Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would personally recommend avoiding reaper unless you are in a group on your first life. You run into tier 3 monster champions on that difficulty and plague reapers will destroy you in just a couple hits. Because reaper spawns are a random chance it is very easy for you to get curbstomped on an unlucky amount of spawns. Trust me it gets really frustrating and not worth it.
I've soloed lots of reaper quests and reached reaper 3 now. Just bonk those reapers on their heads.
bonk!

Nim

Augur
How bad is inventory management is this game if you are playing long and doing TR?
Are you a hoarder ? Do you want to play lots of different builds ? If you say yes to either you will suffer. Both ? Hell.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Black Friday started. Good deals in market - if you wanted sharn and feywild expansions now is a good time. Nothing interesting for me in game store.

Guess i will have to buy expansions full price after all.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
huh... this is cool? Problem in past was that hardcore guilds were too small and quite impossible to form a party at your level. They had some cooler restrictions, like not using shops or hirelings at all, not really allowing trading

Id be up for it, bard or rogue

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
hardcore is shit because the servers have absolutely terrible stability, you're going to eventually die due to lag

if you have per-server bonuses don't forget to make a character and claim them so you can import them to your live server when it's over though

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
it got worse? back in my days death from lag wasnt a thing.
Id still go for it, dont expect to go past lvl 12 anyway. Not because Id die but because I expect to lose interest. But who knows

Codex Year of the Donut
Id still go for it, dont expect to go past lvl 12 anyway. Not because Id die but because I expect to lose interest. But who knows
intermittent lag spikes were common enough when I last played, just a minor annoyance on live, definitely the difference between losing your character on HC though

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
intermittent lag spikes were common enough when I last played, just a minor annoyance on live, definitely the difference between losing your character on HC though
give wand to Crispy and you will be fine

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant

I think on the hardcore server they put in special champions that have really nasty effects. A few seconds of lag is just milding annoying in game but on hardcore it can mean instant death.

Also, your locked out of running a quest if your too high over level so you cannot run a level 2 quest on elite at level 10 for max favor. But yeah, trappers and healers are essential over there so if you play one of those you should always find a group.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
is it first time they run hardcore or was it a thing in past years?

EDIT: nvm, season 5

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
How to sabotage others so they get killed in hardcore?
:troll:
hypnotic pattern to blind em, cast friendly grease near ledges, dispel feather fall mid flight

Or just run leroy jenkins style

or play healer but forget to heal

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
ie noticed that wiz3 gets now fancy forms. Does it mean that on hardcore its fairly common to have wiz3/wiz6 splashes?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
for example, if I go rogue mechanist, then foregoing 3 levels of rogue to gain wraith sounds only half bad.

more int, dex, sneak die(so you only lose half of it), featherfall, being incorporal... sadly no ghost touch - only reason im having second thoughts. For that one yo uwould need 6th wiz lvl.
You gain more hp, self heals, some spell utility...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom