Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I've seen so many of Fantadomat's posts that I've come to associate the Thief 2 cover art with him, and whenever I see it I imagine Garrett speaking in slightly broken English about fags and trannies

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've seen so many of Fantadomat's posts that I've come to associate the Thief 2 cover art with him, and whenever I see it I imagine Garrett speaking in slightly broken English about fags and trannies

Codexers ruin many a character with their avatars.

Many of us felt the same way about Kaiserin and SMA using VV and Kaelyn the Dove avatars back in the day.

Certainly adds a new aspect to those characters anyhow.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
RPGs are now for validating the concerns of the marginalized
As they were always

Back in the day you didn't need to dress like a woman to be marginalized. All it took was being a nerd.
What is the difference? Nerds tend to end up as faggot trannies that like to dress like women.
so what color is your favorite dress of choice for browsing rpgcodex? Mine is salmon pink.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

Many of us felt the same way about Kaiserin and SMA using VV and Kaelyn the Dove avatars back in the day.

I can't ever see this guy anymore without going "behead all muslims, including their women and children"

RjrCmWl.png

At least my current avatar is obscure enough.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

I can't ever see this guy anymore without going "behead all muslims, including their women and children"

RjrCmWl.png

At least my current avatar is obscure enough.

phillyd wants to see your boobs, will you comply or be forced to watch his show for all time?

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Truth in advertising.

I joined in 2007, because I thought it was a gaming discussion forum. It mostly was.

There was enough jank then that I self-ejected almost immediately, yet years later frustrated with moderation from some developer forums, I came back... and the answer to that question, like the voting in this poll, was ???

Truth in advertising.

Also, for those with wrinkles in their grey matter, these options are not mutually exclusive.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Australia will introduce legislation to make social media giants provide details of users who post defamatory comments, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Sunday.

The government has been looking at the extent of the responsibility of platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, for defamatory material published on their sites and comes after the country's highest court ruled that publishers can be held liable for public comments on online forums.

The ruling caused some news companies like CNN to deny Australians access to their Facebook pages.

australianews-cropped-149am.jpg

Australia's Prime Minister Scott Morrison speaks during a press conference at Parliament House in Canberra, Monday, Sept. 7, 2020. (Mick Tsikas/AAP Image via AP)

"The online world should not be a wild west where bots and bigots and trolls and others are anonymously going around and can harm people," Morrison said at a televised press briefing. "That is not what can happen in the real world, and there is no case for it to be able to be happening in the digital world."

The new legislation will introduce a complaints mechanism, so that if somebody thinks they are being defamed, bullied or attacked on social media, they will be able to require the platform to take the material down.

If the content is not withdrawn, a court process could force a social media platform to provide details of the commenter.

"Digital platforms - these online companies - must have proper processes to enable the takedown of this content," Morrison said.

"They have created the space and they need to make it safe, and if they won't, we will make them (through) laws such as this."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...force-media-platforms-to-unmask-online-trolls

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
"They have created the space and they need to make it safe, and if they won't, we will make them (through) laws such as this."

The internet may not always be the most tasteful of places, but not safe? What's going to happen to you there considering that they're not addressing scammers, identity theft, or financial crime which are areas where the internet can actually expose you to harm?

Oh no, some Codexers think I'm a moron. I have experienced egregious harms to my sense of self! :cry:

I guess it was only a matter of time in a world that requires labels to remind idiots not to eat paint.

Ladonna

Arcane
Truth in advertising.

I joined in 2007, because I thought it was a gaming discussion forum. It mostly was.

There was enough jank then that I self-ejected almost immediately, yet years later frustrated with moderation from some developer forums, I came back... and the answer to that question, like the voting in this poll, was ???

Truth in advertising.

Also, for those with wrinkles in their grey matter, these options are not mutually exclusive.

Qwinn? Is that you?

Humbaba

Arcane

The internet may not always be the most tasteful of places, but not safe? What's going to happen to you there considering that they're not addressing scammers, identity theft, or financial crime which are areas where the internet can actually expose you to harm?

Oh no, some Codexers think I'm a moron. I have experienced egregious harms to my sense of self! :cry:

I guess it was only a matter of time in a world that requires labels to remind idiots not to eat paint.

I suppose it's to censor anti-LGBTQ, anti-democratic and anti-Soros opinions.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
yeah Codex should be a fitness site

i was about to buy heavier dumbbells, > 30Kg each, until I realised I can actually do a lot more with bands like combine them, and grip them closer to the bottom for more stress
seems to be a good stop gap for now

We don't actually live in a world that requires labels like that. At least, not to prevent significant injury. We live in a world where corporate lawyers fear there is a nonzero chance of a moron who manages to hurt themselves doing something ridiculously stupid, like self dentistry with a power drill, being able to convince 12 people that it was a corporation's fault he did that stupid thing.

It's not necessarily that people are THAT stupid. The problem is, we can be convinced that it's reasonable to expect to be able to survive while being that stupid. If a jury hears a moron drank a gallon of paint then died, their response should be "Good, one less moron" not "This is all the fault of Big Paint!!!"

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
That's what the site owner of kiwifarms is doing as well, btw:
With #3 I am subscribed to 0day trackers so if something compromises the version of the software we're on I will find a way to patch it out. Don't want to say much more than that.
Yeah, but for the time being, he plans to just use it as is and pirate any necessary updates. :M

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
XenForo discontinued our license.

View attachment 21847

The results of this decision are:
1. We can continue using the software, as it is, indefinitely.
2. I will no longer receive customer support.
3. I will not get updates to the software.

With #3 I am subscribed to 0day trackers so if something compromises the version of the software we're on I will find a way to patch it out. Don't want to say much more than that.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/xenforo-has-revoked-our-license.106654/#post-10603944

DarkUnderlord Taluntain Is there a plan B if Xenforo revokes the Codex's license as well?

Suffice it to say, it wouldn't kill the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom