Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elderborn - A Dark Messiah spiritual sucessor (apparently)

ColCol

Arcane
So I rebought it after Gman said he thought it improved. There seemed to be a bit of little fine tuning everywhere , but what I think improved it most is current range of difficulties. I played the game on the current normal and it made the game a lot more enjoyable. In part, this is because it stops feeling like a shitty dark souls clone and more like Dark messiah or condemned . A challenging melee game that lets you have your fun but isn't afraid to come down hard on the player every now and then. For the current price, I definitely think you'll get your money's worth (and support a small indie studio). Plus the devs seems to be hinting there will be added content due to recent interest. My only real criticism of the game after retuning, so far, is the repetition of enemies and the players' arsenal. Most people will probably only stick with two or three of the nine weapons. I feel the game should have gone the route of making more of the weapons fits different situations.

Riskbreaker

I might have to go back to it and see how much has changed. I've played thru the first area and beaten its boss, but I've had hard time progressing anywhere in the city area or forcing myself to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom