Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Bug Fables - a fantastic Paper Mario-like RPG...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game is heavily influenced by Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door with a bit of Mario & Luigi RPG series thrown in. I recently bought it during the Steam Autumn sale after hearing about it for a long time from Paper Mario fans on /v/ and getting a lot of attention from Nintendo fans after its port to the Switch. I'm only halfway through the second chapter but already I can feel this is a great game for people yearning for that original Paper Mario style of RPG.

The game is fun, wholesome and has a lot of stuff to do. It's rated Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam for a reason, why aren't people talking about this??

Jinn

Arcane
The game is fun, wholesome and has a lot of stuff to do. It's rated Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam for a reason, why aren't people talking about this??

I know the Paper Mario games aren't really known for their challenge, but is there any decent challenge in this?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

I know the Paper Mario games aren't really known for their challenge, but is there any decent challenge in this?

IIRC the general consensus is that it is more challenging than Paper Mario in general. There's also a hard mode option--at the very start of the game you can get a badge which enables hard mode (costs 0 badge points so no need to sacrifice other badges for it) that grants slightly more xp but makes enemies have higher HP and do more damage. There are also badges you can get for beating the chapter boss on Hard mode (since it's a badge you can take it on/off depending on what you want at the time) In the first chapter using the badge I'd have to backtrack every other encounter to a save/heal station whereas w/o the badge it wasn't necessary.

Jinn

Arcane
IIRC the general consensus is that it is more challenging than Paper Mario in general. There's also a hard mode option--at the very start of the game you can get a badge which enables hard mode (costs 0 badge points so no need to sacrifice other badges for it) that grants slightly more xp but makes enemies have higher HP and do more damage. There are also badges and achievements you can get for beating the chapter boss on Hard mode (since it's a badge you can take it on/off depending on what you want at the time) In the first chapter using the badge I'd have to backtrack every other encounter to a save/heal station whereas w/o the badge it wasn't necessary.

Sounds good!

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
also AFAIK there are a lot of optional areas that are more challenging than the main path, like something like an arena and stuff like that.. but I haven't gotten that far yet, just going based on what I've seen talked about.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've had this in my backlog for a long time. I got it because of the comparisons to the games that you mentioned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom