Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Is Divinity: Original Sin the single most annoying RPG ever?

Is D:OS EE the most annoying RPG ever?

• Yes, I want to murder the Cheese Vendor, Charla, and the cats!

• No, I've played worse (how though?)

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sykar

Arcane
I couldn't finish the first chapter of D:OS 2.

Admittedly, the whole beginning kind of sucks. But even on the first island it gets pretty damn good.
As a rule, Larian games get only worse the more you progress through them, they frontload their games harder than any dev I know. D:OS2 peaks in Fort Joy.

Does that mean BG3 EA is as good as it's going to get? :)
Of course.
Stay in your Cuckfinder containment threads you filth.

Pathfinder is better in ruleset, adaptation of the ruleset, amount of content(over 1000 spells), quality of content and so on. As a 5E game, Solasta still way better than BG3. If their next game become Pf2e, then I believe that we can compare it with BG3 cuz pf will lose a lot of interesting things.
Keep coping Maradona we all know BG3 will be a bigger critical succes and commercial succes than your tranny game.

Friendly reminder:

15pVywk.png

m1bkufu7dh341.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Admittedly, the whole beginning kind of sucks. But even on the first island it gets pretty damn good.
As a rule, Larian games get only worse the more you progress through them, they frontload their games harder than any dev I know. D:OS2 peaks in Fort Joy.

Of course.

Pathfinder is better in ruleset, adaptation of the ruleset, amount of content(over 1000 spells), quality of content and so on. As a 5E game, Solasta still way better than BG3. If their next game become Pf2e, then I believe that we can compare it with BG3 cuz pf will lose a lot of interesting things.
Keep coping Maradona we all know BG3 will be a bigger critical succes and commercial succes than your tranny game.

Friendly reminder:

15pVywk.png
image.png

Also

ytyKDGF.png

ytUINgC.png

Above, the game journo who failed to play IWD:EE in story mode.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Even though I completely agree with OP and every single criticism of Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2, none of this changes the fact that Swen Vincke is the greatest Belgian that ever lived.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lionheart was much more annoying. It had a relatively passable start, but the rest of the game never followed that it. D:OS is just boring after a while, that's more tolerable.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Of course.

Friendly reminder:

15pVywk.png
image.png

Also

ytyKDGF.png

ytUINgC.png

Damn even Diablo 3 scored better than trannyfinder, LOL! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Even though I completely agree with OP and every single criticism of Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2, none of this changes the fact that Swen Vincke is the greatest Belgian that ever lived.
This could actually be true. My first thought was obviously the famous mathematician Jacques Tits. A short quote from Wikipedia "He introduced Tits buildings, the Tits alternative, the Tits group, and the Tits metric." An outstanding body of work.
But it turns out that he left Belgium and adopted another nationality, doping the Belgian one. I guess he was not only a gifted mathematician but also had good common sense.

JDR13

Arcane
IIRC I dropped the game shortly after leaving Cyseal because the game took a massive nosedive in content quality, but I don’t recall finding it all that annoying up till then. The music in particular I remember being excellent, with the tavern theme being the rare enjoyable ear-worm.

There's no massive nosedive, but I agree the novelty starts to wear off by the time you finish Cyseal. The latter parts are still good if you like their style. My biggest issue was the constant silly humor and dialogue. It's just not really my thing.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Define "failed to play."
Like millions of people before him, the guy played it and didn't like it. He had the misfortune of doing it on a YouTube video, so he will be shat on for posterity.

If I were to play the devil's advocate, I would also point out he played the Nintendo Switch port. I personally tried the Beandog Android port of BGEE and it was atrocious. If the quality is consistent throughout different platforms, I can see legitimate reasons for not enjoying IWDEE on the Switch.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Define "failed to play."
Like millions of people before him, the guy played it and didn't like it. He had the misfortune of doing it on a YouTube video, so he will be shat on for posterity.
He got filtered because, even on Story Mode, you can't hit certain monsters with nonmagical weapons. IIRC, he also complains because it's too hard to "equip magic".

At one point, it stops being about you not enjoying the game and it starts being about you displaying your retardation with pride.

gaussgunner

Arcane
IIRC I dropped the game shortly after leaving Cyseal because the game took a massive nosedive in content quality, but I don’t recall finding it all that annoying up till then. The music in particular I remember being excellent, with the tavern theme being the rare enjoyable ear-worm.

The one with the munchkins singing? They recycled that from Divine Divinity.

It's a tough argument. On one hand, D:OS has the worst writing ever, quite literally, reinforced by annoying NPC chatter, stupid plot, etc. There is no individual element of Shitmaker that's as bad as the writing/humor in D:OS.

On the other hand, D:OS has some good parts, like the combat before you get to the last maps, some of the quests (if you ignore the writing), the game engine, etc. I can't think of anything good in Shitmaker.

So I guess it's a question of do you prefer all around mediocre shit OR occasional flashes of goodness mired in REALLY TERRIBLE shit?

The writing def is annoying and the plot is exceedingly boring both in concept and delivery. I loved the sequel, but never could get past the first town in the original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom