Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Describe a game in such a way that it's impossible to guess what it actually is. Others guess.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Two games in one short sentence (easy) :

What can change the nature of war ?

Radiane

Cipher
The antagonist pays a huge amount of money on personal cosmetic products

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
What has no weight, can be seen with the naked eye, and if you put it in a hole, it will make the hole lighter?
I think the dungeon is talking to me.
Are you sure the compass is pointing in the right direction?
Hang on, the Vorpal Sword doesn't do any more damage than a regular sword. I've been had! Oh, wait, it can do that...? Muahahaha!
The player characters in this game are weird, we have the duke of a group of religious fanatics, a Playboy Playmate, a viking, and possibly the ultimate evil.
Dungeon Master.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
What has no weight, can be seen with the naked eye, and if you put it in a hole, it will make the hole lighter?
Hang on, the Vorpal Sword doesn't do any more damage than a regular sword. I've been had! Oh, wait, it can do that...? Muahahaha!
The player characters in this game are weird, we have the duke of a group of religious fanatics, a Playboy Playmate, a viking, and possibly the ultimate evil.
Dungeon Master.

t67Y7pT.gif

Arbiter

Scholar
1. It was inspired by sci-fi, but started one of the most famous fantasy franchises.

2. It tempered the ego of a Ferrari driver.

3. An installment of a respected series that demonstrated the risks of outsourcing to everyone's favorite outsourcing destination.

4. Duke Nukem retires in this game and it is not a Duke Nukem title.

5. Your pet dies at the end, but the story is not important. - solved by Spukrian

I owe everyone an explanation - I read the thread title without looking at the first post, so 4 out of 5 games in my list are not RPGs.

Arbiter

Scholar
3. An installment of a respected series that demonstrated the risks of outsourcing to everyone's favorite outsourcing destination.
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs?

No, it's an ARPG.

4. Duke Nukem retires in this game and it is not a Duke Nukem title.
Blood? Or maybe Powerslave/Exhumed?

No, there's a dead body of Duke in a Blood secret, but this is not what I meant by "retired". It is a game that makes fun of its competitors, one of which is Duke Nukem.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Dungeon Master.
Yes, admittedly I think the Playboy Playmate comparison was a bit of a deep cut, but RPG Codex member would have been a dead giveaway.

Arbiter

Scholar
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs?

No, it's an ARPG.

Ark*nia?

Very warm.
Fallen gods: gothic 3

Actually "Forsaken", not "Fallen", but yes, the infamous expansion to Gothic 3.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
It's a long road to duke it out with medieval Darth Vader. Start by flinging rocks and stuff at bugs and goblins.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
First:
You meet a guy who teaches you to become more russian more effective while being piss drunk, have a threesome and chat up a very moist dragon.

Second:
A young man graduates from school, goes murderhobo on the countryside while aquiring enough scars on his face in few hours to look like a chessboard, despite wearing a full helmet. He also rescues his sister through a bossfight that made me roll around in circles like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Totally RPGs. The very definiton no less according to consoltards.
:troll:

Second:
A young man graduates from school, goes murderhobo on the countryside while aquiring enough scars on his face in few hours to look like a chessboard, despite wearing a full helmet. He also rescues his sister through a bossfight that made me roll around in circles like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Totally RPGs. The very definiton no less according to consoltards.
:troll:
Fable?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Awww, y'all are too pro for my riddles. :oops:

Well, congrats to you two, tell your mums I granted you the requisition of a single love infused cookie. :salute:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When I played this game as a teen, I had to start a new playthrough after stealing a valuable book, selling it to some vendor in a middle-of-nowhere town, and later finding out I need it for the main quest... at which point I had completely forgotten whom I've sold it to!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
When I played this game as a teen, I had to start a new playthrough after stealing a valuable book, selling it to some vendor in a middle-of-nowhere town, and later finding out I need it for the main quest... at which point I had completely forgotten whom I've sold it to!
you arent that young but it awfully sounds like my kcd experience, turns up game was completly unprepared for player stealthing and stealing everything from monastery before main questline even hinted that you need to get there

Sharpedge

Prophet
This sounds like Morrowind for some reason. Stealing the book from Jobasha's Rare Books and then selling it, when you needed it for the main quest. I had that exact experience in my first playthrough as well :D

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
This sounds like Morrowind for some reason. Stealing the book from Jobasha's Rare Books and then selling it, when you needed it for the main quest. I had that exact experience in my first playthrough as well :D

Precisely. The book in question was Progress of Truth. I found it on a stack of books behind Jobasha's back, it had a large monetary value, I stole it and sold it elsewhere.
Only hours later did I receive the quest to procure a copy!

Sharpedge

Prophet

Precisely. The book in question was Progress of Truth. I found it on a stack of books behind Jobasha's back, it had a large monetary value, I stole it and sold it elsewhere.
Only hours later did I receive the quest to procure a copy!
Years later I discovered that you don't need to restart the game if that happens, by the way. There is a second copy of the book hidden away in the Vivec Library, but its off limits and you have to steal it if you want to obtain that one.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Years later I discovered that you don't need to restart the game if that happens, by the way. There is a second copy of the book hidden away in the Vivec Library, but its off limits and you have to steal it if you want to obtain that one.

My thievery skills were in no way adequate to get my hands on that copy though.

Alphons

Cipher
You have a series of dream revelations after murdering a priest and commiting a terrorist attack. Later you discover that your biological dad was Allah and he wanted you to continue the Jihad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom