Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ho Tu Lo Shu, really interesting open-world wuxia RPG. Has lots of non-linearity and multiple outcomes to quests, as well as good turn-based combat with action points. Only issue is that it's all machine-translated by DeepL... it's playable, but can be very messy.

jWpUe07.png

jBk3Ejl.png

FV16Apu.png

VGnMlVh.png

7Y839lh.png

YtS1JYK.png

kaFX3XY.png

PwqxCKG.png

nkMsxpz.png
It's good to see more people trying this out.

YldrE

Learned
9jEsjUQ.png

Would never have expected DICE of all people to have a subcampaign where you play as a WWII German. Even the "decent guy becomes jaded and realizes he works for an army of assholes" angle is pretty modest.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Glory to the first men to die ! Charge !

Time for some air support

Ready to unleash eleven barrels of hell!

The game still looks gorgeous, especially in motion.

Danikas

Arcane
One thing that struck me as odd about KCD is how uncommon spears are, and how impractical the game mechanics make them.
Bigger problem is total lack of mounted combat in a medieval setting :hahano: Henry is the only one that can use a horse for more than travel something that should be improved in the sequel also no crossbows in a game that takes place in 15th century still a good game but some obvious things are missing.

If the sequel is supposed to take place during the hussite wars they need to add hand cannons into the game those weapons are omitted in almost every medieval game when in fact by the 15th century they were commonly used by armies of the time.

1280px-lgehumble_1400h5jb7.jpg

06-357b9kq6.png

Last edited:

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Would never have expected DICE of all people to have a subcampaign where you play as a WWII German. Even the "decent guy becomes jaded and realizes he works for an army of assholes" angle is pretty modest.

I actually played this recently. This mission had a cool atmosphere, but DICE never figured out how to make good single player missions for Battlefield despite their fun core gameplay. Wasn't surprised when they ditched the campaign for the new one.

Funny that just a few years ago a AAA WWII shooter releases with a subcampaign playing as a German tank commander, but in the new CoD you can't even pick an Axis operator for multiplayer.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gates of Hell: Ostfront

Just some pictures from a random skirmish in a now forgotten place...

P8vD5y4.jpg

The first line of defense of the Germans hilltop defenders get destroyed from a surprise Soviet attack. Grenades and submachine-gun fire cuts the men short!

XIIGHhu.jpg

But all is not lost! A few brave German defenders hold on and repel the advancing Soviets.

5XXP6Vs.jpg

Close quarter battle like this requires nerves of steel. Especially if you are only equipped with a dinky bolt action rifle while your enemy comes with submachine-guns a plenty!

FjxkNQ8.jpg

Heer soldat taking careful aim from a concealed position in the flank of the attacking Soviets. A smarter commander would have given him a machinegun ;)

TDlKs0s.jpg

A brave Soviet officer charges on and pushes his cowering men to do the same. Unfortunately for him it didn't work. While the Soviets had the initial surprise they didn't manage to do anything meaningful with it. This day Hamburger hilltop remain in German hands.

HansDampf

Arcane
I8b8hxk.jpg

3kZ8zqT.jpg

Despite my 0 Deaths goal, I didn't want to shy away from combat-heavy quests. I remember how this questline to protect Rubin had killed me couple of times until I gave up and ignored it (you get permanently punished for every death across all saves). You have to fight 4 of these Odongh bastards in the dark, and they are tough.

IJBRmky.jpg

This time, I came prepared.

AfIwpT1.jpg

It went pretty well. Still had to kill one with a knife.

kjsfYjC.jpg

Then I extracted their organs and used them to brew some pain killers to heal my wounds.
:thumbsup:

RDsw3Dq.jpg

80AlI8L.jpg

Herb bride literally translates to Kraut Braut. :M

ecY62wy.jpg

Silly kids, but the plague does indeed whisper to you when you are infected.

v2DsPvj.jpg

5Hd5Pl6.jpg

wyi5dvy.jpg

At least everyone on my list is still alive, and I'm prepared for the final act.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gates of Hell: Ostfront

Just some pictures from a random skirmish in a now forgotten place...

P8vD5y4.jpg

The first line of defense of the Germans hilltop defenders get destroyed from a surprise Soviet attack. Grenades and submachine-gun fire cuts the men short!

XIIGHhu.jpg

But all is not lost! A few brave German defenders hold on and repel the advancing Soviets.

5XXP6Vs.jpg

Close quarter battle like this requires nerves of steel. Especially if you are only equipped with a dinky bolt action rifle while your enemy comes with submachine-guns a plenty!

FjxkNQ8.jpg

Heer soldat taking careful aim from a concealed position in the flank of the attacking Soviets. A smarter commander would have given him a machinegun ;)

TDlKs0s.jpg

A brave Soviet officer charges on and pushes his cowering men to do the same. Unfortunately for him it didn't work. While the Soviets had the initial surprise they didn't manage to do anything meaningful with it. This day Hamburger hilltop remain in German hands.
How's the game?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How's the game?

Pretty damn good if you use a couple of mods. But that depends on what you like of course. I find the vanilla damage from rifles etc way too low. But there is mods that fixes that issue. I have not touched the singleplayer campaign or multi yet, only the dynamic campaign, and so far it has been really enjoyable. Also using a mod for that setting.

First person for tanks is damn awesome. Graphics is on Arma 1 and maybe 2 level in that mode, so quite impressive for a RTS I think :)

Game is on a 60% sale too currently.

Beggar

Cipher
It doesn't take long before your squad start to look like this instead of relatively low profile sci fi modern movie soldiers
20211125202507-1.jpg

Finished it while listening to Hypocrisy yelling about aliens from the underground, what a coincidence

20211125201905-1.jpg

I wasn't expecting it to be hard. Took me 3 campaigns to win the game. First one I lost because avatar project was completed, second one I fucked up because my party was shit and I literally breezed through it on my third try

20211125202101-1.jpg

7.2/10 from me

Curratum

Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Revelations is where RE finally clicked with me, really felt like where the series is at its best: good balance between action and slow tension, non-tank modern TPS controls, and a grounded story compared to the mainline.

Someone who doesn't like RE in general can still enjoy Rev1/2 as slower-paced story shooters.

That is so weird to my brain. I like both RE4 and even 5, and I never thought Revelations had the visual charm and exotic, attractive locations that make a very big and important part of the games for me.

Edit: Nevermind, turns out Revelations 2 is a 5-hour game anyway, so it doesn't really matter :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Curratum

qaqkLtH.jpg

xzYPld8.jpg

fZ4k3yd.jpg

1hShvGu.jpg

Northern Journey

This game just keeps giving and giving and giving. The noise / fog is much better-looking ingame and in motion too, just noticed how grainy it looks on screenshots. This guy is one of the greatest mood and environmental artists of our time. There is no pretense here, no marketing and crafty "art style" to appeal to certain audiences or sell more copies. This is just raw talent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom