Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if from now on all videogames are bad?

catfood

AGAIN
Doesn't matter. There are tons of old games that I haven't played, and for those that I have played there are and will be many mods available. If they stopped making games entirely I would be happy with it.

Norfleet

That is a given. Entropy must always increase, so there is always more, and it is always worse. At some point, if it hasn't happened already, things will become what you consider "bad", and it will only get worse from there. Net improvement is a physical impossibility. Even local improvement will only occur at the cost of greater net decline, and unless you're the one doing the improving, it won't be local to YOU.

tritosine2k

Erudite
At this point some "experience" - s like they have on VR could be easily better than the AAA crowdpleaser (?) stuff. Especially if bundled with affordable new HW.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Those who haven' played ATOM:Trudograd and Vagrus The Riven Realms, both excellent RPGs that got released a month ago, have no right to bitch. There are literally 30+ good RPGs released in past 10years that you haven't still played. Annoy me enough and I'll list them all. Bitch Faggots

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have about 600 unplayed games in my GOG and Steam Accounts. Between work, family and other hobbies I can complete about 3 or 4 a year. Maybe it will be more when I retire. In a very optimistic scenario, I have about 55 years left to live.
You do the math and guess how much I care about new games being shit from now on :)

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
From a cultural perspective, its horrifying. From a player's perspective, it doesn't really matter. There are probably millions of video games out there right now, and while they're mostly bad, there's probably tens of thousands of games that are actually good. The amount of time to take to play all of them is longer than the lifespan of the longest lived human. Take into account that you won't always be playing video games, well, there's not really much to worry about. Even if you don't like all the good games (tastes are subjective after all) there's still other mediums like books and movies which have also surpassed the amount of time you will live. If for some reason you've still run out of stuff to do (not sure how, there are probably more individual books than there are humans) there's this little known medium called "outside" which I understand has had a big influence on the other mediums.

0wca

Learned
Nah. I doubt that they'll always be bad from now on. Necessity is the mother of all invention which means that sooner or later the trend will go up in quality again.

However, before that happens, gaming is gonna hit ground zero of quality, it will lose its dominance on the culture for a while and then only those with enough balls and a dream will set out to make them, which means the quality will go up because they'll be made by people with a passion for making them and not just some hipsters wanting to make a quick buck.

Then the industry will start up again, become too big for its own good and the whole cycle will repeat again.

Welcome to the wheel fellow hamster.

:hero:

Cazzeris

Then you will discover that people are stupid.

When I joined this forum, everybody said that gaming had died 15 years before. Now they talk about Dragon's Dogma like it was some miraculous gift.

Which reminds me that games don't fall from Heaven. If gamers can really distinguish a bad game, then there is no stop between them and good game development

Cazzeris

Now that I think of it, the admin used to be so trigger-happy with the Fanboy! tags. If you had a positive stance about any particular game, it was very likely that you'd get tagged. I was so sure I would get one eventually, because only visceral people remained tag-free.

I guess the games got better now, the newspage is more rich and I don't see many Fanboys!

EDIT: But see, there are two people with Edgy! tags in this thread only. That tag was once destined for extremely vicious posters. Now the times are better, so negativity is more notorious and punished

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
all games from now on cant be bad if ELEX2 is yet to be released

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom