Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Nexus Now Disallowing Creators To Delete Their Mods (Aug 5 Cutoff Date Passed)

Codex Year of the Donut
Reading the Codex terms of service made me think of this thread.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service.

Wolfstorm

Novice
Hi. This is my first post here.
I supported the Nexus move for the removal of deletions, and will support them again if they remove the permissions system. This system is unnatural and I consider it a abomination. It goes against everything modding stands for.
If you share your mods freely, expect people using it in ways you didn't anticipated. Such is the nature of modding: we build on each other's shoulders. Only the Bethesda modding scene is different: there we see mod authors DMCA'ing each other, instead of building content together.
If you want proprietary controls, don't make mods, make games, using UE or Unity. Modding is amateur work, it is a hobby, we do it for ourselves, and only share to see other modders expanding on our own work. Now mod authors are afraid of sharing their works and be banned from the Nexus for doing it, because they used a shrub from a parlor diva.

If there is a online campaign for the removal of the permissions system, please let me know so that I can sign it. This would be the next logical step after the removal of deletions: enforce open source on the Nexus, against the wishes of prima donnas. They say Wrye was against this, however he was writing in 2005, and things were different back then. Back then we didn't see mod authors being punished for releasing content.

Ravielsk

Magister
Hi. This is my first post here.
I supported the Nexus move for the removal of deletions, and will support them again if they remove the permissions system.

Yup, same here. I really cannot stand it when I find a good but old mod recommendation only to learn that the OG author took it down and now no one is even allowed to continue his work because of "muh permission". The original author could be dead for all the community knows but until they give their blessing you are not allowed to even touch their work.

Just Skyrim has several utility mods that are exclusive to the legendary edition for no other reason than the author did not allow porting them. Even uploading self made ports is no allowed. Its just one of those things that entirely undermines the whole concept of modding as a whole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom