Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't think anyone shared this, but it looks like Owlcat has worked on some new portraits.
New portraits is really nice. Don't care at all about the 3d face of my characters, you never see it in game. Anything detail smaller than long/short hair is lost at the zoom level.
Oh, interesting. Also a new side quest for act 5 it seems. Least of the games problems tbh
The game is already too long, and you'll already hit level 20 after one or two sidequests in act 5. It really doesn't need more content.
Everyone complained how Act 5 is short and empty so I would guess it does need more content.

I agree. Mommy Areelu wife dlc!
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! You are a good other mommy wifes wife scholar friend anon anon! You are!
X7QB5bj.jpg

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The game is already too long, and you'll already hit level 20 after one or two sidequests in act 5. It really doesn't need more content.

I never understood this complaint. If you don't want more optional content, simply don't play it. The rest of us will gladly gobble it up.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I never understood this complaint. If you don't want more optional content, simply don't play it. The rest of us will gladly gobble it up.
This optional content represents development time that would be better spent fixing bugs or improving the content that already exists.

ArchAngel

Arcane

This optional content represents development time that would be better spent fixing bugs or improving the content that already exists.
That is also false argument because different developers do different things. People that create quests and maps and content are not same people that fix bugs.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Optional content can highly affect pacing. A good example is POE2 where the 3 dlcs and many good quests are locked to the lategame. At that point the story and faction conflict will be at their climax and yet in order to play the dlc you bought you have to spend 15 hours doing side content, ruining the pacing and shattering immersion.

That said I'm fine with more content in act 5, as it is I don't believe WOTR has any lategame pacing issues.

Ghulgothas

Arcane

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I will note that apart from merging spellbooks and Spell Specialization feats, there are items that can raise your Caster Level a little for certain schools (for example Transmutation - Haste).
So 24hr Haste can be obtainable without spellbook merge - but late game and it needs high focus.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If a character is so annoying that people keep talking about her - then it is a well done (hehe) character. Judging by this, there are no bad companions in Wrath, and some NPC's are very good, too.

Sunri

Liturgist
If a character is so annoying that people keep talking about her - then it is a well done (hehe) character. Judging by this, there are no bad companions in Wrath, and some NPC's are very good, too.

there are no bad companions in Wrath

greybor-companion-pathfinder-wotr-wiki-guide-300px.jpg

seelah-companion-pathfinder-wotr-wiki-guide-300px.jpg
hmm yea top tier npces very memorable

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sunri Having duscussions around Seelah taught me that true Americans are so racist that they can attribute an accent to a skin color. That is why changing her portrait through the visual adjustment mod is not enough for them.

If it does not make Seelah the most thought-provoking companion in the game then what does.

Supermedo

Augur
Honestly Seelah isn't bad but greybor in the other hand... he is so edgy that I get a papercut every time I read his dialogue.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly Seelah isn't bad but greybor in the other hand... he is so edgy that I get a papercut every time I read his dialogue.
Seelah's not bad. She's worse. But, to be fair, it's a contest between them two. Fighting for the cup of the worst companion in the game.

Everyone else is fine by me, but them two are nails on a chalkboard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom