Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Is Divinity: Original Sin the single most annoying RPG ever?

Is D:OS EE the most annoying RPG ever?

• Yes, I want to murder the Cheese Vendor, Charla, and the cats!

• No, I've played worse (how though?)

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Norfleet

What, you don't like the cheese vendor?

No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!

Poseidon00

Arcane
Porky's first point is spot on. These fucking NPCs repeat their lines a second after they say them, without skipping a beat, carnival barkers everywhere, even the skeletons. Truly the worst part.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Lmao you guys sound like the Grinch on Christmas.

Yeah the writing is bad but so what? Play on hard and you will have a fun combat/explorefag time.

Linearity and pixel hunt were bigger offenders to me to be honest.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
I haven't played D:OS EE nor the sequel, but pre-EE Original Sin was a fine, fine game, and whie its writing was mostly garbage, from time to time there were actually some very charming bits. Go back to play shitty RTwP games, you retarded storyfags.

Linearity and pixel hunt were bigger offenders to me to be honest.
This, and also the cooldown based magic system. Original Sin was far from perfect, but next to anything Obsidian or Bioware it was a masterpiece. Unlike many other studios, Larian deserved its success.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I couldn't finish the first chapter of D:OS 2.

Admittedly, the whole beginning kind of sucks. But even on the first island it gets pretty damn good.

I think we were all initially fooled by the better writing in DOS2 - it's just that one's interest in the gameplay (or at least mine) falls off a cliff pretty quickly because of the shields thing.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

BarbequeMasta

Learned

Admittedly, the whole beginning kind of sucks. But even on the first island it gets pretty damn good.
As a rule, Larian games get only worse the more you progress through them, they frontload their games harder than any dev I know. D:OS2 peaks in Fort Joy.

Does that mean BG3 EA is as good as it's going to get? :)
Of course.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

As a rule, Larian games get only worse the more you progress through them, they frontload their games harder than any dev I know. D:OS2 peaks in Fort Joy.

Of course.
Stay in your Cuckfinder containment threads you filth.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Of course.

Pathfinder is better in ruleset, adaptation of the ruleset, amount of content(over 1000 spells), quality of content and so on. As a 5E game, Solasta still way better than BG3. If their next game become Pf2e, then I believe that we can compare it with BG3 cuz pf will lose a lot of interesting things.

IIRC I dropped the game shortly after leaving Cyseal because the game took a massive nosedive in content quality, but I don’t recall finding it all that annoying up till then. The music in particular I remember being excellent, with the tavern theme being the rare enjoyable ear-worm.

V_K

Arcane
For me, the annoying parts were not so much NPCs and plot as the unresponsive and click-heavy UI (especially inventory and trading), loot treadmill (that meant having to use inventory and trading UI a lot more than necessary) and uninspired level design. It's not just that it doesn't get better than Cyseal, even within Cyseal it doesn't get better than the fucking tutorial dungeon.
That said, DOS2 was objectively worse.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yep. I can't stand gear threadmill + cooldown managing in wow clones... Why bring it to single player RPG's?

Remember when you get the beliar claw in G2 NoTR and don't need to worry the rest of the game cuz you already have a legendary weapon? When spells are limited by mana poll, by spell slots and so on instead of boring timers? Why Larian brought it to SP games?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Of course.

Pathfinder is better in ruleset, adaptation of the ruleset, amount of content(over 1000 spells), quality of content and so on. As a 5E game, Solasta still way better than BG3. If their next game become Pf2e, then I believe that we can compare it with BG3 cuz pf will lose a lot of interesting things.
Keep coping Maradona we all know BG3 will be a bigger critical succes and commercial succes than your tranny game.

Friendly reminder:

15pVywk.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom