons, I don't plan to take any caster based feats except maybe Extend spell.
Sword Saint makes an insanely powerful gish and with the Lich weapon abilities you get, your elemental barrage hits will be fucking nuts. Make sure you are Lawful, and use a Holy weapon (you won't get penalties), and just go to town.

Dip Oracle, Scaled Fist and Hellknight for massive CHA bonus cheese.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sword Saint makes an insanely powerful gish and with the Lich weapon abilities you get, your elemental barrage hits will be fucking nuts. Make sure you are Lawful, and use a Holy weapon (you won't get penalties), and just go to town.

Dip Oracle, Scaled Fist and Hellknight for massive CHA bonus cheese.
I don't want cheese, just a straight class/prestige class build. Game is already too easy. Originally I was planning Inquisitor as it fits better thematically but you cannot merge spellbooks.

Sword Saint is one weapon guy, I was thinking with Vampiric Blade I should go two weapons :D
Or maybe melee Skald, he can do Pounce?!

Seems Bloodrager could also fit this, did they fix Bloodrage abilities?

Why Lawful?

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The only low-key cool thing about it are the relics you can find and then upgrade.
Some of the results are cool. The process isn't. You receive a random item, spend resources + tying up your diplomacy council for a week on it. Then maybe you get a choice of items immediately. Maybe you get an intermediate step. Maybe you get a choice between 3 weapon types, none of which any of your characters can use. Maybe you could have used it if you had picked wand in the intermediate step, but you picked armor and none of them are useful (which is a fun thing to realize after 2 weeks of in game time).

Sword Saint makes an insanely powerful gish and with the Lich weapon abilities you get
Sword saint can't merge spellbooks, since it doesn't have full arcane casting.

I don't want cheese, just a straight class/prestige class build. Game is already too easy.
There's only 3 classes that can merge spellbooks with lich: arcanist, sorc and wizard. And you won't get CL25 on a lot of spells without merging. And sorc is the clear superior choice for a gish, since it has medium bab. Then you can take eldritch knight (-1 CL) or dragon disciple (-3 CL) as you please. Lich adds 13 CL in total iirc, 10 from mythic levels and 3 from mythic ability.

Yosharian

Arcane
The only low-key cool thing about it are the relics you can find and then upgrade.
Some of the results are cool. The process isn't. You receive a random item, spend resources + tying up your diplomacy council for a week on it. Then maybe you get a choice of items immediately. Maybe you get an intermediate step. Maybe you get a choice between 3 weapon types, none of which any of your characters can use. Maybe you could have used it if you had picked wand in the intermediate step, but you picked armor and none of them are useful (which is a fun thing to realize after 2 weeks of in game time).

Sword Saint makes an insanely powerful gish and with the Lich weapon abilities you get
Sword saint can't merge spellbooks, since it doesn't have full arcane casting.

I don't want cheese, just a straight class/prestige class build. Game is already too easy.
There's only 3 classes that can merge spellbooks with lich: arcanist, sorc and wizard. And you won't get CL25 on a lot of spells without merging. And sorc is the clear superior choice for a gish, since it has medium bab. Then you can take eldritch knight (-1 CL) or dragon disciple (-3 CL) as you please. Lich adds 13 CL in total iirc, 10 from mythic levels and 3 from mythic ability.
You can use mods to merge SS with Lich I think.

Sorc has Low BAB dunno why you think it has Medium

Lich adds 13CL?? Holy shit.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You can use mods to merge SS with Lich I think.
Probably? That's basically cheating though.
Sorc has Low BAB dunno why you think it has Medium
I R dumb apparently. Maybe I confused it with dragon disciple, who gets medium?
I still think it's the best choice since sorc bloodlines add natural armor/stacking stat bonuses/etc. But it might be worth going wizard just to get more buffs. Especially if you aren't dipping monk for the AC.
Lich adds 13CL?? Holy shit.
Each mythic level adds 1 CL, and the lich gets a special ability at level 5 which adds 2CL to the entire party. So it's 12 total.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Merging swordsaint with lich? that doesn't seem right. Only FULL divine casters can merge with Angel and only FULL arcane casters can merge with Lich.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Btw witch can merge with lich too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom